Making Wishes

Dreamcatcher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Dinner didn’t go any smoother, as Kyuhyun and Ryeowook were in one of their lovey-dovey moods, which meant sitting side by side whispering sweet nothings into each other’s ears and feeding each other food.  As soon as they were done eating, Yesung tapped his arm and signaled for Sungmin to follow him.  Kyuhyun and Ryeowook were too wrapped up in each other to realize that they were being abandoned and Sungmin followed Yesung out the door.  

            “I thought I was going to vomit if I had to see any more of that,” Yesung said, shaking his head.  “It’s nice having you with so there’s someone else to hang out with.  Those two can be so annoying sometimes,” he said, heading down the road.

            “Where are we going?” Sungmin asked.

            “Hell if I know,” he admitted, seemingly unconcerned.  “If you see anyplace you want to go into, just let me know.”

            “Okay,” he said, looking around, only remembering a word here and there on the signs. 

            “There’s a bar.  There’s a bookstore but the lights are off.”

            “Well, it is almost midnight.  What about that!  A coffee shop,” Sungmin said, pointing across the street.

            “You just said the magic word,” he said, grabbing onto Sungmin’s extended hand and looking both ways before crossing the street. 

            Sungmin felt like he was floating.  He’s feet wouldn’t have functioned at all if Yesung weren’t pulling him in the direction of the shop.  They ran across the street and Yesung opened the door and placed his hand on Sungmin’s back, guiding him into the café.  They walked up to the counter and began to look over the menu, although most of it just looked like random scribbling. 

            “How do you say cappuccino?”

            Sungmin shook his head.

            “English?”

            The woman behind the counter called for a young girl from the back and pointed to them. 

            “Speak English?” Yesung asked.

            “Yes, I do,” she said, clearly.

            “What do you want?”

            “A vanilla latte,” Sungmin said.

            Yesung grimaced, trying to think.  “Large latte with…van-van…”

            “Vanilla?”

            Yesung nodded.  “And large cap-puck-sin-oh.”

            The girl gave him a puzzled look.  “Cappuccino?” she asked.

            “Yes!” he said, excitedly, grabbing Sungmin’s arm and shaking it excitedly.  “I did it! Whew!  I told him I could speak English!”

            Sungmin smiled and nodded at the lady when she handed him his latte.  Yesung paid the tab and then motioned for Sungmin to follow him back out.  They continued to head down the road.  “They were about to close in a few minutes.  How does it taste?”

            “Perfect,” Sungmin said, sipping his drink.  “Thanks for buying, hyung.”

            Yesung turned around to face him, having been a step or two ahead of him.  “You don’t need to call me that.  The maknaes don’t and they’re younger than you.”

            “They do it out of disrespect, because they’re little brats.”

            “But you’re closer to my age than they are.  You make me feel like an old man saying stuff like that,” h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter