Infectious Disease

Romantic Street
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

She slumped onto her bed and stared at the ceiling. Her hand slowly made its way above her chest as she grinned like a lovesick teenager.

She felt it beating—so fast that one would think that she was palpitating. But she wasn’t. Taeyeon was making her dreamy and all giddy as if it was the first time she felt this way.

She remembered how Taeyeon looked at her from a distance, and sang with all her heart, making her weak in the knees.

Yes, cheesy as it might sound, but Taeyeon was like the handsome prince charming that every girl would wish for, except that she was indeed, a she.

But Tiffany didn’t mind at all. Who was she to complain anyway? Taeyeon was perfect; or at least in that moment.

She heard her phone ring. It was Taeyeon- her Babycake.

Yes, hers.

No one else’s.

 

“You’re home?” She answered fast, but not too eagerly, for she didn’t want to sound so smitten.

She heard Taeyeon sigh. “Well, yeah.”

No one spoke for a moment.

 

She was desperately trying to suppress her smile.

“Bab--”

“Cutie--”

 

They spoke simultaneously, making both parties blush. Thankfully, they couldn’t see each other’s flushed faces.


“Twenty-seventh, huh?” Tiffany broke the silence. “That’s nice. Did you really plan all that?”

 

“I’m playing the mysterious type here. So I’m not gonna tell.” Taeyeon bit her lip on the other line, fighting the urge to laugh.

 

“As if it’s not so obvious that Sunny and Jessica were behind all that too.”

 

“Please give me some credit! I actually planned everything! I was the one who talked to the event officers! And I even rented the minion costumes for my friends! They just helped!”

 

Taeyeon mentally smacked her head for talking too much.

 

“Mysterious type, huh? Really.”

 

“Yes, your mysterious Babycake is mysterious.”

 

That made Tiffany laugh. “I’m not playing mysterious, so I’ll have to tell you straight from my heart that I was touched. It was really sweet of you, Taeyeon.” Her tone started to go higher that it usually was. “And I just want to kiss you right now.”

 

Hearing those words made Taeyeon roll over her bed as she tried to muffle her giggles.

 

Tiffany didn’t hear Taeyeon respond. She heard a bang sound from the other line, as if something fell down on the floor. She wondered what happened.

“Taeyeon?? Babycake??”

 

“Hello?” A much younger voice spoke from the other line.

 

She realized that it wasn’t Taeyeon.

“Is this Hayeon?”

 

“Taeyeon unnie just dropped her on the floor! And now we’re bringing her to the hospital! She’s dying!!”

 

Tiffany began to panic. “Omo! Is she alright!?”

 

“Yah! Give me my phone!” She heard Taeyeon’s struggling voice.

 

“No! Not until you take me to that Candyland place that I saw on your phone!”

 

“Okay. Just… Give me back my phone!”

 

“Yaaay! Yaaaay!”

 

And she heard the door slam.

 

“Hello? Cutiepie, still there?” Taeyeon finally got her phone.

 

“I am.” She paused a while before asking, “How’s your… ?” She felt her face warming up at the words she just blurted out.

 

That stiffened Taeyeon, her lips pursed as she gulped an imaginary lump in .

“It’s still perfectly shaped. Wanna see?”
 

“Oh my gosh. What am I getting into?” Tiffany facepalmed. “Never knew you had a daring side.”

 

“Just kidding.” Taeyeon laughed. “I’m not usually like this. I guess you’re just unleashing the different sides of me. Which one do you prefer though? Mysterious, quiet, Mathematician Taeyeon or--”

Tiffany cut her off. “You. Just you. I’m not sure how to explain it but… you’re more than enough.”

 

“Just say that again and I’ll surely be brought to the hospital any minute now.”

 

“You’re more than enough for me.”

 

Taeyeon had to cover the mouthpiece with her hand so Tiffany wouldn’t hear her loud squeals.


“You’re making me sick, Tiffany. Not in a bad way.” She paused. “I think I have my diagnosis now.”

 

“What is this, Kim Taeyeon?”

 

“Tiffanyholic. The doctors said that I’m the only one who has this disease. It’s not curable. And I told them that I don’t intend to be cured thou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter