A String of Bad Luck

Dreamcatcher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            What sounded like heaven—Yesung staying at the apartment instead of spending most of his spare time with his family—soon turned into hell for Sungmin.  It wasn’t that he didn’t want the man he’d loved for so long to be near him, but being this close and yet so far, was pure torture.  Each day seemed to yield a new unexpected situation that threatened to reveal his feelings to Yesung:

 

            Sungmin was playing music on his computer as he read stories online, so he didn’t hear when Yesung tried to knock on his door repeatedly and he finally just let himself in, peaking his head into the room.

            “Hey, Min!”

            Sungmin jumped about a foot in his seat and immediately slammed his laptop shut.  “Hey!”

            Yesung started laughing as he walked into the room.  “I didn’t catch you watching or something, did I?”

            Sungmin shook his head.  “No, um…just some mail that…never mind.  What’s up?”

            “I’m headed to the café.  Did you want me to bring you back anything?”

            “Sure.”

            “A latte?”

            “Yeah, thanks.”

            “I’ll be back in a little while,” he said, beginning to close the door.  “Have fun reading your mail.”

            Sungmin ran his hand through his hair in frustration as soon as he heard the apartment door close.  He then reopened his computer and began reading where he left off.

            ...Sungmin moaned loudly as Yesung slipped his hand down his...

 

 

            Early one morning, Sungmin was in the mood for something sweet and began to make some berry pancakes.  As he was facing the stove, flipping pancakes, two arms slipped around his waist.  Even without turning around, he knew who it was.  Yesung rested his head on Sungmin’s shoulder and looked down at the pan, sniffing the air.

            “You woke me up,” he said, his voice even lower and rougher than normal from sleeping.

            “I’m sorry,” he sincerely apologized.  “I meant to be quiet.”

            “I didn’t wake up from the noise.  The smell woke me up.  I kept dreaming about breakfast until I woke up and realized someone was cooking.”

            Sungmin smiled.  “Do you want some?”

            “I reeeaaally want some,” he said, tightening his grip on Sungmin and kissing his cheek playfully.  “A whole stack of them.”

            “I suppose I could share some with you.”

            “Mmmm," he moaned, inhaling the aroma, “I really love you.”

 

 

            Late one evening when Sungmin returned home from a recording, he was too wired to sleep immediately and sat down in the dark living room and the television, flipping through the channels until an old drama that looked vaguely interesting caught his eye and he just sat there watching it.  About twenty minutes later, Yesung returned home from going out with his brother.

            “What are you watching?”     

            Sungmin shrugged. 

            “Do you want something to drink?  I’m heading into the kitchen.”

            “Milk.”

            A few minutes later, he returned with a glass of milk, a soda, and a bowl of popcorn and sat down next to him, not really intending to stay but getting into the show within a few minutes.  He offered Sungmin some popcorn and set the bowl between them.

            Being rather tired, at some point he remembered  halfwa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter