Unpredictability

Why Did I Fall In Love With You?

A/N: Slightly longer chapter, I do apologize f this chapter seems a bit rushed. There were so many things to do at school and I couldn't squeeze this in. But, Christmas vacation's around the corner so hopefully I get the motivation to write more. Thank you for waiting and hopefully you enjoy this chapter. Please comment as well so that I may get to know your opinions! Thank you!


It was just the start of summer vacation and Heejin feels like giving up already. She, along with her parents, are on their third day of their week-long vacation at Jeju and she was bored to death. Nothing but sightseeing all day, plus she feels so out of place with her parents talking about business. Her parents run an advertising company and they just got a deal with a prominent client, so they were busy which was ironic because according to Heejin, they could have just canceled the trip if they were just going to talk about business again and again.

Someone get me out of here, she thought. Now that vacation started, she started to miss her life back at school. The tons of homework given, the professors,and most of all: her friends. Eunsung was also on vacation at Hong Kong with her family, Soohyuk joined a basketball sports clinic and Jiho was at Seoul since his grandparents from Busan came to visit. Lastly, Jaejoong was also at Seoul, busy with his training--

"Heejin?" Her mother called. "Is everything okay, sweetie?"

She gives her mother a puzzled look. "Why, Mom?"

"You haven't eaten anything yet," her mother replies, pointing to her untouched plate of food. "The hotel's buffet is closing soon so you have to eat something."

Heejin sighs and takes the fork and knife. Just a little more patience, Heejin.


"Hyung..." Changmin said, waving his hand over at Jaejoong, who was staring at the group of people entering the venue, particularly at the lady in the blue dress.

It really is her. The familiar spark in her eyes, graceful way of walking and the small smile she always wore around. Jaejoong couldn't believe it. Of all the instances that they would have to meet.

"Hyung!" Changmin's voice seemed a little loud, catching the attention of some of the waiters around. Jaejoong snaps out of his reverie and looks back at Changmin, who was thankful that he finally noticed him.

"Is.. Is something wrong, Changmin?" He asked.

The younger one crosses his arms over his chest, eyeing Jaejoong. "You just spaced out, looking at those people who just came in, that's why." Now it was Changmin's turn to look at the representatives of Son Communications, who occupied a cocktail table just a few tables across theirs.

"Wow that lady's really pretty." He murmured. Jaejoong looks at where he was looking and his heart skips a beat. Of all people that had to notice her, it has to be Changmin, who is considered as the Casanova of their group.

"I wonder if she--" He said and in that moment, Jaejoong elbows him. "What was that for, hyung?"

"I know her, you idiot." He replies. "Now look away before I drag you out of here."

Changmin scoffs. "I bet you're just mistaken, hyung."

"It's Heejin, Changmin. Son Heejin." He whispers.


When Heejin and her family came back from their trip, the first thing she did was to call Eunsung who came back two days ago from Hong Kong.

"How was the trip, Eunnie?" Heejin asked, her voice bright and cheerful.

"It was really fun there! Thankfully, Taejun didn't throw a tantrum and the four of us got matching shirts from Hong Kong! The trip was really, really fun!" Eunsung replied and Heejin felt a pang of jealousy over her best friend. 

Lucky Eunsung who has a younger brother. Lucky Eunsung who enjoyed her time at Hong Kong with her family, Heejin sighed. At least she was able to spend quality time with them.

"So how was your Jeju trip, Heejin?" 

What was she going to say, that she also had fun listening to her parents' business talks? "It was fun, too. The hotel food was great."

Eunsung started to ask more questions, but Heejin quickly changed the topic and asked if they could meet up the next day. 

"You know, the girl bonding day we had before vacation stared. So, are you game for it?" Eunsung agrees and they decided to meet up at 11 in the morning at the bus stop near their school. Finally, Heejin's vacation will be more bearable.


At the celebration, the two men were quietly bickering over the fact that Changmin had seen Heejin and Jaejoong wasn't saying a word about it.

"Well it wasn't my fault because you were too busy eating!" Jaejoong said.

"At least I wasn't staring at some pretty woman and not talking to her." The sharp-tongued Changmin replied.

