Cupid's Hello

Romantic Street
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Are you sure you’re okay with me calling you… my Cutiepie?]

 

Tiffany was secretly giggling at the back of the classroom. Looking down while reading yet another text message from the same person, she couldn’t help but feel giddy.

[Err. I find it cute. :)) By the way, my older sister calls me Babycake too.]

 

[You’re HER Babycake.  You won’t mind having your OWN Babycake, right? *winks*]

 

She smiled and typed in her next reply. [Never knew you were into this stuff, Taeyeon. :P]

 

[What stuff? :))]

 

[Cheesy stuff. You know, finger and toe curling stuff. =))]

 

While waiting for Taeyeon’s reply, she was nudged by her seatmate, who happens to be the University’s Basketball MVP.

 

“Tiffany,” he whispered.

 

She looked at her side with questioning eyes. The guy then showed a handwritten note on his desk. “You free later?”

Tiffany ignored him. Impatiently, the guy crumpled the paper and tossed it to her desk. She read it and shook her head. “Sorry, I already made plans.”

 

The truth was she didn’t have any. She just didn’t like the idea of going out with the best friend of her Ex-boyfriend. And she was kind of wishing that someone else would ask her.

 

The class ended without her noticing it for she was too busy texting. Stepping out of the classroom, she felt a hand tugging her arm.

“Hey, if you’re avoiding me because of him…” A guy’s voice spoke from her back. She was then turned around by the guy. “Please don’t.”

 

“Yunho…”

 

“We can still be friends, right?”

 

Tiffany forced a smile and nodded half-heartedly. She looked down on her arm and cleared .

 

Yunho yanked his hand away. “Sorry…” He looked sideways before talking again. “So our team’s playing for the Nationals… You free to watch my game later?”

 

The fact is she hated basketball. She despised it not because of the sport itself, but because she met her ex through it. And she didn’t want to remember every bit of him anymore.

Before she could even respond to him, her phone vibrated once again. She tried supressing her smile while reading it.

 

[Maybe someone has unleashed a new side of me? *winks* Hey, my class just ended. Are you free this afternoon?]

 

She pretended like it was nothing when in fact, her stomach was already flipping upside down.

 

***

 

Making sure that she was alone inside the comfort room, Taeyeon smiled at herself before uttering her practiced line, “Oh, so your class just ended! Mine too!” She chuckled awkwardly. ‘Am I that obvious?’

 

She then cleared before saying, “Wow, we’re on the same floor! I didn’t know that!” She took one deep breath while looking in the mirror. She gushed up and put on a little bit of lipstick, trying to make herself look decent.

 

Finally gathering up the courage, Taeyeon walked along the hallway, silently wishing that she would accidentally bump onto her crush.

 

And yes, she saw her. But her crush wasn’t alone. Tiffany was talking to one of the University jocks with his hand on her arm.

 

That’s when she realized that she still knew nothing about the girl. It was just a simple crush, a budding romance that needed not to go any further, or at least that’s what she thought. Her hopes were crushed in an instant.

 

She turned her back and decided not to go after her. But before she could even make up her mind, she felt her phone vibrating in her pocket.

 

[Yes, I’m free. Wanna stroll the streets together? :))]

 

She smiled sheepishly. And that’s when she knew that she’s totally whipped. ‘What are you doing to me, Tiffany?’

 

***

 

Tiffany noticed that a blonde was standing in a crowd not far away from where she was. Wanting to confirm if her hunch was true, she approached the girl and let out a loud whisper, “Babycake!”

 

The blonde turned around and smiled, showing her pearly white teeth and chin dimple.

‘So it is really her.’

 

Taeyeon felt so shy when Tiffany called her out by that nickname in public. But nobody can deny that she liked it. She went closer to the brunette and murmured, “asdjfhasdkgl.”

 

Tiffany raised her eyebrow. “What?”

 

Taeyeon bit her lip while looking down. She sighed, once again, before uttering incoherently, “Youjustcalledmebabycakeinfrontofmanypeopledontyouhaveanyideawhatyouredoingtome?”

 

Tiffany chuckled. “DORK.” She then pinched Taeyeon’s cheeks. “I didn’t understand a thing.”

 

“Oww! My precious cheeks!” Taeyeon cupped her own face and hissed at Tiffany. ‘Just one touch and my cheeks are already burning.’

 

***

 

A huge crowd filled in the streets as the two walked together.

 

“What’s the commotion all about?” Tiffany mumbl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter