Chapter 4

The Chaser

 

            It was 5 PM, and yet the young boy from the plane ride still didn't exit his hotel room. A lot had happened in the time slot of two hours, and the teenager slumped against the wall across from the window knew that those simple hours would change his present and future life forever.
 
            In the beginning of the two hours, he had to admit, he had never been so confused and in denial in his whole 17 years, but after a while, all the pieces had started to form together to create the ultimate puzzle.
 
            Flashback.
 
            Sungjong inhaled deeply as he gathered all of his courage. Now was the time to act, especially when the pilot had just shut off the seatbelt sign once the minor turbulence was cleared.
 
            "I need to go to the bathroom." he said, turning to look at his captor whilst his body involuntarily tensed,  causing a shooting pain to race up from the bottom of his neck into the back of his head and making a low groan echo from his lips as he shut his eyes to focus on relieving the pain mentally. Ugh, my head still hurts even after taking those Advil, he thought to himself as he grew a bit light-headed with the uncomfortable sensation in his skull.
 
            "Best I can do." the handsome man said carelessly while handing him an empty water bottle, and the teenager gave him a desperate and pleading look, never mind the curses cascading through his thoughts due to the bottle moment.
 
            Taking one look at that sad and begging face of the young man he loved and adored so much, he couldn't keep up his villainous act for long, and in the next thirty seconds was up and allowing the maknae to pass by.
 
 
            There, in the bathroom, was where the craziness began. When they had got in reach of a signal zone, seeing as they were nearing their destination (ahead of schedule), he had felt the familiar vibration tone of a new text message coming in, and now was the chance to see who it was from and dial for help from the situation he was in.
 
            However, he wasn't even given enough time to open his inbox before there was a knock on the bathroom door and he sighed inwardly, assuming it was another passenger tired of waiting.
 
            He was wrong.
 
            His cries being muffled by a familiar hand, the figure pushed Sungjong back in before closing and locking the door again behind them.
 
            "What were you doing?"
 
            "Going to the bathroom.."
 
            "With your cell?"
 
            "It was in my pocket."
 
            "Funny, how your phone was in your pocket in your little story when it's actually in your hand with the digits 112* dialed into your call field." the man glared, and the teen was silent, mouth slightly agape in fear, but he quickly shut it and was about to hide his phone when it was harshly taken from his grasp and shoved down the handsome captor's pants. "Now you can't get it."
 
            Though it was weird, in the younger's opinion, the teen was tempted to go down diving for his lost phone but thought better of it. Better not act on his feelings for the guy.
 
            Yes, he liked Myungsoo. Maybe a little more than that.. but that was beside the point.
 
            I have a boyfriend, he thought to himself, I would never hurt Gyu-hyung by cheating on him like that. Right?
 
            Flashback end.
 
            The young boy stood from his position of leaning on the wall and slowly made his way to the window, deep in thought. When had my outlook on the guy change... Ah, I know when.
 
~*~
 
            Flashback.
 
            "So what you're telling me is that Sunggyu, my lover, is a trained soldier from the army who is completely immature and is only dating me for my wealth, that and in order to hurt you. Is that right?"
 
            Myungsoo nodded with a desperate gaze, biting his lower lip as he leaned forward waiting for the other's answer.
 
            Right at the moment, they were sitting in a large taxi heading towards a hotel (Myungsoo refused to have Sungjong go back to Sunggyu  until his plans were complete) and the maknae was staring in focus out the window, eyes clouded with concentration.
 
            "The childish bit I believe you on. The other stuff I don't. Kim is a very popular and common name."
 
            Myungsoo tried horribly to not scream in frusteration and shake the boy's frame until the younger came to his senses about the truth. "The only thing Kim Sunggyu knows how to do, Sungjong, is hurt people. You could say he was a contributor to the block of men who left the army with a few bolts unscrewed-"
 
            "My Sunggyu is not insane!" the younger defended with a cold look, and the other grimaced and looked at the floor of the cab.
 
            "The point is, I don't want to see you hurt anymore than you already will be."
 
            "What's that supposed to mean?"
 
            "In time you'll know, but I'm afraid that when that time comes.. it'll be too late. Just know that even though I treated you viciously on the plane and threatened my b- your lover, beneath it all I was doing it to protect you. I never meant to cause you physical or emotional pain."
 
            "Says the guy who rammed his head into mine and caused me to black out.." muttered the teen as he gazed back out at the window, giving Myungsoo the chance to lift his head and study the other. Longing echoed throughout his body, in every single organ, in his mind, his heart, his lungs. He needed Sungjong more than anyone knew. Sungjong was his oxygen to breathe, his nutrition, his sunshine, his life. Without Sungjong, he might as well be 10 feet under.
 
            "Please.. I know that it's hard for you to forgive now, but if there ever comes a day when you can understand my point of view after you learn the information.. Please come to me.. Please don't hate me."
 
            The younger blinked in surprise and slowly turned his head to match eyesight with the older and his heart clenched when he saw that the other's head was turned down and small transparent water droplets were gently dripping off of his face, and a power much stronger than any other he had felt before (or at least he had thought he hadn't felt before) overtook him, and before he knew it.
 
