Chapter 9

Opposites Attract

 

School had been boring, there being nothing you were learning you hadn't already knew. You walked toward the lunch room and Kris caught up with you. "Hey --- wanna have lunch together?"

 

"Sure" You smiled

 

You reached the lunch room and got your food, Kris had gone to sit down and save you a seat. But when you got there, someone was in your spot.

 

She looks familiar

 

You walked over with your food, Kris looked up and smiled.

 

"---, this is my girlfriend, Eung San, do you remember?" Kris asked, pointing to the seat across from him. You sat down and nodded.

"Nice to meet you, again."

 

"Oh! Right, I'm sorry about that night! That was totally uncalled for ---, I was just getting home from work and it had been a long day. Can we start over?"

 

She seems nice enough. Even though she was a the other night.

 

"Of course, I'm ---, nice to meet you." Kris looked over at you and gave an apologetic smile, which you felt was not needed.

"Nice to meet you." She smiled.

 

You ate lunch as she and Kris conversed about various things, looking at other things. "Kris since break is coming up why don't we all go somewhere? I know the perfect place, it's a lake. It has a cottage and a little shop there, won't that be fun?" Kris nodded and took a bit of his food. "And of course you have to come ---! It could be the three of us, unless one of you want to invite someone else?"

"I can invite my friend." You blurted out.

 

I've been neglecting him these past few days, might as well apologize.

 

"Perfect, can I have your number so I can text you the details?"

 

You both exchanged numbers then went off to class. You pulled out your phone and wrote a message.

 

New Message: Tao

Hey, I need to talk to you, I'll stop by after work okay?

 

You pressed send and waited for a reply, as you waited you looked at the phone number of the person that had been texting you.

 

It's different, so Eung San wasn't sending me those messages? Then again, people can block their numbers. I'll just have to wait and see.

 

Your phone went off as you walked in the class.

 

1 New Message: Tao

Okay, I need to tell you something too, something important. I'll be at the coffee shop down the street from home, meet me there? See you later :)

 

Class was starting and you couldn't text him back right away.

 

He has to tell me something important, and, I have a feeling I know what he wants to say. I can't do this to him, I still don't know from the last time, and with Kris it might make things worse.

 

"Alright class, turn your books to page 456."

 

You flipped open your book and notebook, ready to take notes. You looked at the bracelet you were wearing and sighed.

 

I have to tell him.

 

Yay! An update!!!!