Six months

What's left behind

 

Hey all how are you?? Thank you for reading! I enjoy your comments. Please leave your feedback this really helps me to write chapters that you all enjoy. Love! Btw are you all having troubles with the spell checker too? It's acting weird...

 

 

Jiyong is now six months pregnant. His belly has grown and it's a little rounder but Jiyong's body is still small. Dami makes fun of him because it looks like a basketball is sitting under his shirt. Because his belly has grown he had to increase his hoodie collection. You name it and he probably has every tourist like hoodie on the block. He has plenty of the I love NYC ones in every single color. 
 
The hoodies do make Jiyong frustrated at times, but he loves the comfort. He doesn't understand how some women have clothes hugging their belly all the time. When a pregnant person's stomach grows the skin tends to itch...mainly because the skin is dry. Jiyong's mother has brought her son loads of coco butter because it supposedly helps with stretch marks. Jiyong listens and does as his mother tells him. He makes sure to walk in the mornings around the block with his best friend YoungBae or Dara if he's busy at the bar. Everyone does their part and it makes JIyong happy. 
 
Yea things may seem normal now but every one still remembers what is at risk. They will have to raise this child as if the father is non existent. Which is saddening for Jiyong's parents because in Korean culture family is always number one. It is very rare to not have the father present when their spouse is expecting a child. Jiyong knows of these customs but the American ways help him to not fret about it too much. He is happy that him and baby have a place to live and not have to worry about money. 
 
Jiyong still works behind the counter and if the cafe gets busy for some weird reason, he will put on a bigger hoodie and take some orders. Some people have glanced at his belly compared to his small frame, but it's nothing that gets Jiyong nervous. He is great with people so he can make them believe anything. The neighborhood thinks that he drinks beer all day...which is the cause of his belly. Jiyong still has not heard a word from Seunghyun since the last time he came in. He figured he said the right words to push him away. The man hated yelling at the one that he loves so dearly. Pushing away the father of your child is nothing any one wishes. 
 
Jiyong is sitting in his living room with a random bowl of food he put together. His cravings have been enhanced ever since he hit five months. Dami walks into the apartment and Jiyong looks over. He sees his sister with that dreaded bottle of lotion. He hates the smell of Coco butter. 
 
"Noona I did it yesterday." Jiyong whines. The TV is blaring in the background and Dami still walks in. She grabs the remote off the coffee table and turns down the TV. "I"m surprised you are not deaf with this damn thing..." Jiyong speaks with a mouth full of weirdness. "It's my TV..." Dami makes a face. "Aish chew with your mouth closed..." Jiyong looks back at the TV and takes another bit of his food. "You asked." 
 
Dami sighs and knows that she is dealing with a pregnant person. She doesn't want him to get upset. He doesn't get mood swings but every now and then he will get a little snappy. "Jiyong ah we need to put lotion on your belly. " 
 
Jiyong puts the bowl down. "Aish you and Mom keep bothering me about this lotion bit. I have never used so much lotion in my life. Do you know how awkward this is for me..."  Dami scoots closer. "Well this is not just for you. it's for baby. He is going to keep growing so we want things to be perfect inside and out. We are just helping you Jiyong ah..trust me this was a little awkward too but we need to get over this. I changed your diapers when you were a baby. What's the difference now." 
 
"I'm a grown man that's the diff..Yah!" Jiyong moves back when his sister tries to lift his shirt. His sister laughs. "Come on just pull it up just a little. This won't take long okay." Jiyong sighs and lifts his shirt. "The thing I do for you crazy women. " Dami puts some lotion on her hands. "I'm doing this for you. You will not like stretch marks Ji." 
 
"Fine fine..." Jiyong turns up the TV while his sister puts lotion on his small belly. The belly is now starting to take form and it's exciting seeing her brother go through changes. Jiyong's hair has been gowning faster, his skin glows and his mood....well his mood is pretty good for a pregnant man.. The different changes are fun to see because Jiyong is not going to grow like a woman. He doesn't have bigger ...everything is still the same except for his belly. 
 
Jiyong starts to fuss because his sister is taking too long. He thinks she enjoys this a little too much. "Are you done yet?" Dami smiles. "Just a little longer. I like being able to feel my nephew through your stomach." Sometimes he kicks back and Jiyong normally is caught off guard. The baby lightly kicks through the stomach and this always makes JIyong giggle. Dami smiles and rubs the tummy again. "He kicked for me" Jiyong brings a hand down and rubs the belly. "See he is done with Aunt rubbing his daddys tummy. Isn't that right Ji Hyun...?" He rubs his tummy again and his sister lights up to the name. "You named him?" 
 
"Ne...I thought about it last night. His Korean name will be Kwon Ji Hyun...and his American name will be Victory." 
 
"Victory?" Dami makes a face. "How about Viktor we could call him Vick." 
 
