Fulfillment

Dreamcatcher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Sungmin was so nervous, he was nearly sick as he waited for his official reunion with his fellow members.  Some of them were already gone doing their own time serving.  Shindong stood next to him and wrapped an arm around his shoulders. 

            “I’m nervous too.”

            “I can’t even tell what I’m most nervous about.  The cameras, the fans, seeing everyone, or seeing him.”

            “All of them.  Same as me,” he answered, trying to peek out at the assembly from where they stood.  It was hard to do, they were to wait there so that no one could see them but there was a partial view of the stage. 

            “I’m glad that I have you with me so I’m not going through this alone," Sungmin admitted.

            “Same with me, it makes it easier to go together.”

            “It makes me feel bad for Youngwoon and Heechul and Jeongsu and Jongwoon, since they all went alone and no one else has.”

            “True.  I would have gone alone if you didn’t go early, so that was a relief.”

            “And Donghae and Hyukjae get to be together, that’s hardly fair, is it?”

            “And poor Siwon is stuck with them,” Shindong said, standing up on his tiptoes to look over the fence again.  “And the maknaes will go together next year.  Man do I feel bad for the poor bastards that have to serve with them.  They’re going to terrorize people.”

            “But it won’t be us!”

            “That’s going to be weird too—there’s only our hyungs and the spoilt maknaes in the group at the moment.  Awkward!”

            “I don’t think it’s awkward,” Sungmin objected. 

            “That’s because you’re dating one of them,” he said.

            “Why does that make a difference?”

            “Because the hyungs and maknaes will think twice before messing with you or they’ll answer to Jongwoon,” he explained.  “He’s not afraid of any of them.”

            Sungmin smiled to himself, thinking of his boyfriend coming to his rescue against the other members.  “Aside from the group activities though, I think I won’t see any of them often enough to be picked on.  Yesung said Kyuhyun and Ryeowook moved out of the apartment.”

            Shindong’s eyebrows rose.  “What he failed to tell you is they only moved to a different floor and that they just go from apartment to apartment bugging everyone.  Man, am I ever glad I don’t have to deal with that.  And Jongwoon sees them more than Teuk or Heechul, since they get away with bugging him more.  I think it’s because he’s still dependent on Wookie feeding him though.  Now that you’re back, he won’t put up with it, I’m sure.”

            One of the event coordinators walked up to them and ushered them towards the stage and went over the brief press conference sequence.  It was only going to last ten or fifteen minutes but that seemed like a long time to wait.  He hadn’t seen Jongwoon in almost three years and this was the longest day of his life…and it was only eleven in the morning.

            Finally, the signal came for them to walk onstage and Sungmin was surprised at how quickly his stage persona came back to him, he plastered a big old smile across his face—which was easy when he was in such a good mood—and waved to the fans.  The other members rushed over to greet them and he was surprised to find that Kyuhyun was the first one to reach him and practically tackled him.  He wrapped his arms around Sungmin and squeezed tight. 

            “Hi!”

            “You’re doing this just to piss Jongwoon off, aren’t you?” Sungmin asked, smiling in amusement.

            “What?  Me?  No, I’m just the happiest to see you!” he claimed.  “And our KyuMin fans have been in withdrawal with no moments between us for the last twenty-some months!”

            With that, he kissed Sungmin on the forehead before Yesung grabbed him by the back of his shirt and pulled him away.  “My turn,” he said, shoving Kyuhyun in Shindong's direction.

            Sungmin just about melted into a puddle as he got his first good look at his boyfriend in a long, long, long time.  Jongwoon was back to blonde hair, which he looked utterly hot in, and appeared to have been working out a bit more, since his short-sleeved shirt failed to hide his upper arms completely.  He had to remind himself that he couldn’t jump him right then and there. 

            Yesung’s eyes connected with Sungmin's and a smile spread across his face.  He wrapped both arms around Sungmin and whispered into his ear, his hot breath hitting his skin.  “Welcome back.”

            Sungmin held him tight, his fingers gripping the material of his shirt.  Now that he was in Yesung’s arms again, he couldn’t fathom how he was supposed to release him, even for a few minutes.  But when Jongwoon did pull away, he still kept one arm around him.  And when Ryeowook came over to greet him, he just dealt with getting half a hug and didn’t force Sungmin away from his boyfriend. 

            “I missed you!”

            “I missed you too,” Sungmin said to his best friend.

            “I have so much to tell you,” Ryeowook said, laughing when he looked back over at Heechul and Kyuhyun harassing Shindong. 

            “You can tell him all about it tomorrow,” Yesung said.  “Remember, he’s all mine today.”

            Sungm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter