Chapter 6 Part 2 (Myungsoo's Story)

The Chaser

 

            "Myungsoo, sweetheart, time to get up, you need to get ready for school!" a pretty woman with the boy's hair colour called from the kitchen while making breakfast, and down the hall a groan of protest was heard from the boy's room, a wild and fluffy haired head the only thing popping out from underneath the blanket whilst the boy rolled over onto his side, continuing his peaceful slumber.
 
            Footsteps were heard quietly moving down the hardwood flooring before his door opened and his mother stepped inside the room, hands on her hips as she looked down at the only breathing creature in the area.
 
            "Kim Myungsoo, if you aren't up, showered and dressed in the next half hour I'll tell Sungjongie's mom about your crush on her little son." the woman threatened with a warm gaze, a knowing expression in her eyes.
 
            The boy, hearing this, shot up from bed, eyes wide although he was still half-asleep.
 
            "You wouldn't!" the boy cried out before yawning widely, causing his mother to let out an amused laugh while she led him by his shoulders to the bathroom in his room.
 
            "Get in the shower, hon, and be sure to be out before breakfast. Alright?" the woman advised before closing the door behind her after hearing a hum of acknowledgement and returned to the kitchen.
 
            While in the shower, the young man sighed softly in relaxation by the warmth of the water before an image of the boy he liked so much popped into his head and he blushed, waking up instantly and washing himself. Why did he like Sungjong so much? He couldn't understand it. They were both boys, and yet every time a girl would walk up to him and ask him to hang out, he didn't want to do anything with her because she wasn't him. As for when he would see someone else come up to Sungjong and make him laugh or smile and walk away with them, Myungsoo would always get a tightening in his chest and a fire started in his head. What was that?
 
~*~
 
            "You had a crush on Jongie when you were that young?" Dongwoo gasped while stuffing his face with popcorn, making his boyfriend, Hoya, roll his eyes. Meanwhile, Sungjong blushed from thes tory, and Myungsoo smiled and took his lover's hand in his own.
 
            Shaking his head finally in reply to Dongwoo's question after waking up from his daydreaming of staring at the boy next to him, the storyteller explained:
 
            "My older brother tends to have memory problems. He thought he was twelve when he fell for Sungyeol and had him taken away, but at that time I was twelve, which means Sunggyu-hyung was how old?"
 
            "15?" Dongwoo replied after a while, causing everyone to chuckle at his currently childish behavior.
 
            "Any more questions?"
 
            The rest shook their heads, and Sunggyu gave his younger brother a playful glare while wrapping his arms around Sungyeol's waist, and Myungsoo smirked while returning the look.
 
~*~
 
            "Hey, Myungie!" Sungjong called to his friend, grinning while racing down the school hall to catch up to the koala, and said koala smiled while feeling special for the nickname his Sungjongie gave him. Now that they had names for each other, Myungsoo felt that their bond had become even stronger.
 
            "Yes, Jongie?" he asked while looking at the softly panting boy beside him, and tried not to fall over while receiving the younger's cutest smile before he spoke.
 
            "Byunghun invited me to go to Infinite Playground, and he's wondering if you'd like to come, too."
 
            Myungsoo stiffened.
 
            "Just the three of us?"
 
            "Well, yeah, and the rest of our class. He even invited Mrs. Kwon!"
 
            Myungsoo glowered, rolling his eyes while continuing to walk down the hall toward the lunch room. Stupid rich kid stealing my Sungjongie's affections.
 
            "Please?" the younger begged, bringing the other's attention back to him, and Myungsoo sighed softly before nodding in agreement. 
 
            I'm only doing this because of you, Sungjong.
 
~*~
 
            "I don't get it, when do we get to the part where you explain your relationship with Sungyeol?" Woohyun asked, interrupting Myungsoo's story, and the teller growled and looked sharply at the one who intervened in his tale.
 
            "Soon, Woohyun-hyung." Myungsoo snapped before inhaling deeply to calm his nerves as he massaged his temples. "Soon."
 
            "If it's so soon, why are you telling us all this unnecessary information about Sungjongie and you?"
 
            "My relationship with Sungyeol involves Sungjong."
 
~*~
 
            "Sunggyu-hyung?" the koala called as he entered their home and set his backpack on the floor near the door. After a moment of waiting for a reply, Myungsoo entered the kitchen calling for his mother to see if she was there.
 
            "She went to the store," a male's voice sounded behind him, causing the surprised boy to spin around before sighing in relief, "what do you need?"
 
            "Advice."
 
            "Advice? For what?" the older asked while entering the kitchen and grabbing an apple from the fruit basket, "did you get in trouble today at school or something?"
 
