Chapter 1

The Chaser

 

            "Those planning on departing from Tokyo tonight, please move ahead to Gate 6 for passport check. Thank you," a voice, seeming to be from a young woman with a dialect brought from another country echoed throughout the large airport made up entirely of glass and white marble.
 
            A young man, along with hundreds of others, walked along the creme linoleum flooring with his head down while focusing on the screen of his phone, typing in a message to someone probably very important. This young man, with black silky-smooth hair reaching just passed the bottom of his neck, was very infamous throughout all the nations of the planet (at least, those with the entertainment mark) and he definitely dressed the part; white pants, a black collared shirt with an ivory vest as a layering item and ebony dress shoes. The accessory? A stark blank feather attached to a long silver chain around his neck.
 
            His name was Lee Sungjong, and he was well known for his status as the manager of the high-end entertainment industry, Infinite Talents.
Making his way to the passport check, Sungjong began to think over the past year of his life. He was still in high school (receiving his studies from a tutor while he was abroad) and he had already been more successful than even the most experienced actors when it came to a cash amount. One billion South Korean Won would be the equivalent of $94,029 dollars in American capital. He should have been making less, honestly, but alas, his boss (the owner of Infinite Talents) just loved to spoil his workers endlessly, but more specifically Sungjong (which, in all actuality, he probably shouldn't be complaining about, but come on - Sunggyu was picking favorites among his workers. That just wasn't cool).
 
            Suddenly, there was a harsh vibrating sound as well as an obnoxious old telephone ring tone that was slowly picking up speed and volume the longer he didn't answer it. His lover had created the tone, saying 'it will force you to pick up just to stop it from being so irritating'.
 
            Nice job, hyung.
 
            "..." that was sungjong's preoccupied answer over the device as he rushed towards the slowly growing line of impatient airport clients. Well, that, and his laboured breaths from walking so fast.
 
            "Now all I'm waiting for is you my name," the caller on the other end joked after a moment's silence, and Sungjong rolled his eyes at the 'unusual' moment of Sunggyu being a complete ert, but he couldn't help the small smile also growing on his lips due to the tease.
 
            "You wish," Sungjong chuckled breathlessly as he stopped to fix his luggage, which had started to topple over seeing as it was all stacked one on top of the other.
 
            "But seriously now," the older cleared his throat "when are you going to be here, Jongie?"
 
            Sungjong sighed inwardly. On the outside, Sunggyu may seem calm, collected, and mature according to his age, but once you got to know him, you'll learn that he's actually quite impatient, clingy, and has a hateful relationship with neglect. And at the moment, Sunggyu and neglection were trying to kill one another. 
 
            Because of all the meetings and late hours Sungjong has had to go through, they haven't been spending a whole lot of time together like they used to in the good old days, and guilt began to gnaw at the highly-successful teenager's heart. "I'm sorry."
 
            "You should be," the older sniffed while pretending to be mad, but after picturing his lover's cute pouting face on the other end, he quickly made the mood cheerful again. "I'm excited to see you."
 
            "Me too, hyung, but I need to go. I'll see you tomorrow, bye!"
 
            "Wait, Sungjong!"
 
            "What?"
 
            ... "Love you."
 
            "Love you too, hyung," Sungjong blushed and smiled.
 
            Then, the call was ended with the touch of a button and the young one was back at shifting from foot to foot anxiously while waiting for him to be called to the front desk at the head of the long line.
 
            "Excuse me," an older man, perhaps in his fifties or sixties but still looking good for his age, called to one of the employees at the front desk, and a plump woman with her hair in a bun and her expression betraying how exhausted she truly was walked up with a fake smile.
 
            "Yes?"
 
            "Is there any possible way you could hurry up! How long does it take to read a piece of paper and enter a few simple numbers into a computer?!"
 
            "Please sir, I know you're upset-"
 
            "Oh, you do? Good, then you'll understand when I say get me your boss. This is unbelievable."
 
            You're unbelievable, Sungjong thought to himself before he piped up. "Please sir," he said while looking up at the man before turning to the woman with empathy while continuing to speak to the male, "she's trying her best."
 
            "I don't think I was talking to you, was I?" the man sneered with a menacing glare, making Sungjong flinch, but before the man could start anything, his upraised arm was suddenly yanked by a powerful and graceful hand, and both the teen and fuming customer turned to look at whoever had intervened, one with disgust and the other with relief and curiosity.
 
            The man who had saved Sungjong was quite handsome, the boy had to admit, with a tall body, clear complexion, and a somewhat emotionless face. This mysterious being didn't say anything; he didn't have to. Just one cold look, and the once complaining-man shut his mouth and turned away, expression making him seem annoyed, but within he was trembling like a baby kitten. 
 
            Sungjong was still staring at the savior with awe, blinking slowly as he looked him up and down unintentionally. He's close to my age. Realizing what he was doing, he quickly turned and looked away from the person behind him, a faint blush evident on his cheeks and he placed his fingertips on them to try and cool them down. "Thank you," he suddenly said, with his head still turned down, "for helping me."
 
            The young man who had been watching the other with amusement chuckled and waved it off with a light movement of his hand.
 
            "Don't mention it, I tend to be skilled when it comes to dealing with hot-tempered clients."
 
            "Oh really, and where did you learn that skill from?" Sungjong blurted before shaking his head violently with humiliation and looking down, bowing in apology, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked that, it's your life."
 
            "Why are you sorry? It's just work." the other chuckled, his gaze warm and friendly as he placed a hand on Sungjong's shoulder, making the younger look up at him, their gazes locking for a split second before the taller continued speaking, "it's your turn, I think."
 
            "Sir? Sir, we're ready for you."
 
            "What? Ah.. Um. Okay." Sungjong murmured before bowing to the man again and making his leave, walking over to the front desk and to the woman who was smiling warmly at him while the man who he was just speaking to continued to watch him from behind, his expression going from flirtatious to ragingly determined in under half a minute.
 
~*~
 
            The young man sighed softly as he went into the men's restroom and entered one of the stalls with his backpack, annoyance prickling at the edges of his mind but he continued to try and reassure himself that she didn't do it on purpose, it was an accident, she was just a bit clumsy, that's all.
 
            Flashback..
            Myungsoo, after getting his passport checked and approved, was making his way towards the sitting area where he last saw the pretty boy he was slowly forming a crush on go when he suddenly came in contact with a woman holding an iced drink in one hand and obviously not watching where she was going. He could see what was about to happen almost as if in slow motion. His clean white collared shirt, just picked up from the cleaners yesterday.. the dark red ice drink, spilling and moving gracefully towards his clothing... No!!
 
            Too late. He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply as he tried not to shake in fury as he felt the cold liquid saturate his blazer and shirt, a few droplets of the spilt drink landing on his chin and he wiped it off with a shaking hand. The woman looked at him with horror and grabbed a handkerchief from her pocket of her work jacket, trying desperately to wipe off the liquid before it could stain, but it was too late.
 
            Telling her that everything was alright and that she shouldn't worry, Myungsoo put on an act of calm and reassurance until the woman was gone, calling for another iced tea, and then he had rushed to the bathroom as soon as possible to change, but not before he turned to his right to find that the man that he had a slight liking for who had tried to help out the female worker at the front desk before was now watching with surprise clear in his eyes as he looked to be battling with himself on whether to go to him or not..
 
            Flashback end.
 
            "Ugh, stupid clumsy woman.." he muttered, going into a dark personality as he stripped himself of the blazer and white shirt, exposing smooth toned abs and gorgeous skin before he sifted through his bag for something that would still match his pants and shoes.. Ah ha! 
 
            Slipping the shirt on, he stuffed his dirty clothes in his bag before making his way back out of the stall and looking at himself in the mirror, straightening the white jacket's sleeves on his arms and finally removing a fabric bunny from the black v-neck. It would have to do.
 
            He walked back out of the bathroom only to come in contact with the man he had been trying to avoid for the past half hour because of the iced tea incident. Not out of politeness, but dare he say it, out of embarassment. Here he was, trying to look cool and collected and trying to win over his victim when wham!
 
           "Oh, hello." the man said, his gaze warm and inviting although he checked the shorter's appearance up and down in close proximity and smirking gently at what he found. Being closer to the younger definitely made the shorter's beauty glow, and Myungsoo was trying without success to calm his rapid thoughts. 
 
            "I see you fixed your uh.. problem."
 
            "Yes."
 
            "Please excuse me." the beautiful boy said, a blush forming on his cheekbones and the older chuckled and nodded, moving out of the way but due to the tight fit in the doorway he could only move a bit, forcing the feminine man to have to brush up against the smirking, taller male while walking through the swinging door, and the blush intensified during the process. 
 
            The man with the cold expression and slightly evil smirk playing along his lips stuck his hands in his pockets and made his way towards the airport bar, taking a seat before turning to watch the entrance to the men's bathroom with intensity, waiting for the moment when the younger would find the note he left in the other's hand during the moment when he moved passed and bumped into him. This should be interesting...
 
~*~
 
            Standing in front of the mirror with his hands slowly bunching into fists as he looked at himself, evaluating every single strand of misplaced hair, he finally noticed the feeling of something very, very small in his palm. Blinking in confusion, Sungjong lifted his hand up as he found a small slip of black paper folded neatly in a square and had apparently been placed in his hand by the man while he was moving passed. 
 
