Latte

What's left behind

 

Seunghyun knows that Jiyong is pissed but he doesn't care. He know that he loves him. The necklace is proof and the way that his face dropped when he was caught in a lie. He can see hurt in Jiyong's eyes and it kills Seunghyun to see him in such a state. 
 
It makes him wonder what makes him so sad. Why does he always push him away? He knows that Jiyong loved the night that they met and they probably would have spent every waking moment together if time permitted. 
 
Seunghyun only has 48 hours, so he is going to use his time well. He doesn't care what the two days installs, he just wants to talk to him. If Jiyong doesn't really want him... he wants to hear it sincerely not with balled fist and a fake frown. The mad looks really doesn't suit Jiyong and it's surprising. 
 
The first time he came back he thought that he was joking. The yelling and the whole welcome customer bit...and how he was using him. He knew it was a lie as soon as his volume went up. Yea, he barely knows the man but yet he still feels so connected. When they made love they combined mind body and soul and when they both came they were connected forever in a bond. He has never felt so passionate about a person in his life. 
 
He would sell his toy collection just to be with him. At this state he is willing to do any thing and no one can stop him. A prime example was at the airport. Daesung probably still thinks that the younger is still hiding out in Seoul when really he did get on a flight to NYC. It will be a short trip but it's worth missing the CF he is scheduled for, the promo interviews, and the Vogue photo shoot. 
 
TOP is so powerful missing a couple of appointments can easily be rescheduled. In Korea  TOP doesn't get scheduled. People make the time for TOP. Just his name alone generates millions of Won just having him in an advertisement. Magazines get sold out in seconds. Seunghyun has nothing to worry about. 
 
Still it boggles him with thoughts of  his manager's behavior. He has known the man to be secretive at times but never out right demanding and yelling in public. The way he scolded him just makes things sketchy...
 
While Seunghyun is in deep thought Jiyong is in a mix of emotions. He doesn't know what to do. He knows it won't be easy getting Seunghyun to leave. It seems like his lies are almost worthless now. The way the older is patiently waiting for his latte. The warm smiles are driving him crazy. He has never been so happy to look at their coffee marchine in the corner. He starts warming the milk and  then starts to text his sister. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Jiyong puts his phone away and takes out the milk and continues to fix the latte. Normally he would make a cute design with the foam but he doesn't bother. He wants to keep all feeling out the door. What is keeping him going at the moment is that his sister is on her way. With her there he can be a little stronger. 
 
The Cafe door swings open and slams against the wall. Dami didn't mean to make such an entrance but knowing Seunghyun is there she had to hurry. She looks over and sees the familiar face. Seunghyun makes eye contact at the red faced Noona and smiles. Dami quickly looks the other way and starts to take off her many layers to assist her brother. 
 
Jiyong hands his sister the mug. "This is it..." 
 
Dami can see that her brother could break at any moment. The stress is almost too much for Jiyong being seven months. "I will give it to him and tell him to leave..." 
 
Jiyong stops his sister by grabbing the back of her sweater. She turns around with a questioning look. "Noona...just let him drink it...I just want to look at him from here...just for a little bit..." Dami looks down at the trembling hands. "Ji can you handle it? He is literally feet away from you..." 
 
"I can do it...if he gets up or comes too close I will leave the room..." Jiyong is not even sure if he will be able to move. Those dark eyes grab him each and every time...like under a spell. 
 
Dami walks from behind the counter to go to Seunghyun's booth. She places the Latte down and Seunghyun smiles up at her. "Thank you noona.." 
 
She makes a frown. "I'm not your Noona...don't you see that Jiyong doesn't want you here...you need to leave after this.." 
 
Seunghyun notices the same habits of Jiyong and knows she is just covering for him. He can only be patient. "He is wearing the necklace Noona." 
 
Dami gets mad at him calling her his older sister. "He just likes expensive jewelry..." 
 
"Sorry Dami but you and your brother need a better story.." He takes a sip of his Latte. "Hmmm he made this so well." Dami doesn't know what to do now. It's like talking to a brick wall. Nothing is getting through. 
 
She goes back around the counter. Jiyong heard the whole conversation so he doesn't need to be filled in. He whispers to his noona. "What do we do...he is on to us now..." 
 
Dami leans against the sink. "Well we have always been terrible at lying." 
 
Jiyong makes an annoyed face and whines. "Noooona...this is serious..." 
 
"I know I know but this isn't easy Ji...how the hell are going to get him out now..?" 
 
Jiyong shrugs his shoulders. "Maybe we can play him...tell him to come back tomorrow but really close the shop for a couple days?" 
 
Dami frowns. "Can we afford to close for a couple days?"
 
"I don't know if we can but this is not a situation to really think. I say lock him out..." 
 