            "No, I... I like a boy. Is that nor-"
 
            Sunggyu held up his hand to signal his sibling to hold on while he pulled his ringing phone from his pocket. Myungsoo looked at his brother with a tenderly frightened expression when he saw te older with a large smile on his face he'd never seen before and Sunggyu answered his phone, voice cheerful, while leaving the room.
 
            "But, hyung, what about my problem?" Myungsoo shouted after his brother while following him to his room.
 
            "Maybe later, Myung." Sunggyu said nonchalantly before closing his bedroom door in the smaller's face.
 
 
            The next day at school.
 
            "Myungsoo!" an older female, around the age of 20 or so, called from the doorway of her classroom just as the young boy was about to leave, and the boy turned around only to be beckoned by the woman for him to come back in, "I need to talk to you."
 
            "Yes, Mrs. Kwon?"
 
            "Sweetheart, what's wrong? All through class today you've looked so glum, you spaced out during the lesson, and when I called on you you didn't even acknowledge. Did something happen at home? Are you okay?" the elementary instructor asked with concern written in her expression, and Myungsoo looked away with guilt.
 
            "I'm sorry, noona. Nothing happened at home, I'm just.. having some personal problems right now."
 
            "Do you need to go to the guidance counselor, dear?"
 
            "I don't think they'd want to help me as soon as they figured out my situation."
 
            "Well then I'll help you," Mrs. Kwon said after a moment's thought and pulled her desk chair over by one of the student tables, sitting down and motioning for the boy to sit down across from her in the table.
 
            Myungsoo sighed softly before nodding and following her, sitting down across from her and resting his head on his crossed arms on his desk. Mrs. Kwon smiled and patted his arm.
 
            "Now what's wrong?"
 
            "Well.. I-I like this person, you see..." he started, not one hundred percent sure how he should word what he was going to say in order to not weird his teacher out, "One of my friend's... But he- I mean she, keeps on hanging out with other people and doesn't pay enough attention to me."
 
            "Enough for you, or enough for her?"
 
            "What?"
 
            "Sometimes, Myungsoo, what may be enough for one person may not be enough for someone else. Maybe she's paying this much attention to you because she thinks it's enough. If you don't think she's spending enough time with you, tell her. I'm sure she'll be understanding about it."
 
            "But... She likes this kid she keeps hanging out with. She doesn't like me. What if she gets mad at me when I ask her to stop hanging out with Byunghun- I mean this kid?"
 
            Mrs. Kwon blinked slowly for a moment, beginning to understand what Myungsoo was talking about as soon as the boy accidentally mentioned one of her student's names.
 
            "Is this girl that isn't paying enough attention to you little Sungjongie, Myungsoo?"
 
            "How-"
 
            "You like him, I can tell by how you act around him. You light up when you're around him. I think I understand why you don't want him to spend so much time with Byunghun."
 
            "W-Why?"
 
            "I think you're jealous of the attentions Sungjongie's giving Byunghun. If you like someone enough, you want them all to yourself, right?"
 
            Myungsoo looked away and nodded silently, remembering the feeling of wanting his friend all to himself and not sharing him with anyone else.
 
            "You might be getting that feeling because you're jealous and a little possessive of your friend. But remember, you're still young - Your feelings might change when you get older. So don't get too possessive over Sungjong, alright? Let him have his freedom and spend time with who he wants to spend time with. And if it becomes an issue of him not paying enough attention to you, talk to him about it, okay?"
 
            The boy nodded, head down. "Thank you, noona."
 
            "You're welcome, dear. Now, go eat lunch. And remember what I said."
 
~*~
 
            "Dang, Myung, you were like that even when you were that young?" Sunggyu laughed, shaking his head in mock disbelief and passing a hand over his face, "who did you learn that from?"
 
            "You, hyung."
 
            "What?"
 
            "Don't you remember, Sunggyu? When I came home that day, you were like that because of Sungyeol."
 
            The leader coughed in humiliation while looking away as Sungyeol looked at him and smirked in amusement.
 
 ~*~
 
            Myungsoo slowly lifted his head from his book once the sound of his older brother's voice echoed down the hall from the living area late at night into his room. 
 
           Getting up from his bed, the younger son of the family tiptoed so as to not be heard while he attempted to listen in to the conversation his mother and Sunggyu were having.
 
            "I can't believe that traitor, going after my Sungyeol! Betrayer! Bastard!"
 
            "Sunggyu, quiet with the language," Myungsoo's mother scolded before continuing to speak with a more gentle tone, "what happened, dear? Did Sungyeol reject you?"
 
            "No," Sunggyu muttered, letting out a trouble gust of air before plopping down in a chair, "I didn't even get the chance to confess. That b- I mean opportunity-killer interrupted me and started fooling around with my Yeollie, flirting with him and stuff..."
 
           "Well, did you talk to him about it?"
 
            "I called him, but I couldn't get straight to the point because my little brother was in the room, so I had to leave, which was beyond irritating..." the teenage male grunted in anger, turning his head away from his mother's gaze and glared out the window.
 
            Myungsoo frowned in guilt while listening silently to his brother's words before turning and tip toeing back into his room, shutting his door with a quiet click, and climbing back into bed, situating his bed covers and rolling onto his side, staring at the wall with a sad expression. Poor Sunggyu-hyung... he thought to himself before slowly drifting off to sleep, unable to hear the rest of his family members conversation.
 
            "You know, Sunggyu, Myungsoo probably didn't mean to interrupt your call. You know that he's had this crush issue for a while now, perhaps he just wanted help from his older brother."
 
            Sunggyu sighed gently before bowing his head with guilt.
 
            "I slammed the door in his face."
 
            "What?"
 
            "I slammed the door in Myung's face. I was pissed off and on the phone with Sungyeol, so I couldn't tell him to bug off, so I just said I would talk to him later and then slammed the door in his face. But... I forgot to talk to him about it later, since I ended up locking myself in my room feeling sorry for myself..."
 
            "Sunggyu!" his mother shouted in anger, causing the younger son in his bedroom who was sound asleep to jump in fright before he calmed down, reassuring himself that his mother was probably just mad about the conversation her and his brother were probably still having, and he quickly went back to sleep, gripping the blankets around his body for extra comfort.
 
            "I know, I wanted to help him, I just- I was just so angry the past few weeks that I've brushed him off whenever he's come to me... I'm pretty sure he's not very happy with me and won't want to talk to me. Can't you help him?" Sunggyu pleaded before shying away from the sharp look his mother threw him, and he sighed softly.
 
            "Fine, fine. I'll talk to Sungjongie and see if he likes Myungie, too."
 
 
            Myungsoo yawned slightly while rolling over on the couch and hitting play on the same movie e had slept through. It was Saturday morning (more like afternoon), and he couldn't hel but get excited when one thought entered his groggy mind: Sungjong's coming over today!
 
            "Hey, Soo, I'm going to the store real quick, mom's at work, do you think you can handle yourself?" Sunggyu called to him while descending the stairs with his laptop and keys in each hand, and Myungsoo smiled while nodding.
 
            "Yeah, hyung, um... do you think you could pick up Sungjong on the way home?"
 
            "Sure, dongsaeng," Sunggyu acknowledged while setting his laptop on the counter and heading toward the door, "see you later."
 
            "Bye hyung."
 
 
            A few minutes later, the young man who was about to fall asleep yet again blinked open his eyes at the sound of someone receiving a text message.
 
            Carrying on an inner feud with the tired side of his mind and the curious one, the latter won the battle and the boy stood up from his laying position and proceeded to hunt down the phone that had buzzed.
 
            Retrieving it from his brother's backpack, he tilted his head while opening the flip phone and peering at who had texted Sunggyu. Opening the message, he was alarmed to find a history of his brother speaking to Sungjong.
 
                        TO: Sungjongie <3
                        Hey bud, busy right now?
 
                        TO: Sunggyu-hyung :D
                        Nope :) What's up?
 
                        TO: Sungjongie <3
                        I need to ask you a question.
 
                        TO: Sunggyu-hyung :D
                        What's wrong, what is it? Did something happen to Myungie-hyung? Or Mrs. Kim?
 
                        TO: Sungjongie <3
                        No, Jongie, you can calm down haha :P I just have to ask you a question about Myungsoo.
 
                        TO: Sunggyu-hyung :D
                        Oh... Why? What's up with Myungie-hyung?
 
                        TO: Sungjongie <3
                        Do you like him?
 
            Myungsoo froze while reading the seventh message sent from his brother, and he removed the phone from it's previous distance of two inches from his face while he glared at the screen. So many questions were running through his head right now. Why does Sunggyu-hyung have Sungjong's number? Why is there a heart next to Sungjong's name? Are they secretly dating? Is Sungyeol just a cover up in order to not get me involved? If they're dating, why did Sunggyu-hyung ask Sungjong if he liked me? Is Sunggyu-hyung planning on bringing him to dinner? But we already know him...
 
            Hoping that the next messages would clear up the questions he had throwing around in his head, he continued to read.
 
