Someday, Sometime

Why Did I Fall In Love With You?

"I'm Son Heejin." A short-haired girl introduced herself as he sat beside her during their first day of classes. "What's your name?"

He looked at her, completely shocked and afraid he might leave a bad impression without doing anything.

"I'm Kim Jaejoong." He finally said. She held out her hand.

"Nice to meet you, Jaejoong. I hope we become good friends." She smiled, and he took her hand and shook it.

At that time he had no idea what kind of rollercoaster ride he was about to experience.

They started off as the casual friends, exchanging hi's and hello's every time they cross paths. But as time passed by, the wall between them slowly collapsed. They became comfortable around each other, and he never thought it was possible, let alone falling for her.

They shared the same interests and hobbies, yet they had different aspirations.

"Singer?" She asked, one time they were eating lunch. "Why?"

He takes a sip off his drink and replies, "It's common nowadays, and I sorta wanna try it."

"I see."

"Well, why do you want to be a lawyer, huh?" He asks her.

She leans forward and says, "The world today, it's unfair to some people, and there needs to be someone or some people that will fix this imbalance." and starts explaining her thoughts. When she finished, he clapped his hands and wished her the best.

"Have you been on auditions or something?"

He nodded. Her eyes lit up as she intrigued him with questions about meeting artists and passing the auditions.

"The results aren't out yet, but hopefully I pass."

"Well you should pass! And if you did, we should celebrate!" She said, more excited than him. "You should and will tell me, okay?"

"Sure." He replied, and they went back to eating. I'll surely tell you. He thought, smiling at her.


In life, there are people that stay with you for a short time. Whether we like it or not, they come and go. But even if they're just the ordinary milkman or that friend who you can't seem to forget, you should treasure them, He writes on a sheet of paper, but eventually crumples it and throws it behind. 

It was just an ordinary day for him. Until he came across an old picture frame. He cleaned it and smiled to himself. It was a picture of him and Heejin during their graduation. He takes a moment to study their smiling faces. All of a sudden, he got a sheet of paper from his drawer, and this was how he ended up trying to write her a letter.

"Ouch!" Changmin shouts. "What was that for, hyung?"

"Shut up, I'm busy." Jaejoong replied, taking another sheet.

"What are you doing?" He replied, taking a peek at what his hyung was doing, then he realized the crumpled paper was lying idly on the floor. He took it and read it aloud.

"Changmin, I said shut up!" Jaejoong replied, trying to take the paper from Changmin, who was laughing.

"Man, you're not cool hyung. Not cool at all. What is this exactly?" He said, still laughing.

"It's something you shouldn't be messing around with."

"Well, if this is some new lyrics, then our song won't sell, I tell you." Somehow, Changmin always finds a way to "brighten" up his day. 

"Those aren't lyrics." Jaejoong said, snatching the paper away, and Changmin notices the picture frame on his table. He takes it and studies it.

"Who's this? She's really pretty. You look so ugly before, hyung." And it took him a few seconds to understand the situation.

"Oh! Don't tell me you're...?" Changmin started to laugh again. Jaejoong sighed. 

"What's going on here?" The other members went inside the room. Changmin told about it to the others while Jaejoong looked at the picture, memories flooding his thoughts.

As the other members played along and , and as Changmin proudly smiled in triumph, Jaejoong couldn't help but smile along.

Someday, sometime, I'll see you again, Son Heejin.