Chapter 9

The Brightest Star

 

‘Here’s your latte jaejoong.’ Seol wi said as she hands jaejoong the cup

"Your schedule is pretty free for today, Jaejoong." Seolwi read off her Ipad. Jaejoong frown, no oppa again? "Just the recording with jaejin oppa and you're free for the rest of the day." ." she bowed. "If' there's nothing else." she left.

 

Jaejoong held out his hand to stop her from going. But his hand stop in mid air. *Why can’t I stop her damn it !*

 

 

 

‘barbie girl ?’ jaejin stand up as the recording room door is open. But slump down back his seat when notice is jaejoong.

 Jaejoong’s anger began to boil again but he close his eyes to clam it down.

‘Lets just hurry with the songs.’ Muttred jaejoong as he sat the chair beside jaejin. Jeejin nodded trying to separate his feelings from his work.

 

Its sounds imposible but both of them were impress by each others talent. Jaejoong was fast on thinking the right lyrics. Jaejin was perfect on composing the right music. If they weren’t love rivals , they would make a perfect duo. But with the shadows behind both of their backs.. Its kinda hard for them to admit to each other.

 

After 5 straight hours, they’ve finish the songs. Now its just the recording which they will do it another day . jaejin stand up and stretch.

Awkward silence.

‘So.. do you like ..’ jaejin said as he break the ice.

‘stay away from seol wi.’ Jaejoong stand up ,staring down at the slightly shorter man.

‘she’s not like the singing girls that you know. She’s not an out going girl. She’s innocent, sensitive . She looks strong but very weak inside.’  There was once when he caught seol wi crying in the rooftop after a harsh scolding by a famous photographer because she totally forget   jaejoong have a photoshoot with him and they were late for 2 hours. Jaejoong didn’t care at that time because he thinks that seol wi was in the wrong. But thinking back now , he just wants to punch the photographer in the face. She’s a human ! of couse she’ll forget with his busy schedule .

 

‘Then why did you hurt her?’ ask jaejin as he stare at jaejoong with cold eyes unlike the warm that he looks at seol wi.

‘no I didn’t .’ jaejoong denied ‘I….’

 

 ‘She was crying at the park when I first saw her,so lonely and hurt. And I heard she said something about only your manager..’ jaejin stands straight not backing down. ‘she’s your manager, Right?’

Jaejoong stiffens. Did he really hurt her so much ?

 

‘Lets have a deal.’ Jaejin said ‘ the one she chooses in the end , wins and the winner got to call the loser grandfather.

Jaejoong smirk

‘You’re on.’

 

 

Jaejoong went to his room to find seol wi . After the incident in the recording room, he’d decided to confess to seol wi. Expecting seol wi holding his favourite bento waiting for him inside, his heart sink seeing the empty room.  He reached for his phone and saw a text from her.

"Hope the recording went well. I left first with jaejin oppa because there weren't any schedules for the rest of the day and you don't need me. Enjoy your rest time."

 Jaejoong’s lips form a thin line. He grip on his phone tightly and he smash in on the floor. Breaking the phone into pieces.

 

‘jaejin oppa ! what if someone recognise you ? ask seol wi worriedly as she looks at jaejin who was putting his mask and glasses on.

‘Relax Barbie girl, only honggi hyung is in FT for other people. We others are just strangers to them .’ said jaejin as he adjust the mask.

‘you’re wrong oppa, you’re the one I admired the most in FT . ’ seol wi answered seriously.

Jaejin eyes turn sad when he heard that. But he quickly change it

‘and you’re the girl I like the most.’ Jaejin grinned as he puts a cute pink hat on seol wi.

Seol wi kept quite. ‘Sorry oppa ,I ….’ But jae jin stop her

‘Come on !,’ jae jin grap her hand ‘I’m starving !!.’ as he pulled her to the night market.

Both of them had a great time . They almost eat the entire street of food stores. Fish cakes, Kimbap, Kimchi Fried Rice, Tokkebi Hotdogs….

‘Ahh ..’ said jaejin as he held the tteokbokki near seol wi mouth.

Seol wi hesitated but she open for jaejin.

‘good?’ jaejin asked nervously for her answer.

Seol wi immediately smile ‘Delicious!!’ she put a thumbs up ‘JJang!!’

They were taking selca with both of their phone when suddenly

‘Excuse me..’ a young girl interrupt their moment.

*oh no … * both of them thought because jaejin had already keep his mask because of the eating.

‘you look familiar.’ She’d look at jaejin like a detective looking at a prisoner . ‘ Are you a celebrity?’

Jaejin shook his head as he pulled seol wi’s hand and he smile at the girl  ‘Nope, just a normal citizen, bye’   

The girl got stunned because of jaejin’s cute smile.

‘Kya!!!.’ The girl squeal madly .

 

Jaejin pulled seol wi to a park. They were couples everywhere. Eyeing the couples, seol wi felt sad.

‘Barbie girl ?’ ask jaejin nervously as he held on both seol wi’s hand.

*oh no… is he gonna confess ?* seol wi thought as she look at jaejin with wided eyes.

‘ I like you… since I saw you at the park.. I know its kinda fast but will you be my girlfriend?’’ as jae jin anxiously waits for her answer.

 

Suddenly seol wi’s phone ring .

‘Yeoboseyo ?’ she answered as she send an apologizing look to jaejin

‘Seol wi .. cought cought.. I need you … cought cought … at my place…right now…cought.’ Jaejoong said with a very sick voice.

‘jaejoong oppa ? are you ok ? oppa ??’ seol wi started to panic

‘I’m so sick .. I think I’m gonna .. [ thump] …’ the phone ended

‘Oppa ??’ seol wi said as she quickly call jaejoong’s phone but it went to the voicemail.

‘I gotta go jaejin oppa..’ trembled seol wi worrying about jaejoong.

‘So that’s means a no right ?’ jaejin smiles bitterly . He know he had lost when seol wi says that she admire him like an idol. He’d even more confirm when he saw the worried looks on seol wi’s face when she answered jaejoong called.

Seol wi look at jaejin with a apologising look. She hug him

‘Jaejin oppa.. You’re my best oppa ever..  I really had a crush on you once. But…’ seol wi paused

‘But then jaejoong hyung come along huh ?’ jaejin continue as he hug her for the first and last time.

Seol wi blushes as she break off the hug.

‘Take this ..’ seol wi said as she untied the keychain from her bag.

‘you’ll find your real Barbie girl someday.’

Jaejin took it from her *you’re my only Barbie girl* There was a silence

Jaejin push seol wi a little ‘ go on.. he needs you. If he hurt you again, you can always call your ice cream boy to beat him up’ He said with a teasing smile

‘Dae oppa !, Urm.. u want a lift ?’ she asked because she drive them here.

‘Nah, staying here for a while, I’ll call my manager to pick me up later.’ Jaejin said as he waved to seol wi.

‘ok, Bye jaejin oppa !’ giggle seol wi as she ran to her van.

*Good Bye.. my Barbie girl..* jaejin thought as a single strain of tear ran down his cheek.