Chapter 6 Part 1

The Chaser

 

            Again the doorbell rang, signaling the arrival of guests to all within the large building, and yet there still had not been one person to come to the door or look out the window, which worried Myungsoo because the car his friends took was parked right next to Sunggyu's in the driveway.
 
            "Something's not right.." he murmured, half to his lover and half to himself as he made his way over to the front window, cupping his hands on the glass and peering inside. The entire place was dark, even the blinds for the other windows of the main floor were shut as tight as possible.
 
             Walking back over to the door and gently wrenching his lover's hands from their tight hold on his shirt, he knocked yet again on the dark maple wood.
 
            "If you don't open this door in the next ten seconds, I'm kicking it down!"
 
~*~
 
            Sungyeol grit his teeth as he struggled against the restraints binding him to the chair in the dark room. The only light that was seen was the one above him, making it all the more disorienting to the drugged assassin.
 
            Flashback.
 
            Sighing heavily with a grieving heart, the armed man strode through the corridors of the large building, gun safe by his side, before he arrived at the living room where his friends, including his target, were sitting on the ground playing a board game.
 
            Looking up after playing his turn, Sunggyu smiled at the one standing in the doorway and beckoned for him to come in, his gaze unusually warm, and Sungyeol couldn't help but wonder why. The leader didn't even give Woohyun that sort of look, he never has, so why all of the sudden was this man, his target, looking at him like this?
 
            Stepping into the room and slowly sitting on the couch next to the boys, he placed his hands on his lap in a rather rigid manner as he sat perfectly still, eyeing his friends and keeping tabs on Sunggyu's every move.
 
            "Yeollie, why don't you go ahead and join us?"
 
            The stone one looked over to Dongwoo and smiled softly before refusing the offer. It was better if he kept his head in his own game (the 'Try-to-kill-his-best-friend-inconspicuously' game) instead of getting distracted by having fun with his friends.
 
            Unbeknownst to Sungyeol, the leader of their group grimaced with rejection as he was the one to tell Dongwoo to offer the game invitation to the seemingly brooding male on the couch, the memories that he once made with the man in the past coming back to haunt his mind in the present, and he looked away from the attractive man in order to clear his head. Those feelings need to leave, he thought to himself, it's over between us, Sungyeol doesn't feel that way any more, and I have Woohyun now. I should be happy...
 
            Right as the hidden killer was about to join into the game after sitting there for half an hour bored out of his mind, there was a sudden bang! that emanated from the front door before a young man with a silenced rifle and binoculars around his neck strode in, wearing all black and eyes dark, and grabbed the back of Sungyeol's head before ramming it into the table, causing the other to black out.
 
            Stunned into quiet, Hoya, Dongwoo, and Woohyun sat there, mouths agape, staring up at the intruder. The only one who could stand and make a scene was Sunggyu, and according to the shocked friends as they watched the action play out, he was pretty pissed.
 
            "What are you doing, who the hell are you?" the leader spat while glaring at the one holding Sungyeol's unconcious body, yet the man wasn't fazed by the other's harsh tone or venomous gaze and instead placed Sungyeol in a chair and, after ping the backpack around his shoulders, began to tie him to the furniture with rope.
 
            "My name is Joon, I'm here to protect you. This man was going to kill you."
 
            "Right, and I'm the easter bunny. Why are you lying to me? He doesn't even have a weapon! What is he going to kill me with? Dice? A game piece?"
 
            "This," the stranger stated monotonously while retrieving the gun from its holster on the unconscious male's side and lifted it up to show the enraged Sunggyu, "so tell me: Are you the easter bunny? Because so far, everything in this house has been true."
 
            The leader's eyes and facial expression suddenly went hard with anger and masked betrayal, and after crossing his arms over his chest and taking on a business-like manner, he asked one question: "What now?"
 
            "Got a safe place to put him, where no one can hear him or find out he's there?"
 
            Flashback end.
 
~*~
 
            Waking up from lala-land, the captured and drugged man looked around frantically for some sort of object that would help him out of this hell hole.
 
            "How long have you been planning on killing me?" a voice at the end of the room asked with an unsatisfied tone of voice, causing the other to stop all motion and turn his attention to the place in front of him.
 
            "Look, Sunggyu, we both know you're not as innocent as you make yourself out to be," Sungyeol started carefully before lifting his head a bit to see what it was that was in his peripheral vision, and on the top of the stairs was a person that made him instantly pray Sunggyu wouldn't say anything stupid (never mind him wondering how Sungjong got into the house) after he finished this next bit, "Sunggyu, why did you do this to me? I wouldn't have killed you, you know that. You're one of my friends. I wouldn't hurt you even if someone told me to."
 
