Birthday Wishes

Dreamcatcher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Sungmin was busy sticking little white candles into the cake, careful to avoid any designs in the frosting, but he was running out of room by the time he was at twenty candles and he still had nine more to go.  

            “You should have just lit a torch and been done with it.  Lighting that many candles might melt the cake,” Yesung said, feeling older the more candles kept appearing on his birthday cake.

            “I’m almost done,” Sungmin said.

            “Where are the little ones today?”

            “Well, since you didn’t want to make a big production out of today, I told them to make themselves scarce.  They said they were going to spend the night elsewhere and Kyuhyun looked so excited to leave, I didn’t dare ask.  You know how eccentric he can be.”

            Yesung had a feeling that Sungmin learned more about the maknaes’ relationship from Ryeowook than he learned about it from Kyuhyun, but he was sure that it was better that way.  Although Kyuhyun was certainly a decent person, he still had a mischievous streak that was a bit too wild for his own comfort.  Yesung was happy to be seeing someone a bit more even tempered. 

            “A day without the kids,” he said, grinning.  “I should sneak in their room and raid Kyuhyun’s games.”

            “He locked the room before he left.  He said he didn’t want you playing his games and accidentally deleting his players,” Sungmin said, lighting one candle and using it to light the others. 

            “Bummer,” Yesung said, frowning.

            “There,” Sungmin said.  Then he pulled out his cell phone and hit a number of buttons until he pulled up a video and handed it to Yesung.  The video was of Sungmin, Donghae, Eunhyuk, Shindong, Kyuhyun, and Ryeowook singing him happy birthday and wishing him a special day.  When it was over, Sungmin took it out of his hands.  “Sorry, they all still wanted to acknowledge your day somehow, so this is what we came up with.”

            “They’ll still get me a cake at the concert on Friday, anyway.”

            “Probably,” he agreed , backing away from the cake.  “Now make a wish and blow out the candles.”

            Yesung leaned over the table.  “I already have what I want.”

            Sungmin blushed and lightly smacked him in the shoulder.  “Then wish for something else.”

            He blew out the candles and then swiped his finger into the frosting and tasted it as Sungmin started to remove the candles.  “Now stop that or there won’t be any frosting left when I’m ready to cut it.”

            Yesung dug another finger into the frost

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter