ENGAGEMENT

Me and my Dragon

CHAPTER 92:

 

Months passes by, Bigbang have their comeback. They stayed in Japan for a couple of months with Gian. Chelle is not the cake girl anymore and a lot of people looked for her in the concert. She tried to appear in the concert but her schedules wont fit in. She just sends goodluck messages to the boys and say sorry for not attending in their concert. 
 
On the other hand, Chelle and Ilwoo lives together as a couple. A happy couple. Ilwoo always surprises his girlfriend and shower her with love. Chelle became close to Yuu. After the collaboration they always exchange texts, emails and tweets on each other. When Yuu's not busy, he fly to Seoul to visit Chelle. But Ilwoo is not really fond of the guy. For some reasons he don't trust Yuu and he's not at ease weh his around. 
 
As the invesagtion on her accident becomes clear, Chellle can't leave the house without Paul and Grayson or her boyfriend. Her doctor said her gain her lost memory soon. 
 
Meanwhile, Jiyong and Ashley always went to other country everytime the guy's not busy. They shop for furnitures, clothes and other things they needed to complete their home sweet home. After the incident happened in the restaurant, GD always make sure Ashley's safe before he leaves the girl alone in their house. 
 
The ex couples never had a change to see each other. They went to same work place but they didn't even bump into each other. They love separately and now happy in each other's relationship.
 
-------------------------
 
CHELLE's POV
 
It's been months now since Ilwoo and I became a couple and I'm telling you, everyday is the best day of my life. He always makes me drool in every surprises he pe prepared for me for our monthly celebration as a couple. This guy never runs out of ideas. He's so creative and very detailed. He always thinks of the best surprise ever. And as I lives each and everyday of my life, my love for him grows stronger and deeper.
 
I smile as I make my way to the kitchen. Ilwoo's cooking! I found Ilwoo in front of the sink washing his hands while on his right is a boiling delicious dish.
 
The guy is the good mood this morning that he doesn't notice me standing beside the counter of his work station. He's even humming and dancing. What a very cute chef! I decided to watch him for a while. How can this guy looks do handsome even with wearing his cooking apron on? I shake my head and smile at myself. An envelop on the table got my attention when I decided to walk towards him. Ilwoo's name is written on top of the envelop. I shrugged my shoulders and walk slowly towards Ilwoo. Maybe an invitation for some social event.
 
"Hmmm, smells nice!" I said as I hug him from the back.
 
"Aigoo, yeobo you scared me!" He said while turning to face me. "What smells nice? Me or the food I'm cooking?" He continued while tucking my hair behind my ears and give me a kiss on my forehead.
 
"Both!" I replied. "What's the envelop for, yeobo?" I ask curiously while pointing to the square shaped paper on the table.
 
"These?" He reached for the table without removing his hand around my waist. "It's an invitation for the annual Jung clan dinner. The whole clan gathers and have dinner together. It happens yearly. And this years gathering is very special." His eyes stare at me once again. The kind of stare that can melt your heart. 
 
"And why is that?"
 
"Because..." He pinched my nose firts making me giggles. "Because you're part of the family now and I want all of them to meet you."
 
"Really?" My eyes grew wide because of so much excitement and overwhelming.
 
"Yes! And they are all excited to meet you. Make sure your dancing shoes are ready for that night."
 
"Why? Do I need to dance ballet for them?"
 
Ilwoo laughs to what I said receiving a playful slap on his shoulder from me.
 
"No, yeobo! You're not going to dance ballet for them. It's been a family tradition that whenever there is an additional girl in the family, all the boys of the Jung clan will dance that girl."
 
"WHAAAAAT? Are you kidding me, yeobo?"
 
"Do I look like I'm kidding, yeobo?"
 
"Oh my God, Ilwoo!" I cover my mouth with my hand then a thought came to my mind. "Wait! Wait! Wait! You said Jung clan, right?" He nods. Meaning I'll see and have a chance to dance Rain oppa. He's a Jung!" I clasp my hands because of delight.
 
"Aish, yeobo! Rain hyung will not be there. Yes, he's a Jung but we're not related to each other." He said that makes me pout.
 
Ilwoo gives a quick peck on my pouting lips. I'm just messing with him. Of course I know they're not relatives, coz if they are I'm probably meet him by now. Ilwoo starts tickling me and the whole room filled with our laughter.
 
Ilwoo always leaves the house early and comes home late at night the following days. Paul and Grayson will drive me to work and takes me back home which is very unusual. Ilwoo always drive me to YGE before he went to his work and then fetch me to work before going home. Maybe his busy with work and for the annual event.
 
---------------------------
 
"Ready?" He said while closing the car door. "Relax yeobo. They won't bite. I won't leave you." I nod and both of us walks towards the big garden of a very big ancestral house of the Jung clan.
 
As the party goes on, I started to meet the family members although I don't memorize their names. I smile when a very handsome guy held his hands in front of me.
 
"Hi, sweetie. I'm Matthew Jung. I'm a doctor. Welcome to the family." 
 
Instead of shaking his hands, I stand up and give him a hug and a kiss on his both cheeks.
 
"Aigoo Ilwoo! I think your girlfriend likes me." He teases Ilwoo.
 
"Nice to see you Dr. Handsome. And thank you for the warm welcome." Minho appears beside Matthew. "What are you doing here, Mr. Grumpy?" 
 
"I'm invited, Ms. Stubborn. I'm part of the family before you. So don't looked surprise." He smiles.
 
The four of us shares one table, chatting and drinking and teasing each other of course. The music stops and Matthew stands up and grab the mic.
 
"It's the traditional dance now. Are you ready Chelle? This is going to be one tiring night for you. I hope Ilwoo warned you about the dance." Mathew said making the whole group laugh.
 
I nod and smile as I turn to Ilwoo. The Jung boys starts taking me to the dance floor one by one. I don't know but I feel something is different about the dance. The girls starts giving me a stem of flower before the boys takes my hand. I glance on our table to look for Ilwoo but he's no where to be found. Minho is holding a camera focus on me. What the heck is going on? My heart beats fast and my palms sweat as my whole body shakes when the music stops and the lights turned off. My eyes almost pops out when a big screen starts playing a video. A video of me and Ilwoo.
 
-------------------------------
 
ILWOO's POV
 
 
Having Chelle in my life is the best thing ever happen to me. I'm not a morning person, but when she came I'm always excited waking up every morning knowing that she's sleeping near me. I just want to clear things, yes we're a couple and live in the same house but we sleep in a separate rooms. I respect and love her to death and I'm sure she feels the same way that's why I don't want to disappoint her and do anything stupid.
 
I'm always in cloud nine and smile never leaves my face making my mom called me crazy.
 
"I think I am Umma." I laugh. "I'm crazy on her." I said one afternoon when my mom gave a suprise visit in my office.
 
"You're all over her."
 
"Can you blame me, Umma?" She shakes her head and smiles. "And I think your son here is going to get married in no time." 
 
"Who's getting married?" Both of us looks on the person who ask and found my dad standing on the door.
 
I waited for my dad to sit and face my parents. I know this is going to be a big news for them and I don't know if they'll agree or not.
 
"Ilwoo, speak. We're waiting." Appa said while looking at me.
 
"Appa, Umma I'm marrying Chelle." I said receiving a shocked face from my parents. "I know it's too soon and I'm still young. And I haven't serve the country yet but I want to own her legally."
 
Both my parents looked at each other and smiles.
 
"You're baby boy is really a grown up man now, yeobo." Appa said to Umma. "He's not your baby anymore." 
 
Mom and dad agreed and I'm glad they're happy for me. For us. I can't wait to break the news to Chelle and to the others but how? When? Where?
 
"Do it on the annual dinner." Mom said guessing what's running in my head. Moms knows best.
 
--------------------------
 
I know Chelle is wondering why our daily routine changes. Well, I have to keep her away from me for the mean time in order for me to make my surprise possible. When she's around I'm sure I'm going to get busted right away. She knows me well that she can easily tell if I'm lying or hiding something from her. I don't want to ruin this surprise and I want this to be a very memorable evening for her.
 
With the help of Minho and Matthew the proposal is already set and done. My mom and dad have been very supportive to me. They're the one who talks to the whole clan about what's gonna happen tonight. I received nonstop messages from the whole clan, congratulating me and wishing us the best. Everyone is excited while here I am rubbing my sweaty palms. We're just waiting for a few hours to begin the main event of the dinner. I hope she'll say yes.
 
When the Jung boys starts dancing Chelle, I make my way to the extended room to change my clothes. Minho and Matthew are all ready for the mission. They're also on the room giving me a hand and of course teasing me.
 
"Are you ready, Ilwoo? When you walk out that door say goodbye to your bachelor life." Matt said, teasing me. 
 
"Are you sure you want to ask that stubborn lady to marry you?" Minho butted in.
 
"Stop teasing me." I said and throw the pillow to the both of them. "You're not helping me. I'm nervous! What if she says no?"
 
"Ilwoo, she wont do that." Matthew walk towards me and fixed my bow tie. "She loves you I'm sure of that." He smiles gaining me more confidence.
 
"She's so clueless. I'm excited to see Ms. Stubborn's reaction later." Minho said while checking on his camera. "Goodluck, Ilwoo! See you outside."
 
