Sugar Rush

Romantic Street
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Fair warning: This chapter might give you a sugar rush.

 

 

The second lunch date gave them the time to get to know each other more. Finally, they learned the basics; like the usual- their favourite colors, food, movies, books, and everything else.

 

“Like I said, let me pay this time, Taeyeon.” Tiffany insisted and called the waiter for the bill out. She tucked her side fringe behind her ear, moving the bulk to the other side of her neck.

‘Is she staring at me?’ She wondered. “Is there something on my face?

 

Taeyeon realized what she was doing and cursed herself. ‘JUST GREAT. KIM TAEYEON. So much for creeping her out.’

 

“Taeyeon?”

 

‘But she’s so pretty I can’t help it.’

“I-I’m not staring at you, I promise.” She stuttered, and mentally smacked her head for it.

 

“I didn’t say that.”

 

“But you’re thinking that.” She hung her head low, avoiding the gaze of the other girl.

 

Tiffany clasped her hands together and rested her elbows on the table.

 

She held back her giggles. “How’d you even know what I’m thinking about?”

 

Before Taeyeon could even answer, the waiter already arrived with the receipt in his hand.

“How was the meal, ma’am?” He asked them and received smiles in return. “Are you sure? …because you both seem red.”

 

 

“Wha--?”

“Eehh?”

 

***

 

The two continued to walk around the streets. Luckily, there were no kids at the playground.

Wanting to grab the opportunity, Taeyeon decided to lead the other girl to the swings. They sat down next to each other.

The blonde was holding her cell phone, spinning it from time to time, gathering all the courage to ask the other girl’s phone number.

 

‘Why do I feel like I’m a 15-year old boy dying to ask his crush’s number? I’m not even a boy to begin with! Right… I’m a girl!  So she won’t mind, I guess? Just ask… like a friend.’

 

“I was thinking… Maybe uhm…” She bit her lip, and suddenly all the words were gone.

 

The brunette noticed that Taeyeon had been fidgeting while looking at her gadget.

 

‘Being a little bold won’t hurt, will it?’

Tiffany wanted to confirm her assumptions. “Taeyeon-ah… Do you want to exchange numbers?”

 

The dimple girl was stunned. She didn’t see that coming. was slightly opened, and the eye-smiling girl found it cute.

 

“I mean, we can surely hang out again next time, right?” Tiffany added. She figured it was just the right thing to say for she really wanted to get closer to the blonde and get to know her better.

 

“DEFINITELY!” exclaimed Taeyeon. Her voice came out a little loud. ‘So much for being so obvious, Taengoo.’

 

***

 

Taeyeon was lying in her bed as she thought of the eye-smiling girl. ‘Now, since she initiated the exchange of numbers, I should text her first!!’

 

She typed in Tiffany’s name and decided to change it into Cutiepie.

Her stomach was suddenly asking for a personal time in the bathroom. Is it just because she was just too anxious? Maybe. So with a swift motion, she ran towards the bathroom to do her thing, leaving her cell phone behind.

 

 

Her little sister sneaked inside her room while she was away.

Jumping towards the cottony bed, Hayeon realized that her older sister’s gadget was still on.

 

She saw an empty message for a person named Cutiepie.

 

‘Who is this cutiepie?’

 

She smirked.

 

***

 

Tiffany launched herself to bed, feeling a little exhausted after her Physical Education class in the afternoon.

Thinking about the dimple girl, she decided to take out her phone and maybe send her a message. But before she could even touch her screen, her phone blinked.

 

She read the sender’s name- Taeyeon; a grin was painted all over her face.

 

But what she saw in the message made her gape at her phone in disbelief.

 

[Hi Cutiepie! You’re so cute that I want to squish you and cuddle with you! :)))) ]

 

She grabbed her pillows and smacked her face, trying so hard not to squeal. ‘My crush… is flirting with me? Is this for real?’ She rolled her body sideways and kicked the air continuously.

 

Finally regaining her composure, Tiffany typed in her response.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter