Questions

Dreamcatcher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

           Sungmin should have known when Ryeowook suggested that they have lunch—just the two of them—that it would turn into an inquiry.  How often did Ryeowook and Sungmin spend time alone without Kyuhyun there?  The two never seemed to tire of one another.  No, if Ryeowook wanted to go shopping and have lunch with Sungmin, then it was for a reason.  The sneaky part was, he always knew the right time to start asking questions.  He waited until after a couple hours of clothes shopping, once they sat down to have lunch, got their drinks, and their food order was taken.  Then he was mixing his smoothie with a straw and looked across the table at Sungmin, smiling wide.

            “So…how are things going with Jongwoon?”

            Sungmin had just taken a gulp of his ice tea and began to choke.  He managed to swallow it down without spitting it out but he was left coughing for a minute.  Before he had the chance to ask Ryeowook what he was talking about, faking ignorance, Ryeowook continued drilling him.

            “I noticed last week that you two didn’t get home until about sunrise but I didn’t think too much of it until I noticed that you two have been spending a lot of time together…at night…in your room…sleeping.”

            Sungmin laughed nervously and looked out the window at the people walking by.

            “And other non-sleeping activities,” he finally added before leisurely sipping his drink.  He continued to stare Sungmin down.

            Sungmin finally looked back and gave him a weak smile.  “Everything’s going well.”

            Ryeowook gave him a pointed look.  “You don’t really think I’m going to let you leave it at that, do you?”

            “No, I just,” he said, beginning to fold and ball up his paper napkin, “I don’t know what any of it really means yet.”

            “What happened first?  Did he say something or did you?”

            “Well, he took me out to watch the meteor shower with him last week.”

            “And?”

            “We didn’t spend much time watching them.”

            “Did you tell him you’ve liked him…for a really, really long time now?”

            “Not yet,” Sungmin admitted.  “I didn’t have to say anything.  He made the first move.”

            Sungmin knew he was starting to blush just thinking of that first night.  And every night since.  Yesung had become so attentive and sweet since they began seeing one another, it made a couple years of longing seem like nothing.

            Ryeowook smiled, “Aaaah!  You’re so cute, Minnie.”

            “I don’t know how I can be so lucky,” he said, taking a deep breath to steady his emotions.

            “Well, you certainly deserve to be happy,” Ryeowook continued.  “So, are you officially dating or just seeing each other or what?”

            Sungmin shook his head.  “We haven’t actually talked about it.”

            “Well, he hasn’t told anyone that you two are dating, so you should probably clarify things at some point.  It’s always nice to know if the person your with is still seeing others or not, but I assume—since he’s spending all his free time with you—that you’re the only one he’s dating.”

            “We were actually trying to be discreet,” Sungmin said.  “I kind of wanted him all to myself for a while, without having to answer all these questions.  You’re really observant, Wookie.”

            “And remember that,” Ryeowook warned, pointing his finger at Sungmin.  “I can always sniff out the truth, so don’t even think about keeping anything from me.”

            “Now that you know though, I kind of like having someone to tell everything to.  Did you tell Kyuhyun as well?”

            Ryeowook shook his head.  “Nah, he’ll eventually figure it out but Kyuhyun doesn’t notice stuff like that.  I won’t say anything if you don’t want me to.”

            Sungmin smiled to himself.

            “So,” Ryeowook asked, leaning forward and lowering his voice, “how is it?”

            “He’s amazing,” S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter