Chivalry Isn't Dead

Less Than Perfect

"I'm so sick of it," Yoseob ranted. "She does this all the time, to everyone I know. Jieun, I'm so sorry for what she said. Please don't be upset."

"I'm not," I forced a smile. I had stopped crying before he came, but my eyes were still red and puffy. 

"But you are..." he mumbled. "Let me make it up to you. It was my fault for making you upset, so I'll make it better! Should we go to the Han River?" 

"Good idea," Unni beamed. "It's so pretty, especially around now."

"You guys really don't have to do all of this for me," I said, feeling bad.

"Psh, it's not just for you! It'll be fun!" Unni joked. "Let's go! I'll take my own car, you guys go on ahead. I have somewhere to stop by."

"Okay, we'll see you there!" Yoseob waved, as he dragged me out of the door. Unni followed close behind, and she shuffled up to my ear.

"There's no one like your Unni. You're welcome," she whispered, so quiet, it was almost silent.

 

It was awkwardly quiet in the car, so Yoseob the music. You, by the group BEAST came on, and he sang along softly. 

I'm gonna make you love me,

Neol saranghandago,

Nan niga isseo haengbokhae,

Neol wiehan norael buleo.

"Your voice is really good," I noted.

I saw a smile flash on his face before he replied, "You used to tell me that all the time."

"Oh, did I? Well it's true," I wasn't sure how to feel-whenever they talked about Jieun, it was like they were talking about a whole different person. I couldn't remember a single thing about my past, and I don't think I was ever going to. 

"I missed you a lot," Yoseob pulled into a parking spot near the Han River. 

"Yeah, I guess we were pretty good friends back then."

"Uh, yeah, we were." He had a hesitant look on his face, like he needed to tell me something.

"Is something wrong?" My phone vibrated in my pocket, so I grabbed it out to see a text from Jenny Unni. 

Tell Yangyo that I can't make it because I have a movie that I need to watch. You're welcome;) I now knew the answer to my question to her-no, she doesn't like him. A small smile appeared on my face, and I silently thanked her.

"Unni says she can't-"

Yoseob cut me off. "Will you go out with me?" 

"Wh-what?" my eyes widened at the unexpected question.

"Wait, what were you saying?" he tried to change the subject. 

"Just that Unni can't make it..."

"Oh. That's okay..." he trailed off. 

Looking at him expectantly, I asked, "So what did you say?"

"It's nothing..."

"Oh." I deflated. 

"Um, yeah, should we go?" he pointed at the bridge. We were still in the car, I just noticed. 

"Sure." the atmosphere was extremely awkward, and we walked about two feet away from each other. 

"Will you go you with me?" Yoseob sighed after about 10 minuted of silence, startling me. "Like...like a date?"

I nodded quickly, with a huge smile. "Yeah." 

"Thanks," he nodded, a smile creeping into his face too. "I know this really nice place-you'll see. Is tomorrow evening okay?" 

"Yeah, it's perfect." 

"Good," he nodded. 

 

We arrived at my house, and I turned to him. "Thanks for the ride, I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah-wait, hold on." Yoseob got out of the car and walked around to my side, where he opened my door. "There you go."

"Awwh, thanks," I blushed. 

"I'll pick you up at 7!" he gave me an eye smile and got back into his car.