Oh...THAT'S Why.

Less Than Perfect

Yoseob walked towards me, closer and closer each second. I glanced around-maybe he was trying to get to another spot? Finally he was hovering right above me the seat next to me. "Can I sit here?" he smiled. His voice. Omfg. I nodded in reply because I knew my voice would fail me. My heartbeat was so loud, pounding against my throat, I swear he heard it. Almost every girl in the classroom was shooting daggers at me, but I could honestly care less. It was so hard to focus on the lesson with him next to me. Just breathe normally, don't scare the cute guy off. 

DING, DING, DING

Finally the class period ended. It seemed like the longest 45 minutes of my life. I packed up my textbook and slipped it into my backpack when I felt a warm hand on my shoulder. My breathing hitched in my throat. BREATHE! 

"Uh...Jieun?" Yoseob's melodious voice rang in my ears. 

"...huh?" I gave him a confused look. "Jieun? Who's Jieun?"

"O-oh..." his eyes widened. "Sorry...I guess I had the wrong person!" he scratched his head. "You look just like this person I used to know," he laughed awkwardly.

"...that's okay," I sighed inwardly. YOU'RE SO STUPID OMFG WHY WOULD A BEAUTIFUL HUMAN LIKE THAT WANT TO TALK TO YOU FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN THAT OH MY GOSH! "My name's Park Jiyoon," I forced a smile. 

"Yang Yoseob!" he smiled at me, crinkling his eyes. He held out his hand and I shook it. "Do you know where room 5700 is?" his long fingers gestured to the schedule on his desk. 

"Do you have Ms. Kim next?" I asked, hearing the familiar room number. 

Yoseob nodded, "Yeah! Please say you do too,". His cheeky grin practically melted me. 

"Y-yeah I do," I blushed and cleared my throat.

"Well let's go!" he cheered. 

We made small talk on the way, and I found out that we had a lot in common. I had this small nagging feeling in the back of my head that told me that I had known this kid before, but I'd probably remember if I knew a boy like this.