                        TO: Sunggyu-hyung :D
                        I don't get what you mean.
 
                        TO: Sungjongie <3
                        Do you like him as a friend?
 
                        TO: Sunggyu-hyung :D
                        Of course!
 
                        TO: Sungjongie <3
                        Do you like him as more than a friend?
 
                        TO: Sunggyu-hyung :D
                        I... I don't know, I never really thought about it... I guess so.
 
                        TO: Sungjongie <3
                        Boo :( I didn't think you did. Ah well. How's Yeollie?
 
                        TO: Sunggyu-hyung :D
                        What's that supposed to mean, hyung? >:( I can't like Myungie? :( Sungyeol-hyung's doing fine...
 
                        TO: Sungjongie <3
                        No, you can like Myungsoo, but... if you like Myungsoo, how am I supposed to like you? ;)
 
            Myungsoo froze. Sunggyu likes Sungjong? Anger raged throughout his bones as his body began to shake involuntarily and his gaze slowly slid from the phone over to the front door of the house where his brother had disappeared through half an hour ago. He would be coming home with Sungjong. No wonder hyung seemed so happy to go get him... He was probably planning on just hanging out with Sungjong instead of letting me hang out with him...
 
            Reopening his brother's phone, Myungsoo snarled in irritation while typing up a heated message to Sunggyu's soon-to-be boyfriend. Yes, Sunggyu and Sungyeol had cleared up their little situation that morning, and they were officially dating. Not for long...
 
                        TO: <3 Jagiya <3
                        Sungyeol, we need to talk.
 
                        TO: Gyu
                        What about?
 
                        TO: <3 Jagiya <3
                        I'm breaking up with you. To be honest, I never even loved you. I was just going after you in order to get closer to your brother. I'm sorry, it's over
                        between us.
 
                        TO: Gyu
                        What?! Oh, Kim Sunggyu, you will hate the day you were born! How dare you go after my sweet, innoccent little brother! I'll kill you if you lay a                                                   
                        hand on him! You hear me? Kill you!
 
            Myungsoo grinned evilly before deleting the text messages between him and Sunggyu's now ex-boyfriend and placed the phone back in his brother's backpack.
 
            That'll teach you to mess with my Sungjongie.
 
~*~
 
            Everyone stared at their second youngest member; some with shock, others with anger, and a couple with expressions Myungsoo couldn't quite identify the emotions in.
 
            "You made Sungyeol break up with me? Do you know how much that hurt me? How much I wanted to kill myself after Sungyeol treated me like garbage? I had no idea that he was doing that because of you! I thought he just had a change of heart and started hating me!" Sunggyu fumed while slowly standing and coming towards his brother, but his lover sat him back down gruffly and placed a hand on his knee.
 
            "Gyu, we're telling these stories in order to let everyone know of the truth. Now that we know, don't we all feel a bit better about it?" Sungyeol asked calmly though there was fire in his eyes, and Sunggyu looked away with a muttered 'no'.
 
            "So, wait, let me get this straight - You didn't actually date Sungyeol? But you said you did... I'm so confused right now. It was all a lie? You said you dated him when actually you just ruined the GyuYeol relationship?" Dongwoo gaped, causing a still broken-hearted Woohyun to wince and look away at the couple's name.
 
            "Umm... Pretty much, yeah." Myungsoo stated bluntly, and Sungjong was gaping at his lover with newfound fear, admiration, and surprise. He had absolutely no idea his boyfriend could get that jealous and possessive, and it definitely taught him a lesson on not to ever do anything stupid like that while dating the other.
 
            Myungsoo smiled gently while clasping his lover's hand and brought Sungjong's knuckles to his lips, kissing his hand softly and causing the other to blush at the action before scooting closer to the older's side, and the latter wrapped an arm around the maknae's waist, leaning back into the couch and getting comfortable.
 
            "Who goes next?"
 
            Everyone looked at Sungyeol and Sunggyu, wondering the same thing, and the two looked at one another, not noticing a slowly becoming depressed Woohyun in the background, slinking away without noticing another human being sitting quietly in the shadows, waiting for his moment to strike.
 
A/N: Holy eff! Finally I'm done with this! It took me 4 or 5 days, and finally ended up with me having to have a serious headache that is now burning my brain in order to finish this and get it posted up! I guess I should be in pain a lot more often *kidding, kidding, I don't really want that to happen*. Anyway, go ahead and comment, I know you guys may be confused on this chapter since it's really late here and I'm tired and need to get to bed, so if you're confused ask questions and I'll try to explain. Thank you for reading. I'll go to sleep now. Baiii ^.~