Don't Say a Word

Why Did I Fall In Love With You?

A/N: Finally an update from me! The bits of lyrics are from Nell's "부서진 입가에 머물다". Here's the audio, you may listen to it while you read.

P.S. Nell's a really awesome band and they have really meaningful songs! More of Nell's songs will appear in this story as well.


I'm tired. I'm really, really tired, Jaejoong sighs as he scribbles the words on a scratch paper.

He always thought that going back to school while training was a good idea since if he skipped classes, he might fail. But his situation was no different and despite drinking coffee every morning, it was not enough to keep him awake.

Another reason why he decided to go back was because of Heejin. Somehow, not seeing her everyday was a pain for him; her voice and smile was more effective than caffeine to keep him up.

"Hey..." He awoke when he felt someone poking his arm. Turns out it was no other than Heejin. "You look really tired. Do you want to sleep at the clinic?"

The thought of sleeping seemed okay for him, but it meant that he had to skip classes again, more schoolworks to follow and such. He sat up and crumpled the sheet of paper.

"I'm okay." He smiled and looked at her, hoping that it was enough to convince her.

아무 말 말아줘
Please don't say a word

She looks back at him, thinking of something to say. But a voice at the back of her head tells her that it's okay to be quiet. That it's okay to just look at him and smile back because there are some situations where words are not needed, just the eye contact..

And she believes that now was the perfect example of that situation.

수많은 말로 날 위로 안 해도 돼
You don't have to comfort me with words


"Hey, can I tell you something?" Heejin asks over the phone. It was a little over 11 in the evening and TVXQ just finished their schedule and are now going to sleep, except Jaejoong, who was very much awake talking to her. 

"Anything." He smiled.

"I'm tired." She let out a deep breath. "I'm really, really tired."

He laughs, then quickly shuts up realizing that s are already asleep "Shouldn't you be sleeping if you're tired?"

"I know, but I'll end up having more work to do." She replied, and it immediately reminded him of his situation years ago. Tired, but unable to rest.

이 세상이 너무 벅찬 걸
this world is too too much 


When classes ended and everyone else had left, Jaejoong sighed and rested his head on the table, thanking that classes finally finished, and his work at the construction site would follow.

"I'll just sleep for 10 minutes then I'm going." He said. 

"Going to training already?" He heard a soft voice coming from his side. He looks up and finds Heejin sitting beside him, a worried look on her face.

"Yes." He lied. Until now, no one knew about the crazy jobs he had, and he doesn't plan on telling anybody about it. What would his classmates think about him if they knew? That he was just a 15-year old boy who can't even manage 3 meals a day? That his family, who has no idea about the risks he were taking, was too irresponsible to look after him? At that time, he felt very worthless. Worthless of his family, who called every night to check on him. Worthless of his friends who always cheered him on. Lastly, worthless of Heejin's attention and friendship; she deserves someone better. Someone who doesn't leave her and come back all of a sudden. Someone who will take care of her, not someone she always took care of.

난 많이 모자라고 부족해서 
I’m very unworthy and insufficient

Heejin wasn't able to say anything after that. As much as she wanted him to take a break, she couldn't because it felt like she was holding him back. It was his dream to be a singer, after all, so the only thing she could do was to look at him sleeping. What else can she do? 

널 채울 수가 없어
I can't fill you up

Jaejoong woke up exactly ten minutes after and was surprised to see Heejin still beside him, reading.

"Wh-What are you still doing here?" He asked.

She closed her book and placed it in her bag. "Waiting for you."

"But I'm already leaving." He replied, fixing his things.

"I know," was her only reply. 

It wasn't his intention to leave; he wanted to stay there for a while, just him and her. But it couldn't be that way. So, bidding her a good afternoon, he slowly walked away.

Until he felt a light tug at the back of his uniform. He turned around and a pair of arms were wrapped around his torso. Although he was surprised at the sudden contact, he smiles, closes his eyes and pulls her closer, wrapping his arms around her shoulders.

이런 날 안아줘
Embrace me

"You'll be okay, right?" She says, her face buried in his arms. He doesn't reply and just leans his head on her shoulders, thanking the gods above for this moment. It was the perfect moment where no words can be spoken, no one to disturb them.

아무 말 말아줘
Please don't say a word

천마디 말보단
Instead of a thousand words

기대 쉴 수 있는 어깨를 내게 줘
Give me a shoulder I can lean and rest on


"...And that is why you shouldn't drink coffee all the time." Jaejoong ends his lecture on eating healthy to avoid fatigue.

"Says the guy who used to drinks coffee all the time at school." She replies, then laughs.

"Anyway," Heejin says, yawning. "You better sleep now. I'll sleep later."

"No."

"What do you mean, 'no'?" She asks.

"I mean, sleep as well." He clears his throat. 

He heard her sigh, and the soft music of Schubert in the background. "Okay, I'll sleep as well."

"I knew you'd sleep sooner." He replied, smugly.

They hang up a few minutes later. As much as she wanted to finish the paperwork she needed for tomorrow, she decided to call it a day. After organizing the papers on her cabinet, she glances at her phone, smiling.

이젠 다 익숙해
I'm used to everything now