Me?

Less Than Perfect

 

*BEEP BEEP BEEP* 
I groggily rubbed at my eyes and groaned. My hand reached out, trying to find my alarm clock. It d at everything on my nightstand, noisily knocking things to the ground. I groaned again and squinted my eyes open to find the stupid thing-still wailing, not to mention. My hand forcefully slammed into the button causing the noise to shut off. "Finally," I sighed. I lazily swung my legs off of the bed, preparing myself for the day. I stumbled to the bathroom, avoiding the mirror, and quickly jumped into the freezing cold shower. My eyes shot open immediately, and I was completely awake. I washed my hair quickly after turning the hot water on and stepped out of the steaming chamber. After drying myself off and carefully selecting my outfit for the day, Iwalked back into the bathroom. My whole routine was automatic now-I could do it in my sleep. Foundation, check. Eyeliner, check. Mascara, check. I let out a sound of annoyance as I studied my eyeliner. "I can never get them tolook the same!" I fumed as I rubbed a Q-tip around my eye, "Whatever, good enough,". I jumped down the stairs into the kitchen where I was greeted by my mom.
 
"Here's breakfast and lunch money," she handed me a plate and a 10 dollar bill. I nodded in response as I stuffed the slice of toast into my mouth and pocketed the money. I slung my backpack over my shoulder and waved goodbye to my mom. 
 
"Jinae!" I called to a girl who was a little bit ahead of me. 
 
"Ahh Jiyoon!" she beamed as she bounced towards me. "Did you hear?" she smirked.
 
"...hear what?" Jinae was always "in" on all the gossip in our school, whereas I really couldn't care less.
 
"About the new transfer student! He's supposed to be really hot..." she giggled. 
 
I rolled my eyes, "Another one? We've had like 5 already!". 
 
"I don't know his name but hes in our grade and he's like a singer and he dances and..." Jinae continued, not even hearing me. I tuned her out and we walked the rest of the way to school. We each took our seats and the teacher walked in, as if on cue. Following behind him was a short boy with his head down, and Jinae shot me an excited smile. 
 
"Good morning, this is your new classmate, Yang Yoseob. He is a transfer student from Cube High School, so please make him feel welcome," Mr. Song said unenthusiastically. The boy raised his head and girls' heads snapped up from all over the room. I had to admit...he WAS pretty cute. "Just take a seat wherever." Mr. Song yawned. Yoseob scanned the room and all the girls shifted noticeably in their seats while batting their eyelashes. His gaze caught mine and his face lit up. He smiled at me, flashing his dimples, and started walking straight towards me.