Jiyong chuckles "You can still call him Vick with the name Victory. I want to name him Victory because he needs a strong name. I want him to grow up and do what ever he wants to do. I never want him to be afraid of anything or any body." Dami likes the meaning of the name and doesn't push the subject. "Well if that's the reason I love the name. Come on let's get some dinner at Mom's." Jiyong nods and turns off the TV. He shimmies off the sofa and follows his sister out of the apartment. 
 
Since the Cafe is closed now Jiyong wears regular clothes. The sight of his belly is something that they all are use to. They walk out of the apartment and walk three doors down. Dami walks in and her and her brother take off their shoes. JIyong has been having a little trouble with his lace ups because his belly is starting to get in the way. "Noona...help..." Dami Chuckles and bends down to help her brother out of his shoes. "Aiigo so cute with your tummy aigo" She presses her head to her brothers belly. "You are growing well Ji Hyun ah" She then stands and they go to the small living room. 
 
Mr. Kwon is sitting in his regular spot while Mrs. Kwon is finishg up with dinner. Jiyong makes his way to the kitchen to help his mom while Dami takes a seat on the sofa. She is not much of a cook so she stays from the kitchen. Their mom still nags her about being a good Korean wife but Dami just lets it go through the other ear. 
 
///////////////Dinner/////////////////
 
The family is now all sitting around the round table. There is a mix of Korean and American food sitting in the middle. They normally don't all eat together so when they do their mom tries to accommodate to their taste. Jiyong has been on this spinach craze so Mrs. Kwon made sure that there was plenty of salad and always plenty of bread unless she wants a war on who gets the last one. 
 
They have already passed out all the food and everyone is digging in. Mr. Kwon is a huge fan of dinner talks so he always tries to talk about something interesting . Jiyong and Dami are use to the talks...well more like lectures because they are always too busy eating. 
 
"So Jiyong ah I hear you have a baby name.. Dami texted me the news." 
 
Jiyong smiles at his father. "Ne it will be Kwon Ji Hyun and Victory for his American name." 
 
Mr. Kwon smiles. "Nice names son... but why not name him Seunghyun if you are going to call him Victory of American name?" The father then puts his hand to his head. "Sorry son...forgot." Jiyong pats his dads shoulder. "You didn't do anything wrong Appa. As much as I do want to name him after his father I have to think about his safety and ours. The name Seunghyun would be too dangerous. I put Hyun in his name to have a little bit of his father in him. The Victory will also be another part of daddy but he will never know that." 
 
Dami looks up. "So you never plan on telling him he has a father at all?" 
 
Jiyong shrugs his shoulders. "Since the baby will not be able to understand such topics until a couple years. I'm just going to wait things out until it's time." 
 
Mrs. Kwon nods her head. "That is smart son but also you need to think about it....because you never know what will happen in the future son. Who knew you would be pregnant." 
 
Jiyong puts his head down and fiddles with the necklace that Seunghyun gave him...he never takes it off. "Ne you are right. I never even knew I would get this way...my baby will live a happy life...but it hurts me so much he can't get to know his father." A tear falls from his face and Dami wipes it away. "It's okay Jiyong ah. What you have in that belly of yours is the greatest gift from the heavens." The baby kicks in Jiyongs stomach. "Baby agrees too." 
 
The family continues to eat and they ignore the talks of the baby's father. Dami told them what happened that night when Jiyong was three months pregnant and this made them feel even worse. They are happy that the baby is not harmed but they hate that Seunghyun has a child that he will never know. They want to some how reach out to him and they don't care if they get deported. Well, Mrs. Kwon doesn't agree because she doesn't know what the company will do to them. They treated their son so bad that day....they were not kidding.
 
/////////////////////The next morning/////////////////////
 
Jiyong wakes up in his bed on his side. He can't sleep on his belly anymore because of Ji Hyun but is not too much of an adjustment. He has an appointment with the doctor today so he makes sure that he is lotioned up and drugged up. The vitamins really helped with the fatigue so he now can go through a whole day with out getting too tired. Since he can't go the bar anymore he has had to find time to hang out with both Dara and YoungBae. Jiyong still does his morning walks but on weekends he takes a rest. YoungBae walks into the apartment with his spare key in hand. "Ji...you awake." The man shouts through the apartment." Jiyong  rolls out of bed with his white tank and boxers. He walks over to the door frame. "I'm wake now.." Jiyong murmurs as he goes to the bathroom. 
 
YoungBae notices the growing belly and he gets excited to spoil his honorary nephew. Jiyong loves the feeling of having baby in his belly. Ji Hyun likes to do his morning wiggles while his daddy is getting ready. When the shower cuts on or the toilet flushes baby wakes up and moves around. Jiyong loves that there is another version of him growing inside. He puts his hand to his belly to calm the hyper fetus. "Calm down baby. Daddy is just brushing his teeth." The fetus calms down and Jiyong finds it so cool that the baby can respond to his voice so well. 
 