Dami crosses her arms and sighs. "Okay...if you say so. How are you going to convince him?" 
 
"Attempt to be a perfect liar." Jiyong rubs his belly softly as Ji Hyun moves around in the womb. Dami chuckles. "Ji Hyun really likes the drama?" 
 
Jiyong laughs lightly. "Ever since his father came here...he hasn't stopped moving. It is as if he knows who his father is already..." He rubs his tummy again. 
 
Dami sighs. "Oh I wish you two could be together..." 
 
"I know...but my child and our safety is more important..." 
 
Seunghyun finishes his coffee and Dami comes back over to the table with lightening speed with the check. Seunghyun hands her a card. She quickly grabs it but is pulled back by Seunghyun's grasp on the other end. "Why are you in such a hurry..." 
 
"Because..." She snatches the card and runs over to the register. Seunghyun stands up and walks closer to the counter. Jiyong moves to the other side to where his belly is not showing at all. "Ji can we talk?" Seunghyun smiles at Jiyong and the younger doesn't back. "Not today...let's talk...tomorrow..." says the younger with a flat tone.
 
Seunghyun shakes his head. "Let's talk today...I really want to see you...I just want to know why you keep pushing me away..." 
 
"Tomorrow..." Jiyong frowns again with the emotions of fake and pain. 
 
Sadly Seunghyun falls for it. "Okay. Let's talk tomorrow. When should I come over?" 
 
"Anytime.." 
 
Seunghyun smiles. "Thank you. Thank you Jiyong ah. I really want us to talk.." Dami walks over. "Here's your receipt customer." Seunghyun smiles again and bows. "Thank you Noona." 
 
"I'm not your sister." She frowns again. 
 
"Of course...bye Jiyong...bye Noona" Seunghyun smirks and turns around. He hears curse words muttered behind him but he doesn't care. He gets to really talk to the man he has been trying to get a hold of the past 7 months. 
 
The door closes and Jiyong can finally breathe. The whole time Seunghyun was there he was tense. He could not breathe in his presnese. Feeling his baby kicking to his father's voice hurt him even more. He wants Seunghyun to know and wishes that they really did have a talk the next morning. 
 
Dami goes to lock the door after the last customer leaves. She goes up to the booths and closes all the blinds. They normally don't close them but for tomorrow they really want to live as ghost. Dami really wants Jiyong to keep his strong front and not crack. 
 
She then goes to her brother and puts a hand to his belly. Jiyong smiles. "He is still moving.." 
 
"Yea I can feel him. I can't wait to meet him."
 
"Me too. I wonder how he will turn out." 
 
"He will be beautiful" 
 
////////////////////////9am////////////////////////
 
Seunghyun is back  at the Cafe. When Jiyong said anytime the older took advantage. Last night he barely slept in his luxury  six thousand count bedding. He could only think about Jiyong and his whole attitude that is obviously not real. The older goes up to the door and pulls on it...but it's locked. He looks at the store hours and it says opens from 7am to midnight on weekdays. Seunghyun checks his watch again and the time is right. It's two hours after opening and the doors is still locked. He walks by the windows and sees the blinds are closed. 
 
The older decides to just wait because maybe they slept in and they will open soon. 
 
//////////////////////10am//////////////////////
 
It's ing cold and Seunghyun is still outside. It's now three hours past opening and not one person has come to the door to open it. Seunghyun like a dummy didn't think to use his phone. Now that his fingers are almost numb he decides to do the smart thing and text Jiyong.
 
Jiyong is not sleeping upstairs. Actually he has been looking outside at the freezing man the whole time. He had a feeling Seunghyun would come early to the shop. He watched him get out the taxi...pull on the door, check his watch, look at the closed blinds, check his watch again to then waiting like fool in the negative degree temp. outside. After an hour Jiyong was close to going down there but fear stopped him and his hates it. He sees that the older is texting him...of course he would be. Jiyong chuckles to himself as he watches the man texting. "Pabo...why didn't you text when got out of the taxi..."
 
Jiyong leans closer to the window and continues to look out. He puts his hand on the window and gently traces the small figure below him. He can never forget that warm embrace from when they first met...
 
Jiyong jumps out of his thoughts to hear his phone buzzing. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Jiyong looks at the last message as tears fall on his phone screen. He hates this. Jiyong throws the phone on the sofa and walks to his kitchen. He takes a six pack of chocolate pudding and rips one open. When he is upset or depressed he tends to binge and not on the healthiest foods. Dami comes into the apartment...she saw the text war and figured her brother lashed out at him again. 
 
