Chapter 4

Licensed to Kill

After the manager left with the van Seunghyun went to look for a vehicle that he could borrow. He didn’t really want to drive since he didn’t own a license but he knew he had no other choice.

Seunghyun hadn’t even been walking for five minutes when he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. A little startled by the sudden vibration, he picked up the phone and saw the unknown caller ID on the screen again.

He stopped walking, looked around to ensure no one saw or heard him and sighed while pressing the answer button.

"Yes? What do you want?" he said flatly.

The man on the other line sighed and said:

"Please Seunghyun, can’t you be nicer? I figured you wouldn’t be able to get here by yourself and sent a car to pick you up outside the hotel you recently stayed in."

Seunghyun made an annoyed expression, clearly tired of the unknown man.

"Why would you do that? I was going to get a car by myself."

The other man scoffed slightly.

"You should be thankful. I can’t risk you getting caught before even arriving here; I know you don’t own a license. Now, hurry to the hotel, the car will soon be there. It’s going to be a pleasure to finally meet you, Seunghyun."

Before Seunghyun could say anything else, the other man had hung up. He stared at the screen of his phone and then angrily stuffed it back into his pocket. He then turned around and started walking to the hotel.

"I hate this sh*t." he muttered under his breath.

 

Seunghyun arrived outside the hotel about 15 minutes later and caught sight of a black Audi Q5 parked there. He started walking very slowly as he approached the car. Suddenly the front door of the car opened and a man stepped outside. Seunghyun felt his heart beating so hard he thought he was going to faint. By this time he had stopped walking and stood a few meters away from the car.

The driver showed no expression as he pointed at Seunghyun and said:

"Are you Choi Seunghyun?"