He comes out of the bath room to find his friend sleeping on the couch. YoungBae normally has late nights so the morning are a little rough for him as well. Jiyong goes to his room and throws on a neon green I love NY hoodie and puts on his hat, the Seunghyun's scarf and gloves. He walks over to the sofa and kicks his friend in the leg which earns a yelp. "Yah! Man that's my leg." Bae reaches down to rub his leg. "Does this mean you are ready" He yawns into his hand. "Yea yea  I'm ready to go." They both leave the apartment and head down to Bae's car. Jiyong gets in the front seat and buckles in while Bae puts the car in drive. 
 
/////////////////////Dr.Park's////////////////////////
 
The gel like liquid is squirted onto Jiyong's stomach. Dr. Park takes the ultra sound and runs it over his belly. He turns the screen to Jiyong. "Look this is your baby now. This is his head...and this is his foot...and there is his little ."  Jiyong loves seeing his baby through the screen and it makes him more excited to meet him. 
 
Dr. Park takes a few pictures of the fetus and turns off the device. He then pulls out the chart. "So here we go. routine questions....how are you feeling?" 
 
Jiyong thinks a bit. "I'm not nauseous any more. I don't get mood swings as much...and my...." He blushes a little. "My feel a little tender..." 
 
YoungBae laughs a bit. "Don't be embarrassed man." 
 
"Well this is a little different...." 
 
The doctor then walks up to Jiyong and pulls up his shirt. Jiyong watches as the doctor puts on some gloves and then reaches out to put a hand on his left . Jiyong winces when he feels the man kneading in some places. Dr. Park then pulls the shirt back down. "Well you will not be getting now but when you give birth you will produce milk. I can feel some glands growing. You will not have huge so when the baby finishes eating your will go back down. So don't worry about having female parts showing up." 
 
Jiyong feels his chest. "It's so sore...." 
 
"You can have your mom or...loved one massage them for you." 
 
Jiyong blushes. "Massage them?"
 
"Ne this will ease the tension a little...YoungBae would you be willing"
 
Both of the men turn up their faces. "Sorry man but...that's a little awkward..." 
 
Jiyong nods. "Yea we are best friends but...not that close...plus no telling where those hands have been." 
 
"Yah!" 
 
Jiyong smirks and the doctor laughs at the two men. Well is the father still unreachable. The two men stop laughing. Dr. Park doesn't know of their situation. He has no idea what kind of trouble Jiyong is in. 
 
Jiyong shakes his head. "I still can't get a hold of him. He is unreachable." 
 
"Well I could just have a friend search for me...what's his full name." 
 
Jiyong freaks out. "I don't know his full name. I only knew his first name..." 
 
Dr. Park nods. "Well maybe he will make a trip to NY again soon. He really should be here for you..." 
 
Jiyong knows that this upsets Dr. Park but there is nothing they can do. Jiyong just has to keep this secret the rest of his life. He doesn't like lying to people, but for his baby's safety he has to...he wants to. 
 
////////////////////Korea//////////////////
 
Seunghyun is in his managers office waiting for him to come in. He fiddles with his fingers and looks at all the pictures and awards in the room. Soon his manager comes in to welcome his top client. "Hello TOP Shi how can I help you today?" 
 
"Well Manager Kang I want to take a trip to NYC. Is there room in my schedule?" 
 
His hyung looks through their schedule and looks at the weeks ahead. His schedule is truly packed but there is a week where there is a gap opening. Manager looks up and shakes his head. "I'm afraid you are booked for the next four months. Maybe over the summer we can make a trip. Right now we need to get you ready for the FUBU CF" 
 
Seunghyun sighs. "So nothing is free...not even a day?" 
 
"No there isn't even if there was a day in this schedule the company wouldn't permit it. That is too much for your body" 
 
"Well I might make a personal trip then..." Seunghyun really wants to see Jiyong. He wants to seek his forgiveness whether he did right or wrong. Manager Kang knows that Jiyong wants to see him too but he can't afford such things to happen. He wants Seunghyun to stay so busy that he forgets. "Don't make personal trips with out our consent...you know you can't do that Seunghyun Shi....it's in the contract." 
 
Seunghun can't help but feel hopeless. He is being controlled like a rag doll...go here go there do this do that. He just wants to see his love. He wants to pick up where they left off. The younger then stands up and bows. "Well thanks for looking hyung."
 
"It's no problem. I'm here for you Seunghyun Shi. No leaving the country. Okay?" 
 
Seunghyun slowly nods and leaves the room. He's going to see him...whether the company likes it or not...
 
Thank you for reading! Stay tuned for the next Chapter!!