Hot Mess 13

Hot Mess

 

As much as Taemin really wanted to do something after their schedule, they were simply too exhausted to do anything else than go to a restaurant for dinner. Due to Taemin’s constant whining however they ended up going to karaoke after dinner, singing their throats dry and dancing until they were ready to fall asleep on the spot.

The whole feel of the group had gone back to trust and calmness and Kibum felt a slight pang of guilt knowing that it had been mostly his fault for the bad energy between all the members.

Jonghyun and Minho noticed Kibum's expression change as they sat and watched Jinki and Taemin go crazy to one of the girl group songs. Without a word Minho put his arm around Kibum's shoulders reassuringly and Jonghyun lifted their linked hands to Kibum's cheek with the back of his hand. He smiled thankfully at them and let himself be dragged up by Taemin, who had been called over by Minho, to join him and the widely grinning leader.

Kibum felt an incredible love towards s at that moment. They had cared and worried about him so much during one of the hardest periods of his life and he didn’t know how he would ever repay them. He decided that the best he could do was to have their backs unconditionally and make SHINee the best group there ever was. Kibum's mood raised a little and he let the beat take over his body as he started dancing and singing.

They didn’t feel any pressure to return to the dorm since they only had schedules in the evening the next day and ended up falling through the door when a new day had already started. Too tired to do much besides brushing their teeth and saying good night they fell onto their respective beds.

“You should change into your pj’s.” Kibum mumbled into his pillow to Taemin and Jinki who had also collapsed on their beds as soon as they touched them. Kibum knew they wouldn’t listen to him since he himself was still in his clothes.

However he forced himself to get up and did the same thing to the other two. They complained sleepily but did as they were told and soon the whole dorm went quiet as everyone fell asleep without much fuss.

Kibum woke up first the next morning, which was as well since he was the one on breakfast duty, and even though all he wanted to do was to go and curl up beside Jonghyun he decided against it. There were two people in that room and he didn’t want to be inconsiderate of Minho. Instead he busied himself with looking for recipes on scones and blueberry pancakes (to make for the other members as an inderect 'thank you') after having taken a shower and realised that he would have to go shopping for ingredients.

When he got back from the supermarket he went straight to the kitchen to start making breakfast now that he had all he needed, wanting to surprise the others. Jinki poked his head into the room when he heard the bustling inside.

“Is Jonghyun up?” he asked.

Kibum rolled his eyes. “How should I know? I just got back. Why?”

Jinki blinked at him. “Right. Nothing. Well, Minho and Taemin went out jogging but they’ll be back soon so you don’t have to start breakfast right away.”

Then he disappeared into the bathroom and Kibum heard the shower start. He nodded to himself and looked at the clock, deciding to go and wake Jonghyun if he was still asleep.

Of course he was. Kibum sighed and approached him.

“Jonghyun.” He murmured and put a hand on his shoulder. No reaction. He shook him slightly. “Jjong, I’m going to make breakfast. Get up.” He tried but gave up as Jonghyun still showed no response.

Kibum didn’t know of it was intentional or not but he was not going to coax him out of bed if he ignored him like that so he turned around to leave, a little put off.

Suddenly he felt himself fall backwards and it took him a moment to realise that it was because Jonghyun had grabbed the back of his shirt when he was about to make his way to the door. Kibum didn’t have the time to react until he was lying on his back in Jonghyun’s embrace. He tried to pull back but Jonghyun kept him firmly in place, still with closed eyes, and put his head on top of Kibum’s.

“You don’t have to make breakfast right now.” His voice was low and husky from sleep. It sent a small shiver down Kibum’s spine.

“But...” he tried to free himself again to no avail and then sighed. “Why do you have to be so strong?”

Kibum turned around in Jonghyun’s arms to face him. Jonghyun squinted one eye open to look at him.

“Staying?” he smirked.

Kibum smiled mischievously and hooked his leg around Jonghyun’s hip, making his eyes open wide and his breath hitch. Kibum’s smile grew wider and Jonghyun bit his lip.

“I guess.” He pursed his lips. “You should feel honoured. I don’t give this privilege to just anybody.”

Kibum grabbed the neck of Jonghyun’s t-shirt and pulled him closer with both hands and his leg, intending to . He felt Jonghyun stop breathing altogether and looked up at him a bit worriedly, trying very hard not to start laughing at the nervousness that was visible on his face.

“Kibum?” Jonghyun breathed and swallowed while he put his hand on Kibum’s hip.

Kibum pulled Jonghyun’s face even closer until their lips were mere millimetres apart, looking him straight in the eyes the whole time. He could almost see his own reflected back at him and suddenly all the desire to was gone. They didn’t move for a while and just looked at each other. Kibum felt that if he stared long enough he would be able to see Jonghyun’s soul and Jonghyun would be able to see his. His heart was near its exploding point and he suddenly found it hard to breathe. He would never have guessed he would love someone this much. He was ready to do anything for Jonghyun and it left him so vulnerable that it terrified him to no end.

“Why,” Kibum whispered and their lips barley brushed when he spoke, “do I love you so senselessly?”

Kibum saw something ignite inside Jonghyun’s eyes and the hand on his hip gripped harder as he leaned forward to press a soft, innocent kiss on Kibum’s lips.

“Right back at you.” He murmured when he pulled back.

Kibum’s smile became so big that he thought his face would burst.

The door opened just then, to both Kibum’s and Jonghyun’s great dissatisfaction.

“Hyung, I need-” Taemin entered and saw them on the bed. “Ohmygod!” he squeaked and scurried out of the room slamming the door behind him.

“I didn’t know you were there Key-hyung!” he called through the door. “I swear I didn’t see a thing! Please don’t kill me! I’ll come back later!”

They heard him run down the hall, probably to seek protection in the living room and whoever was there. Jonghyun chuckled.

“Oh God.” Kibum groaned and hid his burning face in Jonghyun’s chest.

He could feel the laughter vibrate through Jonghyun and smacked his arm.

“It isn’t a laughing matter!” he hissed. Jonghyun started to laugh straight out. “Fine! Be that way! I’m going to make breakfast now!”

He managed to roll out of Jonghyun’s arms and stand up before he felt a hand around his wrist holding him back.

He turned halfway and shot Jonghyun a burning look. “What?”

“Nothing.” Jonghyun’s smile was wide and goofy. “I love you.”

Kibum blushed even deeper but glared still while pursing his lips in thought. Then he bent down and put a smacker full on Jonghyun’s lips, making him let out a surprised sound. But when Jonghyun tried to pull him back down on the bed he danced out of the way and moved towards the door.

“You should get out of bed.” He called over his shoulder as he went through. “Otherwise I’m not making you breakfast, which you’ll certainly regret!”

“But I like cuddling with you!” Jonghyun groaned and rolled onto his back as Kibum closed the door, his cheeks turning hot again.

Breakfast was a slightly awkward affair since Taemin kept on blushing every time he would look at either Kibum or Jonghyun which in turn made Kibum blush and Jonghyun smile sheepishly. Of course this didn’t go unnoticed by the other two who probably had heard what had happened from Taemin and were trying not to laugh out loud, getting glares from Kibum's direction every now and then.

“I have a proposal to make.” Jinki said when everyone had finished eating, crossing his arms and sharing a glance with Minho. “And some new rules we have to set up.”

Kibum fidgeted nervously but Jonghyun just calmly leaned back in his chair.

“What?” Kibum asked.

Jinki and Minho looked at each other again and then the leader leaned forward, placing his crossed arms on the table.

“The proposal first then?” he asked no one in particular. “Minho?”

Minho cleared his throat.

“Well, we know you guys just got together but you’ve known each other for years so there’s probably no get to know each other better phase in your relationship, right?” he started, looking between Jonghyun and Kibum.

Jonghyun didn’t answer but gave him his full attention and neither did Kibum, although he found it hard to look at any of the other members. Minho took their silence as a ‘yes’.

“And we have all decided that we trust Jonghyun in his decision.” He continued, nodding at him. “So, Kibum?”

Kibum looked up at Minho, curiosity getting the better of him. “Yes?”

Minho smiled at him with a glint in his eye. “How would you like changing rooms with me?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Yeeeeaaah, so... I don't really know what to say... :/ I'm afraid this chapter was a bit of a bore, but yeah... I just want to get a closure on everything, showing how they move on after all the trouble, so that's why the last chapters might be slightly boring. However, I think there's only one chapter left if it works out the way I planned it, but once again, we'll see :P

And also, I now have two oneshot sequels planned as inspiration suddenly kicked in, haha :)

As always: I hope you enjoyed this chapter, also thank you to all of those who read this and have a great whatever time it is that you see this!! ^_^