NINTH KISS: I Promised, Right?

Thirty Kisses: You and Changmin (OPEN FOR SCENARIO REQUESTS!!!)

A.N. This oneshot was requested by AmberKeyHolder7. Mianhe for the late update. I’ve been busy in college… huhu… But now that my 1st year has ended and it’s finally summer, I can finally focus on my writing. So, voila!~ I’m back~~~ Anyway, I hope you all enjoy this one.

And  to AmberKeyHolder7, I’m terribly sorry for keeping you waiting for this request… I’m really sorry for the inconvenience.


 

~Ninth Kiss: I Promised, Right?

~Requested by: AmberKeyHolder7

She hates him to the core. He annoys her a lot. She couldn’t stand his arrogance and the fact that he gets high grades without even putting much effort in his studies. Shim Changmin is a natural pro. He, not only excels in academics, he is active in extra-curricular activities as well. Not to mention that he’s also attractive and has a lot of friends. Ri ah hated to admit it, but she envies him a lot, because unlike him, she had to work so hard to get good grades, to juggle her academics with friends and other activities. She was simple girl, very silent in class. She’s so annoyed by the fact that Changmin pretty much handles life so easily. He basically has everything. It’s like he’s the epitome of a perfect person, well as most of the girls in their class say…

“Two people from this class got the highest score in the test. Congratulations Lee Ri Ah and Shim Changmin!” Their professor announced in class as she distributed the checked test papers of the students in Class A-1. The two high rankers stood up to claim their papers and to be acknowledged by the teacher and the class. Changmin smiled at the young lady as they both sat on their respective places, next to each other.

“Congratulations…” He greeted her with a smile. Ri ah looked at him with a puzzled expression and forced out an almost inaudible, “Thanks. Congratulations to you too.” Before turning away from him and rolling her eyes, thinking, ‘Pshhh… What a fake… His smug smile is so annoying it’s so obvious he’s trying to show off. Gosh I hate him so much!’

Right after class, Ri Ah walked home with her best friend, Victoria. The two of them always go home immediately after class to have more time for studying. They often study together in each other’s houses. They had an alternate schedule on which house they would stay. On Mondays and Wednesdays they study in Ri Ah’s and on Tuesdays and Thursdays, they study in Victoria’s. Friday, Saturday and Sunday are their free days, but there are times (Well most of the time…) that Ri Ah spends her afternoon on those days, studying. A lot of people call her a total geek, but that’s how conscious she is about her grades. Ri Ah wants to make her parents proud, so much that she works extra hard in her class, which is a good thing, but sometimes her parents think that she’s overdoing things. Sure they were happy about how Ri Ah values education so much, but they know that she has to enjoy too and have a little fun. They believe that Ri Ah also needs to socialize. It is not only in books that a person could learn. She needs to get out and experience a lot of things in life. Ri Ah’s isolation worried them…

Changmin on the otherhand, spends a lot of time having fun. After classes he spends a few hours with his friends to have fun. At times he stays in school to participate in meetings and practices in his school’s organizations in which he and most of his friends have joined.  After that, he goes home to rest and study. His parents at first, were worried that Changmin might not be able to manage his time wisely, but surprisingly he has been able to juggle everything at ease for the past few years.


“Changmin seems to be a nice person after all... At first, he looks arrogant, but once you get to know him, he’s not  bad after all.” Victoria remarked all of a sudden as she scribbled down a few important things in her notebook. Ri Ah put her pen down and took off her glasses to give Victoria a glare.

“How can you say that? Pshhh… He’s so fake can’t you see it? His smile is so annoying… His lips are so long and ughhh… His eyes are mismatched…. Whatever… I hate him when he smiles… I hate him. Period.” Ri Ah shrieked in anger and frustration. Just having any thoughts about Changmin makes her explode.

“You don’t have to be so harsh on him. What did he ever do to you?” Victoria asked curiously.

“He does a lot of things to make me angry. He’s so arrogant and evil. He’s so full of himself.” Ri Ah replied. “He thinks he’s so good at everything!”

“When did smiling a lot and congratulating you become an evil and arrogant thing to do? He’s actually nice to you. You’re just to annoyed to notice. You’re competing with him too much that you don’t appreciate his acts of kindness. You know what I think? I think he likes you!” Victoria said, giggling causing Ri Ah to flinch.

“Like me?! Kind my ! As if! He’s just acting. All popular kids are like that…” Ri Ah retorted as she opened another text book to divert her attention to something else.

“I think you like him and you’re just in denial…” Victoria teased as she poke her best friend’s cheek with apen. Ri Ah shrugged Victoria’s hand away in annoyance, causing the pen to fly somewherelse across the room.

