The Bugging Questions

Romantic Street
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was already midnight when the pair finally got to their respective homes. Taeyeon laid her back against the bedpost as she recalled all the things that happened earlier.

Looking through her silly photos with Tiffany on her cell phone, she couldn’t help but think that indeed, they were really like a couple. Not to mention, they’re so cute together.

She was smiling all to herself, remembering that awkward moment when their lips almost touched. ‘That clumsy girl.’

Her heart pounded even more when her cell phone beeped. Anticipating a message from Tiffany, Taeyeon took a deep breath first before reading it.

[I think I left all our souvenirs in the train! :(] -Cutiepie

She was imagining the other girl to be in her pajamas, lying down, holding her phone while pouting her lips in frustration. ‘Ayyiieee! So cute!’

She immediately replied,

[Don’t be sad. Those are just material things. They won’t live forever. But the memories we’ve made there will stay with us forever. And they are permanently engraved in my heart. So smile now, my Cutiepie. :))]

She was sincerely hoping that Tiffany would understand what she really meant. ‘It’s true, Tiffany… I will forever treasure our memories there even though it was just a few hours.’

 

Her phone beeped again, and she read:

[WHY ARE YOU SO CHEESY, KIM TAEYEON? Can you not… do that?]

 

She giggled at the other girl’s response. She realized that she had become a sugar-coated cheeseball ever since she met Tiffany.

[What if I don’t want to? :P]

 

[I might get used to you doing that all the time… And I’m afraid that one day all these will be gone.]

 

There’s this saying that you can’t read the other person’s emotions through a message. And that’s what Taeyeon had been trying to do- decipher Tiffany’s words.

She decided to call the other girl just so she could hear her voice. She wanted to free her mind of worries and wrong assumptions.

 

“Babycake?” Tiffany answered softly.

 

“Hey, cutiepie.”

 

“Did you get home safely? Were your parents worried that you stayed out so late? Are you tired? You must be tired!--”

 

“Yes. I am safe. My parents are already sleeping when I got home. And I was tired.” Taeyeon cut her off because she found it too adorable that Tiffany was worrying about her, and yet, she didn’t want her to be worried. “But… not anymore! Just by hearing your voice, my energy boosted to the maximum level!”

 

Tiffany pursed her lips, trying to suppress her giggles. “Then I’ll just keep on talking if that makes you stronger.”

Taeyeon stayed frozen, wanting to bite her own fist in glee, for Tiffany was making her stomach flip upside down, as if a Tsunami was occurring in it. “And now my energy level is over nine thousand!!!” exclaimed Taeyeon, not caring if she would disturb the other people in their house.

 

Tiffany laughed frantically. “I’m just glad that you’re safe. You got me worried when you walked me to the dorm and left all by yourself. It’s really not safe to go out on a midnight. You know, there are bad people loitering around.”

 

“You shouldn’t be worried! I’m a wolf wearing a sheep’s clothing! They should be scared of me! I’m stronger than I look!”

 

“Okay, fine… if you say so. But you’re a baby in my eyes. Are you sure you’re in college already? Or you’re just too smart and got accelerated?” Tiffany let out chuckles.

 

“Don’t be fooled by this baby-faced midget. I’m may be small… But I’m terrible!”

 

“And now you’re calling yourself a midget?”

 

“Did I? Sunny must have influenced me a lot.”

The cute bickering stopped instantly when Taeyeon mentioned her best friend’s name.

Tiffany remembered how clingy Sunny was to Taeyeon, and she didn’t like it. Her mind screamed jealous as she thought about their friendship. ‘How can I even match to a long-time friendship that they have?’

 

“Err, Tiffany, are you alright?”

 

“Y-yes… I guess I’m just sleepy.”

 

“Oh… If only my voice could give you energy like yours does to me.” Taeyeon said with a little hint of slyness.

 

Tiffany smiled. It’s at times like these that she really thought Taeyeon liked her. “You have a beautiful voice, Taeyeon ah.” She blurted out nonchalantly. “I won’t mind hearing you every night before I go to sleep.”

 

There was a moment of silence. The both of them were smiling, unaware of each other’s developing feelings.

 

Taeyeon finally broke the silence. “Uhm, Tiffany.”

“Hmm?”

‘I really like you.’

That’s what she really wanted to say.

But she thought it was too early to confess. Plus, they were both too tired already.

Instead, she just asked, “Can I see you tomorrow?”

 

“Sure.”

 

“Good night, Cutiepie Fany.”

 

“Good night, Babycake Taetae.”

 

Taeyeon grinned from ear to ear after hearing what Tiffany addressed her as. “I have a new nickname now?”

 

“You just called me Fany… So I thought of calling you Taetae. You don’t like it?”

 

“I do!” Taeyeon eagerly replied. “It’s just… I don’t know.”

 

“I like my new nickname as well.”

 

“Fany Fany Tiffany!!! I’m so funny!” Taeyeon blurted out, making the other girl laugh due to her adorable English pronunciation.

 

“Taetaetae… Ugh… Tae…. Taerrible? I’m terrible at this. I guess I’m not as witty as you. So I’ll say good night again to hide my fail humour.”

 

Taeyeon was laughing, clearly amused at the eye-smiling girl. “It’s not funny. But I laughed. So does that mean I have a fail humour too?”

 

“Beats me.”

 

“Well, I don’t know for how many times we’re gonna say good night to each other. But I wish this isn’t the last one.”

 

“It won’t be, Babycake. Now, go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter