The Melting Point

Romantic Street
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was early in the morning, the sun had just risen, and the crystal clear water from the lake was shimmering as the auburn-haired girl just sat calmly under a tree, admiring the refreshing scenery.

It wasn’t long until her meditation was disrupted by another presence which caught her attention. A female figure came into her senses.

It was a tall girl whose appearance seemed a bit odd, for she was wearing a white cloth with a floral garland on her head. She had a long black hair and a tanned skin tone, her face was beautiful and breath-taking.

Jessica furrowed her eyebrows. She didn’t want to be interrupted at the moment. But the sight of the unseemly human figure made her eyes twitch.

It was times like these when she knew that she was just dreaming.

 

The other girl sat down beside her, not caring if she was wearing a white clothing. She looked at the dreamer intently before smiling.

“It’s been so long, Jessica.” she said softly.

 

Jessica raised an eye-brow, wearing a blank expression. She was always known to have a cold and distant personality especially when it comes to strangers.

 

“How do you know my name?”

 

The girl snickered. “You still haven’t changed.” ‘You’re still that cold-hearted ice princess I once knew.’ 

 

“Do I even know you?”

 

‘You did, actually.’ “Maybe. Maybe not.”

 

“Stop playing with me. I’m kinda freaked out already. You act like you know me too well. Are you a… stalker?”

 

“I’m not playing with you. And I’m not a stalker! Is it even possible to stalk people in a dream?”

 

“That’s the scary part! Why do you keep appearing in my dreams? And only now that you finally showed up yourself face to face.” Jessica’s stern voice filled the air. “You always run away… And then I always forget what you look like.”

 

“Let’s just say that this is a dream, your dream exactly. And no one can ever harm you as long as I’m here.” The girl smiled at her. “I’m always watching you.”

 

At that moment, Jessica felt secure. Her cold heart seemed to have melted right then and there. She didn’t know who this stranger was, but she felt safe, like she was being protected.

 

“Who are you? I still… don’t understand anything.”

 

“You don’t have to…” The girl stood up facing Jessica. She offered her hand and smiled at her.

 

Without a second thought, Jessica took the hand and managed to stand up from the grass.

“Can I at least know your name?”

 

The girl immediately released her hand from Jessica and playfully stuck her tongue out. She then walked backwards and turned around to jump towards the lake.

 

Jessica’s eyes widened. “Oh my gosh!”

She ran towards the shore to check if the girl was fine. Noticing the bubbles surfacing from the water, Jessica thought that maybe, the girl was drowning.

 

Jessica wasn’t exactly a good swimmer, so she just stood there, frozen. She was genuinely worried about the girl, but she felt frustrated that she couldn’t even do anything to save her.

A single teardrop fell down her cheek. She felt like she just lost something important to her, and she had no idea why. Suddenly, a splash of water sprinkled onto her face.

 

The tanned girl swam back to the shore and splashed some more water to Jessica.

 

 

 

 

 

“I knew it! I still have that effect on you!!! Woohoo!”

She was dancing like an idiot, turning around as she threw her hands up in the air, laughing like there’s no tomorrow.

 

Jessica should’ve felt mad, but she wasn’t. In fact, the childish act of this tanned girl even made her smile. And the sight of her perfect figure behind the wet clothing made her frozen.

‘Wow… She has abs.’

 

The girl walked closer to Jessica, smiling as if she knew what’s on the latter’s mind.

 

“Sica… I miss you.”

 

She cupped the cheeks of the dazzled girl and leaned in closer… and closer until their lips touched.

 

Jessica didn’t resist. She’s not the type of girl who just kisses anybody, let alone a stranger. But this tanned girl was something.

Jessica’s heart was beating fast. The moment felt like an eternity. But before she could even pull away to breathe the much-needed air, the voices of her two midget friends started annoying her from a short distance.

 

***

 

Taeyeon was sneaking glances at the girl beside her whenever she had the chance. The only source of light was coming from the wide screen in front of them, and yet, it’s quite amazing how Tiffany glows in her eyes, like she was the only one she could see in the dark.

She huffed in silence, smiling at the thought of Tiffany and her together almost every weekend.

They were watching an animated movie, much to their liking. The movie theatre was filled with kids together with their families, and of course, couples who were secretly cuddling.

 

Tiffany was trying to hold back her squeals whenever the cute yellow characters, which were called the minions, would appear.

“Omo! They’re sooo cute!!!” She whispered in a high pitch. She grabbed Taeyeon’s forearm which was on the handrest between them, and squeezed it like a plush toy.

 

Taeyeon liked it. She was quietly giggling at the sight of Tiffany trying to muffle her squeals while playing with her forearm.

“Cutiepie *cough* is cuter.” Taeyeon mumbled.

 

Tiffany heard it so clearly, but didn’t mind it. Instead, she just let her hand travel from Taeyeon’s forearm to her palms. She held the blonde’s hand nonchalantly, which made the latter blush instantly.

 

The skinship between them had grown natural as time went by. They had been going out constantly, usually on weekends, and still, neither of them had the guts to tell the other their true feelings.

Genuine smiles were painted all over their faces when the movie ended. Their heads were glued together without them noticing it.

 

Taeyeon stretched her arms and turned to look at Tiffany.

“Ba ba ba ba banana…” She started singing, not caring if she looked like a total dork in Tiffany’s eyes.

 

Tiffany, as a response, did likewise, in a higher key. “Ba ba ba ba banana…”

 

They were singing in perfect harmony until a little girl’s voice joined them. “Bananaaaa….. Potato naaaah…”

The girl was unable to finish the lyrics and just stopped when her pare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter