I Swear

Romantic Street
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N: It’s the 27th! Happy TaeNy day everyone! :D

Sorry for not updating for so long. But I’m just in time, right? Cause it’s the freakin 27th of the month! And mind you, this chapter is kinda loooong. So please bear with it.

 

 

“I don’t even know why I agreed into this.” Jessica gave an icy glare to her two midget friends. “The last time I checked, I was a dignified person. But now--”

 

“Will you just stop complaining?” Sunny shushed her. “We’re doing this for our dear friend. And don’t worry, you look cute!”

 

“And very unlady-like,” Jessica fanned herself inside the mascot costume that Taeyeon insisted her on wearing.

 

“You should be grateful that I love you,” she hissed at Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon chuckled. “I love you too!” With her hands thrown in the air, she exclaimed, “I love my best friends in the whole wide world!”

 

“You can save the cheesiness for someone else, Taengoo.” Sunny nudged her dork friend by the elbow.

 

“But seriously, thank you! And sorry for bringing you into this. I just hope everything turns out well!”

 

Sunny scoffed, “You’re such a hopeless romantic.”

 

“And very much undignified,” Jessica added.

 

**

 

“What should I wear, Soo?” Tiffany had been rummaging her closet for the past hour. “This one?”

 

“Uh-oh.” Sooyoung shook her head. “Too conservative.”

 

“How about this one?”

 

“Too much skin.”

 

“This?”

 

“Too formal.”

 

Tiffany prayed that the last dress would be the one before showing it to her best friend. She held onto the hanger and placed it in front of her.

“Hmm… This?”

Sooyoung’s eyes sparkled as if she had just seen food. She stayed speechless for a while before finally admitting to herself that her best friend would definitely look good in it.

“Well… That’s nice.”

The girl who was holding the dress smiled happily and kept rejoicing in her inner thoughts. She slumped against the bed and stared at the ceiling.

 

“What’s with you? Why are you so excited today?” Sooyoung raised an eyebrow.

 

“It’s the university festival!”

 

“And so? You’ve never been this excited for the festival.”

 

Tiffany just smiled sheepishly with her eyes closed. In the midst of her day dreaming, her phone beeped, making her jump quickly off the bed. She hurriedly grabbed her phone to read the message.

 

Noticing the giddiness in her best friend’s face, Sooyoung sneakily snatched the phone away from Tiffany’s grasp and read the message herself.

“Yah!” shouted Tiffany. “I have yet to read it!”

 

Sooyoung’s eyes widened at the name of the sender. She then gave a questioning look to Tiffany before handing back the phone to her.

“Care to tell me what that is about?”

 

Tiffany’s excitement died down upon reading the message.

[I’ll be there in a few minutes. Like I said, I won’t accept no for an answer.] –Jaejoong

 

“So is this the reason why you’re so excited? Is there something else I need to know, Fany?” Sooyoung folded her arms across her chest.

 

“Sooyoung-ah…”

 

“I thought you’ve completely moved on. Do I have to knock some sense into you once again?”

 

“Sooyoung-ah…”

 

“He’s a jerk. Don’t be fooled by his sweetness… again. It has happened too many times alrea--”

 

“We need to get out of here… FAST!”

 

Tiffany immediately changed into the pink floral dress. Luckily, she had already fixed her hair and make-up.

 

“Wait, I need an explanation!” Sooyoung followed her best friend who just rushed out of the door like a running mouse.

 

***

 

A Ferrari stopped in front of Tiffany’s dormitory, and out came a lean man donned with aviator shades. He entered the lobby and walked towards the receptionist’s desk.

His sharp eyes revealed themselves as he took the shades off. With a smirk, he greeted the middle-aged lady, “Long time no see, ahjumma.”

 

She narrowed her eyes, “Mr.Kim?”

 

“You still remember me.”

 

“Yes yes!! Tippany’s boyfriend!!”

 

He cleared his throat and slightly bowed his head. “Uhm… I’m actually waiting for her.”

 

“But she doesn’t… s-stay here anymore.” She stuttered but tried to be calm. “Didn’t she tell you?”

 

“Crap.” He clenched his fist and pursed his lips.

 

“I better get going now.”

 

“Wait!” The lady stood up. “Jaejoong, right?”

 

He nodded.

 

She took one deep breath before saying sternly, “You missed your chance. That girl deserves someone better.”

 

He furrowed his eyebrows before putting back the shades on. With one swift motion, he pushed the doors of the lobby open.

 

‘I will never stop until I get you back..’

 

***

 

“So… if he’s not the reason why you’re so excited for today, then what is?” asked Sooyoung who was forced to run as if they were both chased. “Or… who?”

 

Tiffany was catching her breath after running away from the dormitory. “T-taeyeon.”

 

“Hmm… Care to enlighten me, huh?” Sooyoung kept moving her eyebrows up and down.

 

“I’m meeting her today.” Tiffany flashed her Totoro smile.

 

“Wait! Are you two…” Sooyoung trailed off. “Don’t tell me…”

 

“We’re not!”

 

“Do you even know what I’m about to ask?” Sooyoung chuckled. “You don’t need to tell me. The way you’re acting now… It seems like you’re ready, Fany.”

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, Soo.” Tiffany pretended to be clueless. ‘Am I ready?’

 

“Soon you will.”

 

**

 

Taeyeon waited for Tiffany just outside the gates of the university. She was fidgeting until she heard a familiar voice coming near her.

 

“Taeyeon.”

 

Her eyes were fixed on the girl who was wearing a pink floral dress. She felt her heart beating faster as time went by.

 

“Tiffany…”

 

She tried to hide her facial expression, but being an open book wasn’t helping her at all. She was smiling from ear to ear.

“So pretty.”

It came out as a whisper. She didn’t mean to say it verbally but she just couldn’t help it. Tiffany was making her breathless.

 

Tiffany blushed as she looked down on the ground. “Thanks.”

 

The tall girl beside Tiffany rolled her eyes. ‘Gosh. She’s so cheesy. And they’re not even together yet.’

Sooyoung stepped forward, blocking her friend from Taeyeon’s view. “Hey, let’s talk first, shall we?”

She distanced away from Tiffany and gestured Taeyeon to come closer to her.

“Taeyeon… I do not know what you are planning right now. But whatever it is, I hope Tiffany will be alright."

 

“I--” Taeyeon was cut off.

 

“I cannot afford to see her cry again. She deserves to be happy.”

 

“You should know that I’m not that kind of person. I want her to be happy too.”

 

“I’m putting my trust in you.”

 

“Thank you.” Taeyeon smiled sincerely.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter