New Plan

I'd Lie Again to Get You (1)

                “I changed my mind,” I called from my stubborn spot on my bed.  “I don’t want to do this anymore.”

                Kyung sighed dramatically from where he was inside my closet still trying to find an outfit for me to change into. 

                The whole ‘making Ji Ho jealous in school’ thing wasn’t working.  Kissing him obviously didn’t work since he was out with Natalie this lovely Friday night.  And this, this was definitely not going to work.

                “Fine.  Let Natalie have Ji Ho!” he growled at me.

                “No, I don’t want that,” I sighed, chewing on my index fingernail.

                “Then shut it.  Here, I found something.”

                I cringed.  Why I couldn’t just stay in my track pants and hoodie was beyond me.  Oh wait, that’s right.  Kyung said it was because an onlooker couldn’t tell if I had a boy’s body or a girl’s body under all my layers.  He appeared out of my closet holding my underwear?!

                “Kyung!” I gasped, lunging for him.  He stepped back and I face planted onto my mattress.  “What are you doing with my underwear?!”

                He laughed and curled the tank top and underwear against his body and held his empty hand out to block me.  “Just listen!”

                “I can’t hear anything while you hold my underwear!”

                He tossed the clothes to me and sat carefully on the edge of my bed.  I angrily scooped them up.  “If Ji Ho is going to come here and see us together, it will make him insanely jealous if he sees you all scantily dressed and cute.”

                I groaned and then eyed him hesitantly.  “You want me to only wear this?” I asked holding up the pink underwear and the black spaghetti strapped tank top.

                He nodded.  “The important parts will be covered.”

                “I want pants.”

                “The underwear is boy shorts.”

                “The tank top is low cut.  My chest will be all exposed.”

                He scoffed.  “It’s not like you have anything to show,” he muttered, suddenly very fascinated with his watch.  He looked up when I said nothing and caught me shooting daggers at him through my eyes.  “Ok, I’m sorry!” he laughed.  “Come on, get changed.  What time do you think he’ll be here?”

                I shrugged and stumbled off the bed when he shoved me.  “I don’t know.  He’s out with Natalie.”

                “So he just shows up after his dates?” he asked, pushing himself to the head of my bed and grabbing the remote.

                I stood next to the bed, not moving to get changed.  “Yes.”

                “He won’t call or text you or anything?”

                “He would if he sees that the window is closed.  If the window is open, he knows that means I’m in here.”  I glanced at my own wrist watch.  “It’s late.  He knows my parents will be in bed by now.”

                Kyung nodded thoughtfully.  “Then this will work out perfectly.”

                “What if he calls?” I wondered.

                “You just said he wouldn’t!” he laughed.  “The window is wide open!”

                “But what if…”  I was feeling off.  This would never work.  Mission ‘make Ji Ho jealous’ is failing miserably.

                “Ok, if on the off chance he does text or call, don’t answer.  Don’t reply.  You’ll be busy remember?”  He chuckled when he put finger quotes about the word ‘busy.’  His eyes widened and he nodded as if he’d figured the answer to a difficult calc problem.  “Yeah!  He can always get in touch with you.  If you don’t, then he’ll be worried and definitely come up!  Then he’ll see me and all of his deep, buried feelings for you will come to light and he’ll figure everything out and you two can be together.”

                “Do you have the hots for Natalie or something?” I asked, hand on my hip.

                “I told you I don’t like new people.  I mean she’s really nice and pretty hot and all that, but you and Ji Ho are supposed to be together,” he explained calmly.  “Besides, Maddie is more my type, remember?”

                I smiled.  I was grateful every day to have such good friends like Kyung.

                Then I remembered what he wanted me to wear and I frowned.

                “Get dressed or this will never work,” he told me without looking away from the TV.

                “But…”

                “I wonder when he and Natalie are going to have .  They haven’t yet, maybe soon then,” he mused with a sigh.  I grumbled and locked myself in the closet to change.

                I looked down at myself still in the closet after I changed.  The tank top had a built in bra, but the straps to the shirt itself were still too long and slid off my shoulders.  I put a pair of bikini underwear on underneath the boy shorts because I was far too skiddish to handle lying around with Kyung in only my underwear.  The boy shorts were long enough to hide my other pair of underwear.

                “I’m not doing this,” I told him still hiding.

                “Fine,” he called back softly.  “Let Natalie have Ji Ho.  You must not really love him if you’re willing to give him up so quickly.”

                Damn it, Kyung.  You know just what to say to get to me.  No way did Natalie love Ji Ho more than me.  Or at all for that matter!  He was still trying to get her to be his girlfriend!

                I trudged out of the closet and stood by my bed, head hanging in shame.  Kyung forgot about the TV and sat up straight.

                “Wow!” he smiled.  “You look like a girl!”  I pouted and tried to stretch my boy shorts lower.  “Stop pouting and stop fidgeting.  You look good.”

                “No one has ever seen this much skin on me!” I whispered, sitting on my legs next to him.  “This is never going to work.”

                “That is exactly why this is going to work!” he insisted, facing me.  “He’s a guy.  He’s probably been fantasizing about you in clothes like that since you guys were 13!”

                I scoffed.  “No way.  We really are just friends.”

                Kyung rubbed tiny circles on his temple.  “Yes, I know that, but still.”  I glared at him.  “Ok, say he never imagined you before, after this, he won’t be able to stop thinking about you.”

                “Kyung, what if this doesn’t work?” I asked, looking down.

                “It’ll work.”

                “But what if-”

                “Alright!” he sighed exasperatedly.  “In the parallel universe where this doesn’t work, then me and you will just slowly stop seeing each other like we decided to only be friends.  Ji Ho will never know because you’ve made me swear on my life, my mother’s life, my father’s life, and my grandmother’s life that I would never tell about your feelings for him.  It can go back to the way it was.  You can go back to pining for him from afar.  You won’t lose him.  You never could.  I promise.”

                I nodded.  “Thanks, Kyung.”

                He smiled warmly at me before it turned into a teasing smirk.  “Now,” he said sliding down to lie flat on his back.  “How do you want him to find us?”

                I hugged my knees to my chest.  “I should have asked Tae Il to do this.”

                He laughed wickedly.  “You said he was too pretty!”

                I was about to argue when I caught his expression.  “You’re jealous of him, too, aren’t you?” I giggled.

                He sniffed and folded his arms behind his head.  “I get plenty of girls all on my own with this y face!” he defended.

                “But?”

                He frowned.  “But, it’s not fair that all the girls in school think he’s just so adorable!”

                I giggled.  “Fine, but I feel like you’re going to tease me too much over this.  Maybe I should have asked Yu Kwon then.”

                “Ha!  Beki is going to kick your for even thinking about that.”

                “True,” I said, stifling my laughter.  “Well, then Jae Hyo.”

                “On the rare chance that Amelia would just hand Jae Hyo over to you as a loan, could you really do this with your best girl friend’s boyfriend?”

               “Also true.  Well, then I bet Ji Hoon or Min Hyuck would have pretended to be my boyfriend if I asked.  It would have been ok.  Neither of them have girlfriends.”

                “Min Hyuck would have worked,” he answered slowly.  “So would Ji Hoon, but could you imagine him whispering stuff to you, trying to be all suave?”

                I thought about that for a moment.  “I thought it might be a little scary at first, but now that I think of it, he’s really cute and his voice is kind of y.”  Kyung pouted.  I couldn’t help but laugh.  “You guys are all attractive, really cool guys.  You all could get girls in your sleep.  Why are you jealous of each other?”

                Kyung shrugged.  “It’s a guy thing.”

                We had a good laugh and I was feeling a little less freaked out about this until he said something about me lying down too.

                “I’m going to screw this up,” I grumbled lying in the fetal position next to him.

                With a sigh, he sat up and pulled my legs out straight.  “You’ll be fine.  It’s all just pretend.  We’re not going to actually do anything.  We’re only going to make it look like we are so Ji Ho will think we are.  Ok?”

                “Yes, but…whoa, are you going to lie on me?” I asked, arms flailing at the wrists.