Just Want to be Home

Why Did I Fall In Love With You?

A/N: COMEBACK CHAPTER! Oh god, I missed writing. Sorry for the super lack of updates, but since the it's summer, here's a new chapter! It's slightly longer than the former chapters, though. Enjoy!


"How many weeks has it been?" Heejin asks herself as she slumped over her desk. She slowly lifted her head and stared at the desk beside her. The empty desk.

Four weeks. Four long and dreadful weeks without him. She wondered how it must have been training. Is it that challenging that he would skip classes, miss some important exams and "forget" his friends?

"What the heck am I thinking?" She whispered. "Of course he hasn't forgotten about us. Never."


"Hi, there! Um, it's me, again..." Jaejoong trailed, thinking of the perfect words.

"Hyung," Changmin peeked from the door. "That isn't good enough. Think of something else."

He shot a dark look at the terrorist, who was now trying hard not to laugh.

"Whatever, I'm just joking. Anyway, I'm cooking dinner for us, so you better talk to her before we eat. And I mean it." Changmin replies, heading out. "Hwaiting!"

He slightly laughs from Changmin's encouragement.

Now back to this... He stared back at his phone, wishing that somehow, she'd call him.


A few days after, she was surprised that Jaejoong came to classes. She quickly stood up from her chair and joined her other classmates to greet him. However, the eager smile she had on faded, seeing that he looked worse. He looked paler than the last time she saw him and his eyes clearly showed that he was really tired.

At classes, she couldn't help but steal a glance from him. Despite his efforts of staying up and paying attention to the discussion, he fails and falls asleep, then waking up again.

"Mr. Kim," the teacher calls, looking at his direction. She shakes her head in disbelief. He slowly stood up, nervous.

"Can you tell me when did the French Revolution start?"

1789. Heejin thought. She looked at him, but his eyes were fixed down, hoping he'd get an answer. Then, she takes a sheet of paper and writes "1789" on it and shoves it closer to him.

He notices the small paper n the corner of his eye. "1789." He answered.

"Correct. Welcome back, Mr. Kim." The teacher replied. He sighs and sits down. He peels off a paper from his notebook and writes something in it, and shoves it in Heejin's desk.

Thank you! :)

She stares at the paper for a good five seconds and writes something in return.

Can we talk later, after classes?


He spent the rest of the afternoon staring at his phone, waiting for it to light up. Each time it would light up, his heart beats faster, hopeful that it would be Heejin on the phone. But he sighs with disappointment when it wasn't here and just some texts from his friends. 

Finally, Jaejoong decides to call her With shaky fingers, and a nervous heart, he dials her number. He laughs quietly hearing that her ringback tone was one of her favorite songs way back when they were in high school.

He closes his eyes and bit his lower lip when the song ends and a familiar voice answers. "Hello?"

"Hee-Heejin?" He said, stuttering.

"Jaejoong, its you!" She replied, her voice as bright and cheerful as ever.


"You're gone for such a long time, you know." Heejin said when they met up near the basketball court after classes.

Instead of apologizing about it, Jaejoong just laughs. 

"What's so funny?" She replied, a bit irritated. She was dead worried for a long time, so she deserved to be mad, right?

"It's just that instead of asking how I am or what, you just told me abut my long absence. I didn't even a 'hello' or something." He shrugged.

"Hello! How are you?" She said in her most enthusiastic voice, but fails and ends up laughing. "Sorry about that. Anyway, how are you, for real?"

"Ah, it's really tiring," he admits. As much as he wanted to say that balancing everything (training, his jobs, being broke and school) was difficult, he kept quiet about it. He knows how worried she is, and she will be more worried if she knew about it. "I miss home, my parents, my sisters, home-cooked meals and school. I miss you guys... I just want to be home again."

Heejin opens , but nothing comes out. It wasn't the answer she was expecting from him.

"But I know that everything will be all worth it. This is my dream, and I should continue to pursue it."

He notices her silence and pats her on the shoulder. "No need for you to worry, I'm already here and I might be for the next few weeks. So, you'll get tired of seeing my face from now on." He adds, slightly messing up her hair.

"Hey, you!" She said, reaching for his head and messing up his hair. They end up laughing and she started recalling the previous events he missed during his absence. Her smile and laughter made it seem that he did miss out on a lot of things, but everything will be okay because he is at home now.


"I've been waiting for you to call. I thought you're bailing out on me!" She joked as their conversation got longer.

"You were?" Jaejoong said, and immediately regretted asking.

"Of course I do!" She replied. "It's not everyday that I get to talk to people from my high school."

They were talking for almost an hour now, and her level of enthusiasm hasn't been down. Not for one moment.

"Oh, by the way we'll be having a class reunion some time this month, have you heard of that?" She asked.

"Yeah," he replied. "Ji Ho messaged me yesterday, and I'm really excited about it."

"I'm currently on a business trip, but same here; I'm really really excited about seeing you guys again!" She replied, and then asked if she was bothering him.

"No. No you're not. Anyway so, how are you?" He asked. She started telling him about how tiring but fun her work is, how annoying her assistant is and how she started to appreciate caffeine after staying up until 4 in the morning.

"Honestly, it's just so crazy. But, not as crazy as your life, though." She joked.

"They are both crazy in general, so it's like we live the same lives." He replied, feeling more at ease with her.

"I guess you are right." Heejin replied. "But seriously, I miss home now."

And by home, he knew what it meant so he just smiled to himself, letting their conversation flow smoothly.