“I would never like that guy, even if he’d be the last person on earth!” Ri Ah said defensively.

Victoria sighed helplessly. She had always thought that the two make a cute couple. It was too bad that Ri Ah hates Changmin so much that it has made everything impossible.

Ri Ah’s face softened as she looked at a bracelet she had always worn on her left hand.

“You know why I can’t like him…. I can’t like other guys because… I’m already in love with someone else.” She answered at her thoughts travelled back to those good old days when she was with her childhood sweet heart whom she called, Shimin…


~*~Flashback:~*~

After helping her parents unpack their things inside the vacation house they have Ri Ah went outside to play with her colorful ball. She ran in circles and threw the ball high up in the air. She giggled and played by herself. The little girl was having so much fun until her ball bounced away from her and fell on the stream. She gasped and cried in panic as she reached for her favorite toy that floated away from her. She went into the stream, soaking her clothes in the process. She swam all farther and farther and tried to reach the ball but failed. It took her long to realize that she went to the deep part of the stream. She knows how to swim but unfortunately the water was too deep for her.

“HELP!” She screamed as she tried to stay afloat, but failed. She was losing air in her lungs as she fell deeper in to the water. She closed her eyes and decided to think of better things, like she always does when she is afraid. Her eyes slowly fluttered open when she felt someone’s hand grab hers pulling her up and bringing her to land. She gasped for air as soon as she sat on the concrete ground. She coughed a few times to get the water out of her lungs. Her savior, a boy about her age looked at her in a calm way and gave her a pat in the back to calm her down.

Ri Ah was so afraid. She thought that she would die down there. Tears poured from her beautiful eyes. The boy instinctively wrapped his arms around her.

“Hey… You’re gonna be okay… I wasn’t able to get your toy, but at least you’re safe…” The boy said and Ri Ah held on to him tighter and sobbed harder. He was a total stranger, but the fact that he saved her life made her immediately trust him.

“Shhh… Let’s get you to the rest house so that you could get changed. After that we will look for your parents…” He suggested and as he held her hand securely and took her to the rest house where they found both of their parents having tea. Apparently, Ri Ah’s parents and the boy’s parents were long time friends. It surprised both of them to see their children drenched.

“My goodness, what happened to the both of you, Min?” The boy’s mother asked as she rushed towards Ri Ah and her son.

“I’ll go get towels…” Ri ah’s mother said as she rushed to get two towels for both of the kids.

After the two got changed, Min and Ri Ah immediately explained what happened, of course the two were scolded, parents will be parents after all.

The two kids stayed in the living room as their parents prepared dinner. There was an awkward silence between them. Min wasn’t really good at talking to girls. Most of his friends were boys it was the first time he ever got to interact with a girl his age. On the other hand, Ri Ah was just really shy.

“Thank you… For saving me…” The little girl squeaked, blushing a deep shade of red. She wasn’t really talkative, but she couldn’t help but thank him after what he did. The boy gave her a sweet smile, making her cheeks heat up.

“You’re welcome… I didn’t get to know your name… What’s your name again?” He asked in a friendly manner and Ri Ah smiled back at him and answered, “Lee Ri Ah imnida…”

The boy was really mesmerized by Ri Ah. She looked beautiful in her pink dress and her hair tied neatly in a simple low braid, secured by a pink silky ribbon.

“Shim… Min imnida…”He introduced himself, or at least that’s what Ri Ah comprehended.

Since then the two became great friends. They played with each other the whole summer. It was truly wonderful for both of them. It was too bad that summer had to end so soon. Ri Ah had to go back to her hometown and Min had to go to America because of his parents’ jobs.

It was hard for the two to say goodbye to each other but they had to…

“I’ll miss you so much, Shimin-ah” Ri Ah sobbed as she rested her head on Min’s shoulder. Min held her tight in his arms and patted her back.

“I’ll never forget you. I promise. I’ll come back.”He said as he pulled away to wipe the young girl’s tears. Took a blue bracelet from his wrist and placed it on Ri Ah’s. Ri Ah looked at him in a puzzled manner and Min smiled as he ruffled her hair.

“It’s for you, Riri. It’s not much. But I want to give you something that will remind you of me.” He explained. “Don’t forget me, okay?”

“I won’t…” She promised him as she handed a silver charm pendant shaped like a crown with her name engraved on it. “I’ll wait for you…”

~*~End of Flashback~*~


“I don’t get why you’re so interested in her when she seems to snob you all the time.”Changmin’s friend Junsu remarked, pertaining to Ri Ah as Changmin fixed his things and got his books from his locker.

