Meeting Again

Less Than Perfect

"Oh my god Jieun, why did you...where...when..." she grabbed me into a back-breaking hug, and I just stood there, confused. "Jieun you-I-oh my god I missed you so much," she started to bawl. I looked at Yoseob with a panicked expression, and he sighed.

"Uh...Noona...can...can we leave?" he asked, startling me.

"Leave!? Are you joking me!? We finally see Jieun after how many years, and you want to leave!? You don't even look excited to see her!" she glared at him through sobs. 

"I'm not..." he mumbled under his breath, barely audibly. 

"Uh, who are you again?" I glanced at "Noona", who was still clinging to me. "I think I should leave, Yoseob obviously doesn't want me here," I said, fighting the painful lump in my throat. 

"You...you don't remember me?" Noona instantly dropped me from her hug and stepped back. "You only remember Yoseob?" her tears started falling again, but silently this time. 

"Noona, let's go..." Yoseob tugged at her arm, not making eye contact with me.

"Wa-wait," I said. Yoseob looked up expectantly. "J...Jenny unni?" His jaw dropped. 

"You remember!?" he screeched. 

"Jieun, I knew you wouldn't forget me!" her sobs started again. "It's been years, I thought you were dead." 

"Hah, uh yeah," I said awkwardly. Her name came to me, but I couldn't remember anything else.

"Uh Noona, there's something I need to tell you," Yoseob interrupted. 

"Can it wait!? My Jieunnie is here!" she waved him off.

"No, Noona, it's really important..."

Finally, she succumbed, "What then!?"

"Jieun has amnesia."

"Wha...what?"