Chapter 6 Part 3 (Sunggyu's Story Part 1)

The Chaser

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hello everyone, okay, so I know that I posted up a 'Not an Update' page telling you about my absence and that I would update my fiction series either today or in the next few days. Here is part 1 of GyuGyu's story :] I hope you enjoy, it's kind of very dramatic haha, but please comment, I love to hear what you have to say about the story. ^^ I missed you all.
 
 
It was a beautiful day; the birds were chirping their usual melodious tune, the winds of early spring were crisp with thawing frost, and the gentle rays of dawn were cascading upon the city in gorgeous falls of purple and orange gradient.
 
Arriving at the front steps of his high school, the dark haired boy gazed around himself, his sights landing flittingly on the students mignling in the front lawn or lot, their ages mixed along with different classes. A portion of these groups would laugh or smile at the giddy conversation at play whilst others simply enjoyed the tranquility of morning silence. Though he may have been jealous at one point in time due to seeing his friend conversing with a stranger male, the boy he was searching for, it seemed, wasn't anywhere among these groups, and after a moment's recollection, he returned to his quest by entering the educational building behind him.
 
The boy he was looking for went by the name of Lee Sungyeol, but he enjoyed calling him by the nickname of Yeollie. They were best friends, inseparable, but total opposites when it came to personality, separated emotionally by a secret that could change their lives for quite a long time. The word forever would have been used, he thought to himself with wonder, but nothing truly lasts forever, and at this moment an aching sensation gripped his chest.
 
Back to the task at hand, the senior stopped by his homeroom at the sound of shuffling paper - a currently empty and dark class - and opened the door to reveal the treasure he had previously been hunting. The boy sat at the first row on the left and was busy writing some form of note. Knowing his friend didn't particularly enjoy being the one that is pranked and would rather be the prankster, the older took his time moving regularly across the carpeted floor of the area. That is, until a magical voice interrupted the quiet of the room.
 
"I saw you by the door," the younger male stated with a soft undertone, and though his head was angled downward, the senior could identify the hidden smile in his voice.
 
"Why didn't you call me in, then?"
 
"I was busy," he murmured, holding up the written paper long enough for the other to see it but not read its content, "anyway, I knew you would come in whether I invited you or not."
 
"Oh..." the older murmured, nodding his head with a silent, strained chuckle. There was always an awkward presence whenever he was left alone with Sungyeol, and often times he wondered if that was because of the elephant-sized predicament they were facing, the younger blindly and the older nervously -- they were both aware, consciously and subconsciously, of his strong feeling toward the sophomore.
 
In wordless response of his inference, the previously busy student stood from the desk he was occupying and gathered his things to leave.
 
"Are we doing it again?" the focused young male asked while placing his binder in his bag, and the other cleared his throat in order to respond. Tension...
 
"Yeah," he nodded, placing his hands in his uniform pant pockets and continuing to observe the boy getting ready. It was a tradition for every season equinox -- the two of them would leave school an hour after giving their presence in order to enjoy the day. But Spring, by far, was the best yet. The leaves and grasses were in color and growing, flowers bloomed along garden walls, and the chilly weather changed into a relaxing, sensual warmth. The thought of seeing his Yeollie happy again, the winter depression ebbing from his mind and creating that famous grin of excitement took hold of his imagination and he could feel his cheekbones rising in temperature, higher and higher...
 
However, before he could fall completely in to fantasy land, a sharp knock upon his cranium sent him reeling with surprise and pain. Turning toward the source, he couldn't resist the whine in his voice.
 
"What was that for?"
 
"Are we leaving or what, dreamer?"
 
Beautifully dangerous, that boy, he thought to himself while walking down the hallway after the slightly strutting young man. Those two terms described Lee Sungyeol to the letter. Sunggyu's brother, Myungsoo, however, would have thought differently -- Leee Sungjong was far more gorgeous, but Sunggyu couldn't see it. He never could. Little Sungjongie, though Sungyeol was his sibling, was simply a child in the older's eyes, and he was happy his brother found him. His own brother seemed to be a sad mini soul until he came across Sungjong...
 
To Sunggyu, Sungyeol was better than any flower, any star, and any moon that he had ever come across and seen, and the boy was willing to prove it to whoever doubted his love.
 
Of course... this view was about to change drastically, and he hoped it was for the better.
 
Sitting at a local cafe, waiting for his friend to return to the boothe he was currently situated in, the senior nervously stared out the window at the moderately busy streets. You can do this, Sunggyu, he thought to himself with mock confidence, just confess to him! You play around with him all the time about this sort of stuff! The only difference now is that you're seriously...
 
"Not helping," the anxious boy finished his conscience's speech, resting his head upon his arms and hiding his face in his elbow due to his boredom.
 
Sungyeol's taking a long time...
 
"Hey, you," the familiar voice snapped, and his heart skipped a beat just at the mere vision of the boy. Smiling and turning to the well thought of boy, he tilted his head to the side.
 
"Yeah?"
 
"You brought me here to tell me this?" Sungyeol asked with an enraged expression while he lifted his phone and shoved it in the other's face.
 
After a while of crossing his eyes and blinking in rapid succession due to the bright shine of the phone's visual screen, he read the message and instantly paled once the text sunk in.
 
"What the hell..."
 
"Is that why you wanted to be my friend? So that you could get closer to my brother?" the offended boy questioned with a heated tone. The victim of his patronizing stare tried his best to packpedal and recall the day'sevents in order to explain the situation, in order to regain the calm that was once leading up to his confession.
 
He had left his phone at home so as not to disturb their day... 
 
So he couldn't have texted him.
 
But the only one at home was...
 
Gah, Myungsoo! 
 
He writhed with anger, his mind and gaze dark whilst he gritted his teeth in temporary hatred. That morning had been so calm between the two of them when, by routine, they were constantly fighting. Now he understood why. It was all a plot to destroy his relationship with Sungyeol. Get my guard down, beat my barriers to a pulp so that I would trust you with my things, and then wham! Attack! And it seemed that this disgusting plan was working perfectly to Myungsoo's advantage.
 
"Look, Yeollie-"
 
"Don't call me that!"
 
He gulped and tried again, "Sungyeol, you're my best friend... I came here with you to tell you t-"
 
"Well, you could have told me in person rather than over text!"
 
"Sungyeol, I l-"
 
"I don't want to hear those revolting words leave your mouth!" the boy shouted, causing a scene while placing his hands over his ears in an attempt to shut out the world.
 
"Will you just listen to me?" the other pleaded, gazing up at the softly sobbing boy in front of him with a begging heart.
 
"No!"
 
"I like y-"
 
"Shut up!" Sungyeol screamed, glaring down at the sitting boy, "you know what..." he started and with a fevered severity began to type something in his phone, sniffling during the process, and sent whatever it was before sticking the device in his pocket.
 
"If you don't have it with you, then I wno't hear it go off."
 
They waited for a moment, one in rage and the other in nauseating agony, when a ding was heard from someone's cell across the room.
 
It all happened too fast.
 
The hurt boy hissed and stalked off, followed by a stumbling senior who was trying desperately to grab hold of the boy to stop him, screaming that it wasn't his cell and that he didn't have it with him, when he found his love and half of his heart went out the door, tossing venomous, boiling words behind him.
 
"I hate you!"