“I also don’t get why you always keep that girly looking charm with you…” Yunho, another friend of Changmin’s added as he examined a crown-shaped charm attached Changmin’s backpack. Usually, Changmin keeps the charm inside when he zips his bag closed, but he was hurrying for school a while ago and forgot to keep it in. He blushed at Yunho’s comment. It was a secret he kept to himself. He found the thing cheesy and was afraid that his friends might once he told them about it.

“It’s custom-made charm… It’s engraved with a name… Ri Ah…” Yunho gasped in surprise and then chuckled.

“Aish… stop it… It’s a private thing… I won’t tell okay...” Changmin hissed as he slammed his locker shut and shrugged his backpack off of Yunho’s hands.

“Come on… We won’t judge. What are friends for?” Junsu said as he placed at arm on Changmin’s shoulder.

Changmin sighed as hugged his books closer to himself. “I made a promise to a girl when I was young. Her name is Ri Ah…”


Classes were dismissed early because their last professor wasn’t present at that day. All the students in their class were scrambling around to get their things, hurrying to go early. Changmin had a lot of books in his hands and so did Ri ah. They stuggled to get their things fixed with all the students crowding in the classroom and their friends calling out to them to hurry.

 The two were both hurrying up to get outside the classroom that they accidentally bumped into each other and dropped their books all over the place.

“Sorry…” The two apologized in unison as both of them reached to pick up the books on the floor. The two were left both dumbfounded as they felt each other’s hands touch when they accidentally grabbed the last book together. Changmin got a glimpse of an extremely familiar blue bracelet around her wrist that was usually hidden in her long sleeved uniform. He looked into her eyes and she looked back at his.

“Riri?”Changmin asked, hoping that he has finally found her. Ri ah looked at her in a puzzled way.

“What did you call me?” She gasped in shock.

“Yah! What’s taking you guys so long?!” Yunho called out impatiently.

“Ri Ah come on! I want to get home early!” Victoria complained but it seems as though the two couldn’t hear anything.

“Riri… It’s me… Shimin? I know that bracelet… I gave that to a girl when I was young… I gave that to a girl named Ri Ah… Could that Ri Ah really be you? Please! It has to be you! “He begged as he looked in to her eyes but Ri Ah was at lost for words. He put his books down and went to get the charm on his back pack to show her.

Ri Ah’s eyes watered. No wonder that no matter how she found his smile irritating, it still somehow seemed familiar to her. Changmin was Shimin. How could she be so annoyed with the man whom she had been waiting for all her life?

She dropped the books on the floor as she rushed in his arms to hug him, her long lost childhood sweet heart. Their friends stood dumbfounded at the scene before them.

“I think we should give them some privacy…” Junsu pointed out in whisper.

“Shhh!!! It’s getting exciting already…” Victoria giggled in a soft manner as to avoid disturbing them.

Yunho smirked and kept silent, agreeing with Victoria as he kept his hands in his pockets and watched the two love birds before them.

“I thought you forgot about me…” Ri Ah said as she looked into his eyes.

“You know  I couldn’t do that… I promised right?” Changmin replied with a smile, before leaning forward to give her a chaste kiss on the forehead, making her blush a thousand shades of red. The two were in a different dimension until they heard a loud cheer and squeak and an applause from their friends waiting outside.

“My ship is finally sailing! Whoohoo!” Victoria squealed happily for the two while Yunho and Junsu chuckled as they clapped for their buddy and his girl.


A.N. It took so long for me to update this fic… Omo~~~ I hope you guys like this… It’s fluffier than the others I’ve written. Most of my friends say I’m a better writer in fluff than in angst and … LOL

Again, I would like to apologize to AmberKeyHolder7 for the delay of your request… >.<  I’m really sorry… My thoughts were scattered all over the place these past few months… Having writer’s block is definitely annoying…

I would also like to apologize to my other readers as well for keeping you guys waiting and unsatisfied. I’m really really sorry… >.< I would also like to give my thanks to you guys, especially to everyone giving their time to read my fics … Thank you so much for your support ^^

I would also like to remind you as well, to feel free to send request. It’s summer already so I can process your requests better this time because I’m not busy! So YEY!!!

I’ve got three months of summer, that means, I’ve got three months so keep throwing your requests at me! Whoohoo!!! LOL ! XD

***Request Form:

Name/Pen Name: (You might be thinking that this isn't necesarry but I have to be organized with your request. I don't want to get things messed up.)

Title: (This is optional. You can leave it to me, if you like and if you find it hard to think of a title. ^_^)

Rating: (Write the following: K- for fluff, T- for hot fluff, and M-for mature stuff)

Plot: (Just a brief summary of what you want me to write. Okay. This is the most important part of the form! So NEVER leave this blank!)

 

With love,

~Kei-chan <3