Chapter 4

The Brightest Star

 

"Jae, you've got a meeting at two later in the afternoon, just to remind you." Seolwi smiled prettily, her face flushed as she came running towards him with her hand holding Jaejoong’s coffee. "And this is your latte from your cafe."

Jaejoong took the coffee from her, not meeting her eyes. "Fine."

Seolwi stood there and smiled at him expectantly,*I’m the luckiest girl in the world !!* she squeal inside her mind.  Jaejoong looked at Seolwi with pointed brows. "Is anything else the matter?"

Seolwi's face fell. "Oh nothing. I'll go and...find something to do." ." she scampered away to

to sit at the corridor while Jaejoong sat in the studio room by himself.

A little lonesome, but s would return soon to finish the last details for their songs. He felt a little bad pushing Seolwi away all the time but he was just trying to save her from breaking her heart right? She couldn't like him, they were in a business relationship, nothing more!

Jaejoong reached forward to drink the latte that Seolwi had prepared for him and wondered why he felt a little empty inside.

 

 

‘So kids ,how’s the new album coming up?’ ask baek chang joo  as he sat down on the contre of the meeting table.

‘we have finished writing the 5 songs for the album.’ Answered Youchun proudly with a smile

‘I know you all are always perfectly on time.’ Baek chang joo complimented with a smile on his face.

‘But..’ said junsu

‘But ?’ ask Beak chang joo with a pointed eyebrown

‘We are thinking about changing the genre that we always used in our songs...’ Answered jaejoong as he paused .

‘I’m listening’ said Beak chang joo as he place his both albow on the table and place his both hands on his chin.

‘ok..’ jaejoong shrugged ‘We’ve been singing almost ballads since we debuted as JYJ, we’ve been thinking... well its me who’ve been thinking , that we change our song to rock band like songs’

Jaejoong held his breath as he nerviously waits for his boss’s answer.

‘and both of you agree to this ?’ ask Beak Chang Joo as he turn his gazed to Junsu and Youchun.

‘Neh’ nodded youchun and junsu

‘Its good to change right ? It’ll be something new for the fans to hear of .’ Youchun answered as he turn his gazed to Junsu, asking him for his opinion.

Junsu thought about it for a while and smile ‘ i think thats a very good idea’

‘Ok!’ Beak Chang Joo smiles and said ‘ I have an idea, instead of employing an amature band, why not we coorperate this album with a real young K pop Boy Band instead?’  ‘ It will help to raise JYJ popularity among the young girl fans.’

Well, its true, young teens don’t even know who is JYJ or TVXQ because they debuted very early.

‘Good idea boss’ scream Junsu excitingly

‘ok then,is there any band in your mind ?’ ask jaejoong as he look at his boss

‘well ... there’s one....’ answered Beak Chang Joo

 

After the meeting, jaejoong waited at the loby of Cjes for seol wi to take him home.

*pang.. pang.. pang* sounds of running was heard

*that’s must be her* jaejoong tought

3..............2...........1........................

‘Sorry I’m late Jae oppa!, Are u hungry ? How did the meeting go?” Seol wi ask as she catch her breath. She was chatting with her best friend Yun Mun who is Junsu’s make up artist. They met on seol wi’s first day in korea. Ever since both of them found out they can speak mandarine, they were best friends ever since. Yun Mun was half Korean and half Chinese. Well for Seol wi, She speaks English, Mandarine, Cantonese, Malay and Korean which she’d learned when she first moved to korea at 18.

‘Where were you?’ Jaejoong barked. He don’t know why but his temper raise when he did’t see seol wi waiting outside for him...

‘Sorry Jae oppa ! I was chatting with Yun Mun and I didn’t know the meeting end so fast.’ Seol wi explain nervously

Jaejoong calm down a bit after hearing she was with a girl.* what? So what if its a boy ?*

‘whatever...’  ‘ just don’t let me wait  again’ jaejoong said as he walk to the van.

‘I promise i wont leave you alone again Jae oppa !’ Seol wi said as she skipped a little behind jaejoong .

Jaejoong heart skipped a little after saying that.

*Man! What is this feeling ?* he thought confusingly

‘Just drive seol wi’ said jaejoong weekly

‘Keke.. Deh !!’ as she swifly drive the car to the busy road

 

 

‘Jae oppa .’ seol wi said while switching lanes.

‘Hmm ?’ jaejoong answered with his eyes closed

‘I was thinking.. tomorrow after 2 pm you’ll be schedule free...’ said seol wi while looking at the rear mirror

“and ?’ jaejoong ask

‘well.. there’s this new books store, there’ll be a lot of sale and i thought that we can go together ...

Jaejoong signs . ‘ seol wi, you’re my …urm …, my manager.. I wish we can keep that relationship. And besides, if i go out in public, i’ll be sure that a whole lot of fans will be chasing me .’ he said as he shift his seat.

‘yea , jae oppa .... I get it..’ ‘ we’re here jae oppa’ seol wi said as she park the van infront of his condo

‘oh, ok good night seol wi’ jaejoong said as he open the door

‘Goodnight Jae oppa’ seolwi said with a smile. Somehow, that smile looks like a force smile to jaejoong.

After he closed the door, Seolwi drive to a nearby park at her house.