Matthew followed Minho outside. This is it! It's now or never. Mom, Dad and Unnie enters the rooms and wish me goodluck. Before I went outside, I called Gian.
 
"Hi! Sorry I didn't mention this to you. I called because I want you to know what's going to happen tonight. I'll explain everything." I didn't wait for her to answer. I hand Minho my phone for her to watch what's going to happen.
 
I'm watching Chelle standing in the middle of the dance floor holding flowers courtesy of the Jung girls. She's so beautiful tonight and I'm going to make this night memorable for the both of us. 
 
The lights turned off and the big screen starts playing video of me and her. Videos I took behind WGM shooting, her sleeping, her playing with PP, her watching and reading. She didn't know that I'm taking a video of her secretly and I know by now she wants to pinch me. She's a well knowed artist around the globe now but she's still not use in front of the camera. She doesn't want the camera focus on her all the time. I don't know how she make her MV appearance, performances, interviews and show guesting's looks good in the camera where in reality she has this camera shy syndrome.
 
Matthew signal me and it's my cue to enter the scene when the video finished playing. I took a deep breath and walk slowly towards her as the white balloons starts falling down on us. The song I sang in her when we had a vacation in her province is now playing in the background. Our eyes met as I walk closer to her. Her shocked face and mouth open are picture perfect.
 
I stand in from of her and hand her the flowers.
 
"Hi!" I said shyly.
 
"What's this, yeobo?" She ask curiously.
 
Instead of answering her I take the heart shaped box she gave me in my pocket and hold her hand.
 
"Remember this? You said you're giving me your heart and you want me to take care of it." She nods as she starts to cry. "Whoooo!" I scream making everyone laugh. "This is tough. I'm so nervous. Hmmm, Chelle you know how much I love you. When I first saw you, I know in my heart that you're the one."
 
"Ilwoo." She whispers.
 
"And yes I want to take care of your heart for the rest of our life and I can't do it without these." Slowly I open the box and kneeled in front of her. "Chelle Lavapie, I Jung Ilwoo is asking you tonight in front of my whole family and clan. Will you marry me?" There I said it with shaking voice. 
 
Her tears falling nonstop in her eyes as she stares down at me. To my surprise she bend on her knees and cuffed my face with her both hands.
 
"Ilwoo, I don't need this expensive ring or any expensive things you can give me. You can just simply ask me Mr. Jung Ilwoo." She leans and kiss my forehead, down to my nose and both of my cheeks. "Jung Ilwoo, I Chelle Lavapie is accepting this proposal and will marry you." Then she kiss me gently and passionately in my lips.
 
Everyone cheered for us and we're almost catching our breathes when we breaks our lips. 
 
"You mean, it's a YES?" I just want to make sure and I want to hear it again.
 
"Yes! Yes! And yes!" She nods and that's it, I explode. I guided her to stand up and shower her with kisses. The next thing I know I'm swinging her around in the air.
 
"Yeobo, put me down." She said between giggles. "You have to put the ring in my finger." Everyone laughs. God! How can I forgot the ring? 
 
I put her down and reached for her left hand. We were both crying as I put the ring in her finger. Her reaction is priceless. The emotion and feelings we shared is extremely unexplainable. We're just HAPPY. Pure happiness to be exact.
 
"It's beautiful!" She said. 
 
"You deserves the best. I love you!" I said and rest my forehead to hers. 
 
"I love you more." She answered and give me a peck before she hug me so tight.
 
Dad, Minho, Matthew and the rest gives a thumbs up. We stayed hugging each other for I down know how long. A tap on my shoulder reminds me that we're still in the middle of the dance floor, watch by so many people.
 
"Hey! Stop with the cheezyness first." It's Matthew followed my Minho still holding the camera and my phone. "Hi, sweetie. Welcome to the family." I step aside and let Matthew give her a hug. "And excuse me Ilwoo, I still doesn't have the chance to dance her. So go to your chair again and watch me and your fiancée dance." 
 
"Hyung?" I whine and stomp my feet.
 
"It's okay, yeobo. Beside we can dance forever." Forever! Yah right, forever.
 
I let Matthew dance with Chelle. Umma hug me and Appa shakes my hand.
 
"Let's start planning the wedding my handsome brother." Unnie said.
 
"We have to go to her country and meet her family first to ask for her hand then we'll start the planning." I still have to follow her tradition.
 
Chelle put her hands around my arms. My mom was unstoppable that night. She likes her so much and she's very happy for having her as her daughter in law. The night was fun. It's so memorable for the both of us. I thank God that the whole clan accepted her with arms widely open. 
 
The two of us were unseprable the whole night. I really love this girl I'm glad she's mine. And I promise myself that I'm going to make her happy and will never ever break her heart.