            Slowly unwrapping the note, he smiled softly without meaning to while reading the words on the little paper, and he nodded subconciously while making his way to the specified area.
 
            "If you wanted to meet me, you could have just said so instead of doing this," Sungjong giggled while sitting down next to the man, and the man smiled softly.
 
            "I thought it would be more romantic this way."
 
            "Romantic?"
 
            "Why, yes. It's no lie when I say I'm attracted to you."
 
            "Well, that's being a bit straight forward, don't you think?"
 
            "Why should I have to lie?"
 
            "Well, you don't, I mean.."
 
            "Good, then we can get this little 'date' started, neh?"
 
            Sungjong blushed and looked away, not wanting to approve nor deny the assumption made by the attractive other, and Myungsoo smirked. Bingo.
 
            "May I buy you a drink?"
 
            "Only if you can guess my favorite."
 
            "Well, you're obviously too pretty to go straight for the vodka," Myungsoo said flatly, and the younger chuckled, "but you're also too young to want anything that even has the taste of alcohol so that you don't get caught... A mixed drink. Heavily mixed. Hmm. Mixed Berry Rum."
 
            Sungjong blinked in fascination before nodding, and the older hummed and ordered the drink.
 
~*~
 
            The two were now on the plane, and after a bit of antagonizing and apologies before laughter broke out, they were now sitting next to each other in their designated seats, the young one looking out the window while the other was watching the flight attendants move down the aisles in his own seat.
 
            "That's a good gift you have there. About my drink, I mean." Sungjong said suddenly to try and strike up a conversation and break the awkward silence.
 
            "I tend to read people like an open book." the other smiled softly.
 
            "And what does my book say?"
 
            "That you don't really want to be here on this plane because of flight fear and you already have a boyfriend that you're hoping will propose one day."
 
            The entertainment manager slowly looked at the man, fear slowly entering his heart. "You can't know that by my expression, can you?"
 
            "Nope."
 
            "Then how.."
 
            "Tonight, my focus is all on you."
 
            "Why.."
 
            "It's part of my job."
 
            "What do you mean?" fear was more than worming its way into Sungjong's body and mind, it was full on flooding now.
 
            "You have something that I want, Sungjong. And I'm going to get it. One way or the other."
 
            The young man finally couldn't take it any longer and stood, turning around to get help from one of the flight attendants who was serving herself a cup of coffee, and was about to call out for her help when a strong hand painfully gripped his wrist. He looked down at the man, who was now glaring with a deadly expression straight into his soul.
 
            "You tell the flight attendant, and your lover dies. Now sit down."
 
            Sungjong slowly took a seat, tears starting to stream down his face as he bowed his head to hide his emotions from the man, but he had already seen and clicked his tongue in irritation before handing him a tissue from his pocket.
 
            " up the tears, babe. We have a long way to go, and I need you to stay conscious for what I'm about to say next."
 
            "What do you want from me?"
 
            "I need you."
 
            "For?"
 
            "Everything."
 
            "And you're planning on harassing me for it?"
 
            "If that's what it takes. You see, your beloved Sunggyu isn't who he says he is."
 
            "He's everything I want and more, why are you pinning all of this on Sunggyu."
 
            "Sunggyu has been my enemy for several years, and only now has taken action against me in order to get revenge."
 
            "Revenge on what?"
 
            "You're a very curious brat, aren't you? No more questions, I don't feel like answering them."
 
            "Now look who's the brat.." Sungjong muttered, turning his face away towards the window, but flinched when Myungsoo lashed out and grabbed his face in his hand, squishing his cheeks until he looked like a guppy and began to leave marks.
 
            "I don't need the attitude right now, sweetheart, and right now I'm going to assume you don't, either. So how about we all just get along, play a good game, and when all of this is over, maybe we can hit a Starbucks and create a good, clean, friendly relationship and forget all about this, hmm?"
 
            "Never."
 
            "Have it your way then.." Myungsoo sighed, turning his head away before briskly moving back and slamming his forehead into Sungjong's, causing the other to fall unconscious due to the blow, and the villain caught the boy's head before taking his jacket and using it as a makeshift pillow for the boy before turning off the light, brushing his hand across Sungjong's cheek gently with love and getting up out of his seat once the seatbelt sign turned off.
 
            "Sweet dreams."
 
A/N: I know, that was probably a really bad ending, but I knew the chapter was getting really long, and I couldn't find a place to end, so I decided to end it there. What does everyone think? I know we may have jumped into the action a little too soon, but I mean seriously - Without jumping in, what do we have left in this fanfiction? Boring filler details, that's what. XD Anyway, next chapter is going to jump into Sunggyu's life and what's going on with him, so hopefully that'll be interesting. :) Let me know what you guys thought, and if you have any comments, feel free to share. Thanks. ^^