Jaejoong suddenly thought of something: Why isn't he talking to he or just greeting her for that matter? They have known each other since high school and they kept in touch for the past days now; it was strange because none of them mentioned about this event. It just happened that both of them were invited and none knew about it, so now Jaejoong has the chance to finally meet her, to finally talk to her after all those days of phone talks.

But how? How was he going to approach her? He's the Kim Jaejoong of Dong Bang Shin Ki for pete's sake and he can't even approach her! 

"I got you there, hyung! I knew it, you're probably too chicken to approach her because you're too shy." Changmin . He glared at him and said (with his heart beating fast) that he was going to approach her and talk to her casually.

"Good luck with that." Changmin replied. As Jaejoong was on his way to the Son's table, someone called his name. He first looked at their table, but Heejin wasn't there and he was sure it was a woman's voice.

"Jaejoong! Kim Jaejoong!" He was definitely sure that he knows that voice and when he looked over to his side, it was Heejin who was calling him. For a few seconds, he felt everything stopped and everyone else was gone; it was just him and her.


"Vacation's really boring, Eunnie." Heejin complained. "No, actually it was the vacation at Jeju. You're so lucky that you have Taejun or a sibling." They ended up at a cafe after a tiring day out.

"Well, at least you're spending one day of vacation with me and there are more days to come, right?" Eunsung replied. During their "date", they talked about their plans on the next days: Eunsung was going to join a sports clinic and Heejin was thinking of getting a part-time job as a barista. They also talked about their other friends at school: Jiho, Soohyuk and Jaejoong.

"Speaking of Jaejoong... How is he? And, how are you guys, huh?" Eunseung leaned over the table, looking suspiciously at Heejin whose face was as red as a beet now.

"Actually, I haven't talked to him since we came back."

"Why?!" Eunsung half-shrieked. Being her friend for almost a year, Eunsung knew how Heejin felt for him (and his feelings for her) and this leaves her speechless.

"W-Well, he's training and all and I don't want to be a bother to him, something like that..." Heejin reasoned out. "But when we were at Jeju, he did call and said he was doing fine. That's it, I guess."

Eunsung nods and informs her that Soohyuk's birthday was coming up and he was inviting them to come over at his place. "Almost the whole class will go, you know Soohyuk. I'm sure he'll be there."

"You sure?" Heejin asked.

"You seemed nervous with that. Come on, Heejin, what happened to your confidence? It's going to be okay, trust me!" 

Heejin thinks about this, and finally, she smiles. "If you say so."


She approaches Jaejoong carefully, and he feels his heartbeat getting faster as she got closer to him. The blue dress she wore made her glow and her auburn hair fell in gentle waves, framing her small face. When she approached him, they shake hands.

"I can't believe I'd get to see you here!" She said, her voice bringing back the memories. Jaejoong never thought that he'd finally get to see her after all the years.

"I know, I can't believe it as well." He replied. After that, they slowly began to build up small talks about their everyday lives, just like what they do when they were on the phone. Heejin was still the same: talkative, bubbly and endearing. Everywhere she went she draws in the crowd, and maybe this was why Jaejoong was still drawn in to her. There was something in her personality that makes everyone want to be with her. 

As the event went on, he introduces Changmin to Heejin, and they immediately became "soul siblings", as how Changmin puts it. The two men were also introduced to other guests of the event, who were secretly their fans. It was really a good night.

"It's a good night!" Jaejoong says to Junsu over the phone. "Too bad you guys can't be here, the food's better here." He teased.

"Whatever, we're having pizza now!" Junsu replied. "Anyway, since you two are enjoying there, we'll just call you later. Bye!"

Several minutes after the call, they decide to call it a night. Their manager picks them up and they leave the event. It was then that Jaejoong realized that he hadn't said goodbye to Heejin. He quickly takes out his phone and sends her a message.

Hey~ sorry if I didn't get to say goodbye properly ㅠ_ㅠ anyway it was nice to see you~ hope you have a good night!

A couple of minutes later, his phone vibrates.

It's okay, no worries! Really nice to see you there and please tell Changmin he's really funny; hope you two have a good night! I'm also looking forward to see you more often, Jaejoongie ^^,

It was a really unpredictable night for the two, most especially for Jaejoong. Usually, he hated moments of uncertainty, but tonight was an exception. Ever since it happened, he began to see these moments in a different light.