Chapter 5

The Chaser

 

 
            Serenity, a seemingly physical substance within the hotel room of the new couple as they lie in one another's loving arms, both beings fast asleep as the first rays of light strung through the curtains of the window, the dawn glow casting the entire space in a soft blue mist. Life was perfect for the two of them in every way at this current time.
 
            Inhaling sharply, the young man holding his other half of his soul around the waist woke and looked around for the sharp vibrating sound interrupting the tranquil slumbering creatures.
 
            Shifting over onto his other side and feeling the maknae's arms moving from his neck in order to hug him from the back, Myungsoo's eyes finally came in contact with the shining white screen of his cell phone and he reached out with a fluid movement of his hand to retrieve the device and open the blinking message.
 
 
TO: Myungsoo-ah
 
FROM: Yeollie-hyung
 
MYUNGSOO! Whatever you've accomplished with Sungjongie ertedly,
congratulations, but let me bring you down from cloud nine with a piece of
disturbing news. Sunggyu knows. He knows everything. He knows you two
arrived earlier than planned. He knows that you and Jongie hooked up. And
let me tell you, Myung, he is not happy. You guys need to get down here!
Sungjong's not the only one in danger any more. We need your help.
 
 
            The receiver of the dreadful information sighed softly in mental exhaustion and passed a hand across his face before sitting up, no longer physically tired, and began to fall into his thoughts of battle strategy whilst the sheet covering his body fell down to expose his bare chest and well-toned abs, but he was too lost in planning to notice.
 
            Only when a soft murmur sounded from beside him did he wake up from his trance and look over to see the most beautiful creature staring right back at him with concern colouring those adorable doe eyes and worry writing itself into those plump, kissable lips.
 
            "What happened? What's wrong?"
 
            "We need to go to Sunggyu's home today to settle this once and for all."
 
            Fear replaced the previous look in the younger's dark orbs and his bottom lip trembled with the desire to cry as memories of the past flitted by his mind's eye, yet although all of those emotions racked his body, he still gathered the power to nod in agreement, understanding exposed in his facial expression and the only thing Myungsoo could do was passionately press his lips against his lover's own in order to communicate his gratitude for the holder of his heart being so strong during the years he needed the older the most.
 
            That day the couple spent the entire day together with no worries and no expectations whatsoever, laying in bed or going into town and walking hand in hand (they tended to switch from one to the other as hours went on), sharing smiles, sharing kisses and long silent looks of love. Why? Because of the knowledge that what they were about to go through in the next hour was going to be worse than hell itself might be.
 
~*~
 
            Squeezing the hand of his partner, Myungsoo looked over at the shaking mess that was the maknae of their group and he began to think of a million things to say or do to his older brother to make him pay for all of the evil he had inflicted on this young innocent boy who was now so skittish and freaked out around Sunggyu without his mask it wasn't even funny. Nothing was any more. Not when it came to his brother.
 
            Getting out of the car when they pulled up in the drive way of the dreadful house he once called home, the older came over to Sungjong's side and helped him out, wrapping an arm around the shaking one's waist while his free hand took the other's freezing one and entwined their fingers together, squeezing comfortingly as they ascended the front porch stairs towards the gates of the underworld.
 
            "Jongie, listen to me." the older suddenly said and turned the other's face towards him, making the doe-eyed boy look up into his lover's intense orbs and nod silently in acknowledgement, "whatever you do, don't wind up alone with him. I don't know what he has planned, but I know it's not good. Just make sure, if you get separated from me during this, that you'll stay away from Sunggyu while this plays out. Okay?"
 
            Sungjong nodded silently and bowed his head before Myungsoo inhaled deeply to reassure himself and gather his bravery before ringing the door bell to the home, the sound echoing throughout their house, and to be truthful, the sound was actually quite cheerful. But that day, it was the one thing they dreaded to hear, the one thing they wished they could run away from, because they knew, deep in their hearts whether they wanted to accept it or not, one truth:
 
            One of them may not make it out alive.
 
 
A/N: I know, it's pretty short, but it's 11:20 PM, I'm tired, and the only reason I wrote this at this time was because I was laying in bed having a ton of different scenarios of this chapter playing through my head and I just had to get it down. So there. Finished. What do you guys think? I'm sorry if the end quote or anything was a bit confusing, I tend to talk in circles when I write, so I apologize for that.
 
If you did or didn't notice, my dear friends, we are coming close to the end of this fanfiction. It makes me so sad.. But it also gets me excited, because while I've been writing this I've been getting ideas for another MyungJong fic! :) So hopefully after this you'll read that one, as well ^^
 
Please let me know what you thought about this chapter, I've been entertained and have adored all of the comments I've received. ^^ The Sunggyu-centered comments I'm getting are absolutely hilarious and I love every one of them XD Just because when I was writing this I was thinking those exact same things. LOL. So thank you for lighting up my days when they seemed most gloomy. :) See you next chapter~ ^.~