            "You may not have killed me, but I know what you would have done. You would have gone to Myungsoo and told him and his precious Jongie all about my cheating."
 
            Sungyeol gulped as the figure stopped descending the steps and stood silent and shaking in the middle of the doorway to the room the two people were in.
 
            Even from where he was at, the trapped killer could see the shine from the heavy tears entering the youngest's eyes, and fury through his heart like a bullet - fast to enter, but gets lodged into the flesh, leaving a heated, painful feeling as well as a will to remove the object in any way possible.
 
            "Sunggyu, what or who even gave you the right to cheat on Sungjongie? He's our maknae! We're supposed to take care of him, not hurt him!"
 
            The once cold-expressioned and boss-like form looked to immediately crumple, sitting down in the chair opposite Sungyeol's, the silhouette's head turned down. "To be honest I didn't mean to hurt him, yet at the same time I didn't love him like a lover should, either. I loved him like a brother, but felt it necessary to act like a lover whenever Myungsoo was around."
 
            "If you didn't love Sungjong like that, why did you use him to hurt Myungsoo? Even before you were dating him, when he was in the hospital... I saw you act like a boyfriend, instead of letting Myungsoo do the job. I was there, Sunggyu. What did your brother ever do to hurt you?"
 
            "He did the worst thing imaginable, Sungyeol. He stole my heart's love from me. When I was just around twelve or so, I fell in love with the most perfect of humans. Sweet and loveable, but sensitive and a bit hot-tempered, and oh-so humorous and witty..."
 
            "You loved Woohyun when you were twelve?!" another voice suddenly cried out as the owner descended the rest of the stairs and walked into the room to find his ex-lover gaping at him in surprise and his friend making a rather interested horror-filled expression.
 
            "W-Well," the oldest began, "not exactly... One of his friends, in all truths."
 
            "What, who?" the maknae asked with sudden excitement, wanting to match the two together, before he noticed that the other two in the room weren't listening to his question any more but rather were staring at each other, one with pure love and the other with shock, but underneath all that Sungjong was ecstatic to find that Sungyeol loved Sunggyu, too.
 
            "Sungyeol is your life love? Congratulations-" he began with a grin until he was interrupted by three heavy sets of foosteps running down the stairs, and much like a nightmare to Sunggyu, the source of the leader's love issues was seen, panting heavily with a dagger in his left hand.
 
            "Sungjongie, Sungyeol, are you two okay?" Myungsoo cried while looking the two up and down for any sort of injuries, the weapon pointed towards Sunggyu's throat until he was stopped by a tight grip on his arm and the male turned to remove whoever was holding him back until he came face to face with his weakness.
 
            "Myungsoo, there's a lot that needs to be explained to all of us, from everyone in here." Sungjong stated while gently removing the weapon from his grasp, and the other blinked slowly.
 
            "Everyone?" he murmured the question while turning to find Sungyeol and Sunggyu in their own intimate moment; Sunggyu's hands were along the other's waist, Sungyeol's hands were resting on Sunggyu's arms, and the two were gazing into one another's eyes intensely while carrying on a non-verbal conversation, the ropes that once bound Sungyeol to the chair now resting on the floor in cut up pieces.
 
            "Yes, everyone. Sunggyu needs to explain why he grew to be so violent, Sungyeol needs to explain why he accepted your job offer, as for you, my dear Myungie," the younger paused, resting his hand on the side of his lover's face before smacking him twice gently, "you get to explain to me your relationship with Sungyeol."
 
 
A/N: Kind of a boring cliffhanger, but we'll jump into the stories of the other people in the next parts. I think what I might do is actually title the chapters instead of giving them numbers, that way you can tell which story is from which person, since I'm thinking about making each story actually be from the POV of the person telling the tale, and have it be more of a flashback for you guys while at the end be him telling it to the others. So.. I know it's different, but hey - Gotta try new things, right? I'm sorry for not updating as often as I'd like, but you know life. I hope you guys enjoy this very uneventful chapter, and to those of you I had told I was planning on creating an epic battle scene.. I changed my mind. Haha. XP Hope you don't mind about that.. Something else that's just as epic will happen, okay? :) Oh, and if you guys don't mind, could you reply to the following question? It would be a lot of help: