Chapter 10

Licensed to Kill

Daesung walked out into the hallway, looking both ways too see where Seunghyun could have walked off to. He didn't have to guess which way for when he looked to his right side down the hall, he spotted the elevator closing.

He took the stairs down and when he finally arrived at the bottom floor, not long after Seunghyun, he found the latter in the empty lounge.
With soundless steps, he walked behind a wall that separated the room from the elevator and focused his hearing on what he guessed was a phone conversation.


Seunghyun walked around the room in a fast pace, as he spoke in an angry but low voice.

”What do you mean now? Now is not the time!”

Daesung's eyes widened as he kept listening. Seunghyun seldom got this angry, so who could the person on the other end be that caused his hyung to be this upset?

”Yonghae, you know where I'm at! Today is a special day. Just give me one more hour.” Seunghyun pleaded.

”Yonghae? Doesn't sound familiar to me at all. Who is that?” Daesung mumbled and a thoughtful expression formed on his face.


As he stood there, completely immersed in deep thoughts, he was unaware of the sudden presence that was now beside him. Without warning, there was a hand on Daesung's shoulder, making him flinch.

”Oh hyung! I didn't see you there!” he exclaimed, voice shaking a bit out of nervousness.

”Hey Dae,” Seunghyun smiled. ”What are you doing here?”

Daesung could only thank his brain for his quick response.

”I- I wanted to take some fresh air! I thought we could go together?”

The older smiled wider, dimples appearing as he did so.

Casually, Seunghyun slung his arm around Daesung's broad shoulders as they headed towards the exit door.

To Daesung, it didn't look like Seunghyun was suspecting anything and he tried to reassure himself that that's how it was. But he couldn't help feeling worried that his nervousness might have been evident on his face a few minutes ago.


They stood right outside the door in silence for a while, just feeling the freshness of the air and the soft gust of winds that passed by from time to time. The silence was then broken by two voices.

”I--”

Daesung and Seunghyun looked at each other by surprise for a second before breaking out into smiles.

”Go ahead.” Seunghyun gestured towards the other.

”You first hyung!” Daesung laughed.

”No Dae, I insist.” A smirk made its way on the older's lips.


Daesung's lips formed into a smile again and he faked an overreacted sigh.

”We're going to your favorite Sushi restaurant soon. You're coming, right?”

Seunghyun's smile dropped. He knew he couldn't be there, and it was Yonghae's fault, he cursed him for that.

”What's the matter, hyung?” Worry was evident in Daesung's voice.

”I-...” Seunghyun hesitated. ”I can't come.”

A pause.

He looked into the eyes of the other and his voice turned serious then.

"There's somewhere I need to be."


Daesung noticed that something was off about the way Seunghyun acted, and the serious tone of his voice indicated that wherever he needed to be, it wasn't a good place. Daesung felt very uneasy.

”Hyung...” He said slowly, eyes not leaving Seunghyun's unchanged serious face. ”Is there something I should know?”

Seunghyun looked down and quickly contemplated on whether he should tell Daesung the truth or not. Telling the truth could get him into trouble but lying would be just as bad, especially to his closest dongsaeng.
However, Seunghyun decided that at least Daesung deserved to know for now, in case something would happen to him after this.

He looked up and just as he opened his mouth to tell Daesung what he'd been up to, loud voices were suddenly heard behind the glass doors to the lounge. The two men turned their heads at the same time to see who came and surely enough, three people were heading towards the doors, none other than Jiyong, Youngbae and Seungri.


It was, however, more like two people came walking since Seungri was practically walking for Jiyong, carrying the leader on his back and grunting loudly with every step he took. Youngbae walked beside them and laughed hysterically as he watched Jiyong making the maknae suffer by shouting orders in his ear and bouncing lightly. One could only imagine what the noise level was like inside.

Both Seunghyun and Daesung looked at each other for a short moment before Daesung turned around and opened one of the doors for the other members, and as they arrived outside, Seungri immediately dropped off Jiyong to slump down on his knees out of exhaustion. Younbae chuckled and patted him on the shoulder.

To shake off the tense feeling from the serious moment from before, Seunghyun started talking. He turned towards Jiyong with a smirk.

”I see you gave Seungri some excercise.”

Jiyong shrugged cooly ”Well I won a bet so,” he then glanced at the maknae as he smirked, ”I gave him my best punishment.”


Seungri, who was now standing up, crossed his arms in a sulking manner. ”Couldn't you have been nicer? I thought my back was about to break.” he complained, frowning as he put his hand on his lower back.

”Nope!” exclaimed Jiyong happily, smiling with his eyes.

Daesung burst out laughing at that and walked over to Seungri, laying an arm around the latter. ”I'm with you” he said, smiling towards him. Seungri's face lit up then and he made a sneaky expression towards Jiyong. The leader just laughed and shook his head.

Just then a YG car arrived.

”Oh yeah!” Youngbae said, now remembering. ”We're going to your favorite Sushi restaurant hyung, the car is going to take us there now. We booked it just for you.”

Now Seunghyun felt really bad but he still had to say no.

”Ah...” he paused, as if not knowing what to say but he knew exactly what to say, he just didn't want to word his sentences in the wrong way.


He looked at the other four faces and winced slightly ”I can't go, I'm really sorry guys!”

”What?!” the others, except Daesung, exclaimed in surprise.

”Why?” Seungri was the first one to ask.

”I...”

He had to lie now.

”I have to attend a script reading. As you know, it's really important that I'm present.”

Jiyong stepped forward, surprise evident on his face. ”Yes, but why are you doing another movie so soon?”

Seunghyun bit his lip. He really hated lying in front of s but this was the only way.

”It was a good offer and I accepted it last week already. The plot is very good and I really want to go with this role.” he said, faking a smile.

 

All the time Daesung had been watching Seunghyun, not believing a single thing his hyung said.
Jiyong nodded, understanding the situation.
Youngbae then walked up to Seunghyun and patted him on the shoulder as he smiled ”Well then, congrats again hyung, you're gonna be a movie star.”

It took a lot of energy for Seunghyun to fake smile once again and utter a ”Thanks Youngbae”, returning the pat on the shorter man's shoulder.

Seunghyun then looked at the rest, ”Please, have fun for me”

”Oh, of course we will” Jiyong said as the others nodded. Then as they left for the car, the leader turned around, shouting back to Seunghyun: ”You won't be able to get away from this though, we'll order takeout for you tomorrow!”

Seunghyun chuckled and made a 'tumbs up' sign.


The car drove off and when it was out of sight behind the corner, his face turned serious again.

”Damn it!” He swore quitely to himself.

Not even a minute later, a car awfully similar to the one that just left, showed up in front of Seunghyun. Actually, you'd think it was a YG car if it wasn't for the numberplate that gave it away. But other people wouldn't pay attention to that. Seunghyun looked at the numberplate and knew it was for him. He quitely walked up to the car and got inside.

What had he gotten himself into?

 


Holy crap, it's been two years, I am SO sorry! I've had no ideas whatsoever for this story but surprisingly I managed to write another chapter so here you go, I hope you enjoy it~ Hopefully I'll be able to finish this soon.

Comments/feedback are my main source of motivation and helps me a lot with my writing, so if you can, please leave a few words in the comments section. Thanks!