Nothing can ruin this day.

Less Than Perfect

Yoseob's hug lingered even after he had dropped me off at home. I ran upstairs into my room with the biggest smile on my face. "AHHHHUJBXCVHJF," I screamed. I flopped onto my bed, "Nothing can ruin this day." A sigh escaped from my mouth, still plastered into a smile, and I fell asleep.

I woke up and smiled again at the dark night sky outside my window. I skipped downstairs to grab a snack, when I heard my parents' voices. That's weird, what are they doing awake... I checked the time on my phone, 2:00? Huh. I hid behind the door to listen to what they were whispering about.

"She needs to know!" my mom's hushed voice had urgency and a sharp note. It sounded like she had been crying.

"She doesn't remember anything! Just let her think we're her real parents! What she doesn't know won't hurt her! All telling her will do is confuse her and stress her out! She's a teenager, she's already confused and conflicted! We have forever to tell her!" my jaw dropped. Real...parents? 

"But it's better than keeping a secret like this! What if she hates us for not telling her!? What'll you do then, huh!?" my mom's whisper crescendoed into a soft yell.

"We'll deal with it then! It's just adoption, not like we murdered anyone! Please just-" I stumbled into the room, cutting my dad off mid-sentence. 

"...what. What are you guys talking about," both of their eyes widened. 

"Honey, we can explain. How much did you hear," my dad tried to calm me. Tears were b on my eyes, and my mom started to sob out loud. 

"Please for-forgive us," she sputtered. " I wanted you to ha-have a normal life, and I th-thought that it'd be better, be-better for yo-you, and better fo-for us," she gasped in between sobs. My dad rubbed her back and shushed her. 

"Jiyoon-ah, please," he looked at me with pained eyes. "I hope you believe us when we tell you that we did it because we care about you," he reached out and my hair. I couldn't move an inch. 

"S-sorry, I need a minute, I'll be back," I managed to spit out before grabbing my coat that was slung over a chair and running out the door. I sprinted as hard as I could, taking random turns until I was completely lost. I panted, completely out of breath. Tears streamed down my face and ugly sobs escaped my lips. I kept walking, not quite sure where I was going, but the feeling was familiar. So basically...I'm adopted. How is that even possible!? I don't remember a thing. I found myself at a playground, so I sat down at the top of a yellow slide. There were two side-by-side, and it gave me a familiar pang. That's weird, I've never been here before. I felt a hand on my shoulder and  immediately stiffened up. 

"What is a pretty girl like you doing out here alone?"

 

 

Yayyyy! Double update because I don't want to study<3