She stares at the pudding cups and sighs. She pats her hand on the sofa. "Come here Jiyong ah" 
 
Jiyong walks over with his pudding and takes a spoon full. "I hate this!!" He shouts. Dami rubs her brothers shoulder. "Don't worry baby brother. We are here to support you. We love you so much. Ji Hyun loves you too." Jiyong looks down at his belly and frowns. "I wish....I wish..I wish I would have got rid." Dami cuts him off
 
"Don't you dare Ji...what happened happened...we just need to get through. You have come so far. Don't break on me...stay strong. Hm?" She rubs his stomach gently. "Ji Hyun loves you so much." 
 
Jiyong breaks down. Tears start to flow. "I don't even know Noona. I can't move it can't think...I can't do anything knowing that he is leaving again...and maybe this time for good. Noona why did this evil company have to cast this spell on me. I feel like ing Cinderella..." 
 
"Calm down....ne?" says his sister in a soothing voice. "You are doing just fine. You managed to get your pudding stash...you are thinking just fine and you can still move. You can still function Jiyong you just have to get your mind on the right track. Yea this is not a easy situation. Trust me it is not...but we can do this. You can do this. Be strong for the baby." 
 
Jiyong throws his hands up. "Be strong for the baby. Be strong for the baby...what if I can't be strong...what if I'm a terrible parent to my child...because when this baby comes out he will remind me of him. I'm not sure if I will love it or hate it....I don't want to be one of those parents noona...it scares me..." 
 
Dami walks over to her brother and pulls him into a hug. "You will be a perfect parent. You will be amazing..." 
 
Jiyong sniffles into his sister's shoulder. "Noona?" 
 
"Hmm Ji?" 
 
"Thank you..." 
 
"Anytime..." 
 
///////////////////////StopnGo Convience Store////////////////////////
 
Seunghyun needs to get his mind off things. He doesn't want to go into a bar or pub...he just wants a six pack of beer to unwind. He can't get his mind around JIyong rejecting him in such a way. He lied again and this time going below the belt locking up the store for the day. He just doesn't get it. 
 
He goes over to the freezer to look at the beer. Since he is so tall he can see over the aisles. Out the corner of his eye he sees a familiar shape. He looks over and sees YoungBae in the next aisle over with his girlfriend Dara. He Was about to say Hi but stopped when he heard an interesting conversation. 
 
"He uses a lot of lotion..." 
 
"Well he doesn't want stretch marks..." 
 
"Yea true. It's still so crazy how it happened. How many months is he again?" 
 
YoungBae laughs. "Jiyong is a full 7 months pregnant." The two pick up the lotion and head to the register full of smiles. Seunghyun on the other hand is in shock. "Pregnant?" He whispers to himself..." 7months..." The older almost wants to laugh at the conversation. There is no way Jiyong is pregnant. But it has been 7 months since they last seen each other.. "Holy ..." Seunghyun puts a hand to his mouth in shock. 
 
the beer.
 
He needs some answers. 
 
He swiftly walks out of the store unnoticed and waits on the side for the couple to come out. He didn't want to confront them in the store. The couple comes out and Dara is the first to recognize the idol. YoungBae looks over and almost drops his bag...he quickly recovers with a smile. "Hey man....you are back again?" 
 
Seunghyun is just confused.. "Bae...is Jiyong pregnant?" 
 
YoungBae is caught a little off guard due to the bluntness of his question. "Where you in there?" 
 
"I heard it all...seven months." 
 
"We were talking about a girl...not a guy...guys can't get pregnant..." 
 
"Stop lying...I"m sick of the lies...he pregnant...that's why he has been hiding...right?" 
 
YoungBae can't lie to the man anymore. "It's true." say the man quietly. Seunghyun gets closer."I need to see him...please Bae...Is the baby mine?." YoungBae makes a scared look. He knows that Seunghyun shouldn't even know this information, but the sadness and excitement is clear in his eyes. He has no choice. "Well you will have to ask him that...we went to the store to buy him some stuff..." He hands the bag to the older. "You can get in the Cafe with these..." He hands the older the spare keys. 
 
Just like that Seunghyun has the keys that will lead him to Jiyong. Whether the baby is his or not he is going to get some answers. The older man makes a dash to the nearest stop light. 
 
Dara and Bae are now in freak out mode. "Baby should we tell him he's coming?" 
 
"No...I think that this needs to happen..." 
 
"What about the contract...?"
 
"Well since hyung knows...he should be able to fix things." 
 
"And if not..." 
 
"I will buy a gun...no one is touching our family..." 
 
"Can I get one too." 
 
YoungBae chuckles. "Sure baby....sure..." 

Hey! How are you? Classes are craaaazy but I got motivated to write. I'm going to update. Fine Line and HeartBEat too. Stay tuned and leave a comment thanks for reading. Your feedback really helps me to write these chapters.