And...Action

I'd Lie Again to Get You (1)

                Kyung laughed.  He hovered above me on his hands and knees.  “Stop looking so scared.  You’re making me feel like a ert.  I’m not going to lie on you.  The point is to make it look like we’re messing around.”  He stretched out next to me so that he was facing the window and then switched so that he was lying at my other side with his back to the window.  “I think I’m covering too much of you like this.  Plus, I won’t be able to see when he comes through the window.”

                “If you prop yourself up on your elbow, I can see the window around your neck,” I said.  “I’ll tell you when he’s in the window.”

                “You think it looks like we’re kissing?” he asked, bringing one of my legs over his own.  “Maybe you should be on top.”

                “See, now, I was worried this conversation would be way too awkward,” I laughed on the verge of tears.

                He laughed.  “Sorry, but at least it’s just me.  We’re cool.  This is nothing.”

                He had a point.  Even though I was just as good of friends with the other guys and I joked about asking one of them to play along, I honestly thought I’d break out in hives if I tried this charade with any one other than Kyung.  There was something so natural and casual about him.  He made things feel easy.

                “Right.  You’re right.  Ok, I’m ok,” I said more to myself than him.  “But I don’t want to be on top.”

                “Hmm…” he sounded.  “You’re right.  You’re not the dominating type.”

                “Hey!  I could dominate you if I wanted.”  And that’s that.  I covered my eyes.  “We can’t be friends anymore now.”  He was cracking up.  “This isn’t funny!”  It was a little.

                He took a deep breath.  “Ok, I’m sorry.  Here, how about this?”  He sat up and pulled me lower on the bed by my legs.

                I gasped.  “Ow, Kyung!  You gave me a wedgie,” I whined.

                “How appealing sounding,” he cracked up as I wiggled around a little to fix my underwear.  “Finished?”

                “Shut up.” 

                He laughed again.  “Don’t be cranky.  I’m telling you, this is going to work.  Ji Ho will lose his mind if he sees us here.  He’s never seen you with a guy like this, right?”  I shook my head.  “Plus it’s me.  I’m one of his friends.  One of his ier friends.”  He arched an eyebrow and slowly ran a finger across his lower lip.

                I broke out in a fit of giggles.  “You look like you belong in a boy band.”

                “It’s supposed to be hot.”

                “Sorry,” I coughed still laughing.

                “You’re hurting my ego.”

               I cleared my throat.  “I’m sorry.  Kyung, it’s very y.  I’m feeling hot just looking at you.”  He scoffed.

                “Doesn’t count now,” he grumbled, laying so that half of his body covered half of mine, he propped up his head again and looked down at me.  “If you turn your head toward me, I bet it totally looks like we’re about to get it on.  Plus I can see the window out of the corner of my eye.”

                “Fantastic,” I mumbled.  “Could you adjust your hips over some more?  Something is trying to puncture one of my organs.”

                He laughed at the sudden horrified look on my face.  His shoulders shook the harder he cackled.  “You read too many trashy novels.  It was my belt buckle.  See?”  He pointed to where the metal on his belt was digging into my side.

                My cheeks were on fire.  “I wasn’t thinking…”  Still laughing, he tried fixing his belt so it wouldn’t cut into my skin.  “Here, I’ll just move over like…”  I tried shifted to make our position more comfortable for both of us.

                He stopped laughing.  “Wait, stop doing that.  Just because it was my belt buckle before doesn’t mean it can’t be what you were thinking if you keep doing that.”

                “Kyung!” I groaned, freezing, afraid to move.  “You said we were cool!”

                “We are, but my hormones don’t know that.  All they know is girl skin is touching my skin.  They don’t know the girl is just my buddy.  I can’t control the blood flow in my body.”  I couldn’t help but laugh at the look on his face.

                “Sorry,” I giggled.  “Is this ok now?”

                “Yes.  This is how we’ll be when we hear him coming up to your window,” he decided, rolling off me to lie next to me.  He went back to focusing on the TV screen.  I sat up and brought my legs to my chest to feel more covered while we watched TV and waited.

                After two episodes of whatever show it was we were watching finished, I heard the familiar pounding of feet on the fire escape outside.

                Kyung heard it too.  He flipped over into position, kneeing me in the thigh.

                “Ow!” I growled.  He snorted back laughter.

                “I’m sorry.  Now, don’t make me laugh or you’ll blow our cover!”

                “Ok, ok,” I muttered situating my body next to his.  “It doesn’t look awkward, you don’t think, right?”

                He shrugged one shoulder and draped an arm over my waist.  “You think it doesn’t look natural?”

                “I don’t know how this is supposed to look!”

                The footsteps were getting closer.  I panicked and hitched a leg up one of his.  He placed a hand cautiously on my thigh near my knee.  I grabbed a handful of his tee shirt.

                “You think that’s better?” I asked quietly.

                “Touching is believable,” he whispered.  “I think.”  I quieted my laughter and turned my head so more of my face was against his neck.

                “Can you see the window?”

                “Yeah,” he murmured, keeping his face close to my neck.  “Just don’t panic or freak out or something.  This is totally going to work.”  I nodded and he nuzzled his cheek against my jaw.  I appreciated him not actually kissing me.

                I heard a Korean cuss word.  Then Ji Ho switched to English.  “Whoa!  Crap!  Sorry!”