Watching the Sunset

Romantic Street
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Tiffany clung onto Taeyeon’s arm as they walked around the dim station.

Taeyeon was stealing glances at the girl who was quite oblivious that she was making someone’s heart beat fast.

“Tiffany…” Taeyeon finally broke the silence.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Do you think we’re really in the Philippines?”

 

A large part of them was excited and giddy because they’re out of the country, plus, they were together. But also a part of them was scared and anxious because it all seemed surreal.

 

“Then let’s find out!” Tiffany sped up towards the lighted area near them, dragging Taeyeon along.

 

They saw a long staircase and decided to check it out. Feeling scared of what awaits them, Tiffany’s grip tightened around Taeyeon’s arm.

“Scared?” asked Taeyeon.

 

Tiffany nodded in defeat.

 

“Don’t be… We’re in this together.”

With that, Taeyeon carefully removed Tiffany’s hand on her arm and held it in hers instead.

They held hands as they walked through the staircase, secretly smiling from ear to ear.

 

***

They had exited from the dim station. The rays of the sun greeted them, their eyes squinting at the sudden outburst of light.

Realizing that it’s a completely different ambience, with foreign-looking people walking by the bay, Taeyeon squeezed Tiffany’s hand.

 

“So what are we supposed to do now?” she asked.

 

“Let’s just enjoy this place while we’re here.” Tiffany’s eyes were scared, but knowing that she’s not alone, she could only smile.

 

Taeyeon smiled in return. “If this is really true, then let’s make the most out of it.”

 

She looked at her wristwatch and was surprised that it had only been less than an hour. She then studied the faces of the people around them and realized that they were indeed, in the Philippines.

All of a sudden, a pretty, doe-eyed, Korean-looking woman approached them. Her hair was long and black and she was also apparently taller than the lost pair. She was wearing a simple blouse and jeans, but still looked gorgeous.

“Hello there.”

The woman spoke in fluent Korean which made the two relieved- that finally, someone out there could at least help them.

 

“Are you Korean?” asked Tiffany eagerly. “I think we’re…” She trailed off.

“Lost.” Taeyeon continued.

 

The woman chuckled before saying, “Yes you are.”

 

Tiffany looked at her, hoping to seek an answer.

 

“Lost in love.”

 

Taeyeon couldn’t help but giggle at the woman’s response, making her face look like a ripe tomato.

 

“L-lost in love?” Tiffany slightly raised an eyebrow and looked at Taeyeon. She then leaned in to whisper, “She’s not helping at all.”

 

“I guess she’s just teasing us.” Taeyeon chuckled.

 

As if the woman could hear them, she spoke up in a calm manner, “I’m not teasing. Yes, you two are lost… Lost in love. You’ll understand everything when the right time comes. For the mean time, you can just tour around this place.” She paused while rummaging through her bag.

She handed out a pink coin purse to Tiffany, and a blue one to Taeyeon. “I am giving you these magical pennies. They come in handy and they’re very, very useful.”

 

“Thank you.” Tiffany ped the coin purse and saw silver pennies in it. ‘Wow. These are like game station tokens.’

She then hid it in her pocket and looked at the mysterious woman intently. “What’s your name?”

 

“Seo Joohyun.” The woman replied. “You can just call me Seohyun.”

 

Taeyeon looked at the woman with questioning eyes. “Are you… one of them?”

 

The woman understood what Taeyeon meant. “If you’re referring to the Cupids that you met earlier, yes… I am one of them.”

Seohyun was the calmest of them all. She exuded a very feminine and relaxed aura.

 

“How is this possible? I mean, we were just in Seoul a few moments ago… How did we get here fast?” Taeyeon held the blue coin purse tightly.

 

“Express 999, remember?” Seohyun walked ahead and the two followed her steps. “Well, if you want to go back to Korea, you can just contact me at this number, and I’ll immediately guide you back there.”

She gave her calling card to Taeyeon.

“If you don’t have any more questions, then I’ll leave you both now. I still have other things to attend to.”

Seohyun calmly walked away, leaving the two alone by the bay.

 

***

“You said your brother’s living here, right?” Taeyeon asked Tiffany. They were walking by the bay, never letting go of each other’s hand.

They were both afraid to get lost, or was it just an excuse just so they could be all clingy to one another?

 

“Yes… After my mom… died.” The last word came out as a whisper. And Taeyeon didn’t hear it.

 

“What? What happened to your mom?”

 

“She… already left us.”

 

“Oh.” Taeyeon lowered her head. “Sorry.”

 

“It’s fine… It’s been six years anyway.”

 

“But… Why is your brother here?”

 

Tiffany contemplated whether to answer it. “Uhmm…”

 

“It’s fine… You don’t have to tell me now.” Taeyeon squeezed her hand and smiled.

 

A horse with a carriage came into view as they strolled by the bay.

“Tiffany, do you want to ride that thing?” Taeyeon pointed at the carriage not far from them.

 

Tiffany’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter