My Happy Ending

I'd Lie Again to Get You (1)

                “What happened?” I asked, trying my hardest not to sound whiny at his stopping.

                “What time will your parents be home?  Are they working?” he spit out quickly, eyes darting around like a caged animal.

                “Yes, they are working so it won’t be until late,” I answered.  His smirk reappeared and he resumed his slow crawl toward me until he hovered above me, one knee on either side of my waist, arms on either side of my head on the armrest.  He lowered his face just enough to drop a kiss on my forehead.

                After all that.  That’s all I get.  I think not.  I glared up at him, one corner of my mouth turning up.  I mustered up my strength and, with lightening fast speed, I pushed his knees out from under him and knocked his hands off the armrest.  Causing him to fall flat on me.

                And almost knocked the wind out of me.

                “Ow…” I moaned.  “Not as y as I thought that would be.”

                He laughed and adjusted himself so that all of his rock hard soccer player’s body was more to the side of me instead of crushing me.  He lowered his forehead against my temple and ran his fingers up my arm.  His smile fell when he hit my shoulder.  He used a couple of fingers to put a little pressure through the sleeve of the hoodie for a second before rolling his eyes.

                “You and these clothes, I swear…” he complained under his breath.  He yanked on the neck of the hoodie and reached into my sleeve to pull up my tank top and bra strap that had fallen off my shoulder.  He fixed them back in place and pulled his hand away.

                I giggled.  “You’re just mad I’m still in baggy clothes.”

                “I’m mad you’re in clothes at all,” he countered.

                “Ji Ho!  What the hell?” I gasped, surprised.

                “Hey, I warned you about those thoughts I had.”  He arched an eyebrow at me.  “I couldn’t say anything before, but now that you’re…my…” he trailed off haltingly.

                “Now that I’m your…” I sang anxiously.  I excitedly wiggled my feet a little.  “Say it!”

                “Are you though?”

                “Only if you say it!”

                “I don’t want to do anything to ruin our friendship…” he sighed with mock nervousness.  I growled and pinched his side.  “Ow, girlfriend!  Now that you’re my girlfriend.”  He rubbed his side.  “You’re kind of strong.”

                “Enough with the talking, more with the kissing,” I chirped.

                He laughed but lowered his face until his mouth covered mine.  After a moment, he began trailing kisses over my jaw and down my neck.  I felt him smile against my neck before lifting his head to kiss me on the cheek.

                A thought crossed my mind and I instantly felt bad.  “Ugh,” I sighed.

                “What’s wrong?” he wondered, brushing hair off my forehead.

                “I should call Kyung.  He was right about everything and all I did was think of ways to maim and torture him,” I explained guiltily.

                I glanced at him and the glare in his eyes was actually quite frightening.

                I winced inwardly.  “W-what?”

                He scoffed.  “I know you weren’t just thinking of Kyung while I was kissing you.”  He still hadn’t blinked.  “I know you weren’t,” he emphasized through gritted teeth.

               “No, oppa, I wasn’t,” I said, switching to flirty Korean.  He was only a couple of months older than me, but chances were good that the oppa thing would get to him.

                He groaned painfully and let his head fall to my shoulder.  “You have no idea what your speaking Korean does to me, do you?”

                “Oh?” I sounded, blinking innocently at him.  “Really?”

                “Yes, really.  Whenever I hear you speak Korean, it makes me crazy.”

                I laughed.  “Wait, seriously?  Why?”

                “There’s something very…y about Korean words coming out of your little white girl mouth.”

                I continued laughing.  Until he leaned down and kissed me again.

 

                That Monday, school started again after spring break.  Ji Ho and I were sitting in the cafeteria waiting for the first period bell to ring.  We were early and none of our other friends had shown up yet.  We were talking, sitting together, and his hand was casually hooked over my knee.

                Someone cleared his throat.

                “Kyung!” I greeted him happily.

                He eyed Ji Ho’s hand and nodded at him.

                “What’s up?” Ji Ho greeted him carefully.

                “I was right, wasn’t I?” he sniffed.

                I looked at Ji Ho quickly before meeting eyes with Kyung.  “Yes.  You were right about everything.”

                “I heard you wanted to kill me,” he said, blinking incredulously at me.

                I giggled.  “I’m sorry.”

                “You wanted Beki to pull my eyeballs out of my eye sockets!” he continued irately.

                “I did say that, didn’t I?” I murmured under my breath.  “Kyung, that was before I talked to Ji Ho.  I was mad.  I still thought you were wrong!  I’m really sorry.”  Then I pointed, wide eyed at Ji Ho.  “Blame him!  He’d been fighting his feelings for me this whole time!  Pretending and acting like he felt nothing!”

                Ji Ho snapped his teeth at my finger.  “You threw me under the bus.”

                “I am sorry, though, Kyung.  Honest,” I told him seriously.

                He hummed thoughtfully for a second and then shrugged.

                “All’s forgiven,” he told me with a smile that quickly turned devilish when he looked at Ji Ho.  “I saw your girlfriend in her underwear,” he teased.

                Ji Ho’s head whipped in my direction.  A snarl forming on his lips.

                “Ugh, I already said I was sorry!” I whined.

                Kyung cracked up all by himself. 

                “Kyung!  Hey!” a girl’s voice came from a few feet away near the opening to the hallway leading to our lockers.

                It was Maddie.

                Kyung looked in her direction and smiled warmly, waving to the pretty brunette.  He turned back to us.  “I was just messing with you, man.  Doesn’t mean anything.”  He nodded to me as he stood up.  “She was never anyone else’s but yours.  You know that.”

                I smiled gratefully up at him.  “You and Maddie?” I asked, glancing at the girl still waiting for Kyung.

                He winked at me and did his signature ‘finger drag over the bottom lip’ move.

                “Members of boy bands get the girls of their choice, remember?  I never needed anyone’s help to get her.”

                With one last smile, he bolted.  Jogging over to Maddie, slinging an arm over her shoulders.

                Ji Ho was still glowering at me, frowning.

                A quick peck on the cheek fixed that.