            Bam.
 
            His lips were connected with Myungsoo's in a passionate, understanding kiss that seemed to only last for mere milliseconds to both beings but was actually standing a time of 6 minutes.
 
            "I forgive you. I just won't forgive you're remark about my Sunggyu."
 
            The older couldn't help but smile and nod in acceptance, turning his head away to lean his chin on his folded arms and gaze out of the window with a victorious expression. In that one kiss, he could tell Sungjong loved him. In that one kiss, he could tell that Sungjong's feelings for him were more powerful than what Jongie perhaps had ever felt for his older brother.
 
            Maybe.. Just maybe.. He would get the love of his life back in his arms, for good this time.
 
~*~
 
            Sungjong sighed softly as he traced patterns in the slightly dusty window sill of the room before moving away from  that wall and walking to the bed, sitting at the edge of the soft cushiony furniture and resting his elbows on his knees, his chin sitting in his upraised palms  as he gazed at one of the paintings hanging in the room near the door. What were his feelings  for his captor? Was he really staying here against his will any more? He could have easily found a way out from the balcony or slammed a bottle over Myungsoo's head and ran out of the hotel, but what had kept him here?
 
            The feeling of obligation to stay here?
 
            Or was it a feeling of dread, that if he left he may never find a way back here again, where he'll be able to spend time with the other?
 
            In all honesty, back in that dark time when he was hit by that speeding car, Sungjong knew the truth all along, but had kept it hidden and had lied to the love of his life by pretending he didn't recognize or know him. He knew Sunggyu would come after him, and though it broke his heart to see Myungsoo so agonized by the relationship Sungjong had formed with his older brother, he couldn't turn back and flee. He couldn't say anything about it, because then he would be in danger.
 
            He would be in danger of the very same thing he was dating and he had claimed to love.
 
            When the doctor had come into his room that first day and told him that he would be released that evening and that all the results were fine, no such trauma, Sungjong had pleaded with the doctor to give him some sort of nerve-calming medication just this once and to make it seem like he was going into surgery. He told him that he was scared to see his family, when he was actually frightened to see Myungsoo.
 
            You see, rumours had been going around the school that the maknae attended with his lover. Rumours that Myungsoo was cheating on him with one of the pretty cheerleading girls and that he had even slept over at her house several times, and a lot of the students there who liked Sungjong would throw him sympathetic or worried glances, and that just fueled the fire in his heart.
 
            He experienced jealousy.
 
            He experienced anger.
 
            But above all, he experienced hurt, because he believed even in the recesses of his mind that Myungsoo, his beloved Myungie, loved this girl more than him. And he was determined to make his beloved happy. So he faked his own amnesia and left his boyfriend that way.
 
            Sungjong cried softly as he buried his face in his hands, his entire body shaking and convulsing as emotion after emotion spilled through every crevice and pore of his being, finally being unleashed after two years of being bottled up. He loved Myungsoo, more than anyone could possibly imagine, more than even the older himself could imagine.
 
            But he couldn't be with him.
 
            Because Sunggyu would kill him.
 
            Because Sunggyu would kill both of them.
 
            "Do you mean it?" a voice suddenly interrupted Sungjong's crying fit, and the boy looked up with red splotchy eyes and a red and white patched face to see the subject of his emotions standing before him, just three feet away, with his eyes wide but turning warm and calm, his arms loosening from their crossed position over his chest, and he came towards the younger. I didn't even know I was talking out loud.. "Do you mean it when you say you still love me?"
 
            "You're not angry that I lied?" the other cried again, shaking, and Myungsoo chuckled and pulled him into a loving and protective embrace.
 
            "I'll admit, I'm not too happy about it, but I'm glad that you've finally exploded. It's not good to bottle up emotions. I'm just relieved that you exploded here, and not with Sunggyu. I'm pretty sure if that had happened I wouldn't be able to see you again." the brother of the wretched eldest Kim murmured as his eyes clouded with hate and he kissed the top of Sungjong's head. "But you need to do something for me."
 
            "W-What?" Sungjong asked as he looked over at the other, and the older smiled warmly.
 
            "Say it."
 
            "I love you."
 
            "I love you too, Jongie."
 
            And for the second time that day, they shared a passionate kiss, this time expressing their longing and love for each other, and the want and need they shared for one another due to such a long time of being apart. It was bliss, and neither one felt that they could be any happier as they sat in each other's arms, lost in one another and enjoying the other's proximity, warmth, and care.
 
 
A/N: Yay! Happy ending! I'm sorry for taking that plot twist and telling you about Sungjong's good acting skills concerning the past, but I just couldn't take the no-Myungjong-ness any longer. It was driving me mad. So hopefully you guys aren't too upset at me about that, and if that was confusing at all to you, again I apologize, it's 1 AM here. XD Anyway, let me know what you guys think, and I wonder what's going to happen next. -fail- I only have a very faint idea of what's going to occur. ><