Chapter 7

Opposites Attract

 

Stay away from MY Kris....or else.

You couldn't stop reading the text over and over again, trying to figure out who sent it to your phone. And how they got your number.

You heard a shift and looked over to see Kris staring at you with sleepy eyes. "What's wrong ---?"

Should I tell him?

He stood and sleepishly walked over to your bed and sat next to you. "Kris?" You started, you gripped the phone tighter. "Yea ---? Is everything alright?" You smiled slightly and nodded. "Could you tell me something? How you ended up where you are now?"

Kris sighed and layed down you looked at him, waiting for an answer.

"When I was young I always wanted to entertain. Sing, dance, you know...that stuff. But my dad didn't think it was a very practical career choice, so instead, he has me working with him selling produce. One day I decided to get out of the house and I ran into a girl. That's the one you met at the park."

You remembered her and tensed up, not from her, but from how coldly Kris had treated you.

"She and I started hanging out more and more, then, I brought her home with me. My dad freaked out, he knew who she was and got mad. Her mother and my dad are old friends, and as I said before, her mom works with entertainment. But once I brought her home and saw my dad, I decided to date her. Not caring about what my dad thought. But something's come up."

"What?"

You waited for him to answer, butterflies filling your stomache.

"You."

You stared at him with wide eyes.

ME?!

The message ran through your head again, yet, you weren't scared now. Well, less scared than you had been.

"Me? But Kris, your girlfriend can help you get to your dreams, what can I do other than stand on the sidelines cheering you on?"

Kris sat up and looked at you. His face came to close to yours, you felt your heart exploding.

"Yes, you. Because of you, I don't care about anything anymore. I mean, sure I'm still going to go after my dream, but, I could do it the way easiest for me. I could do with with someone I really like. And who said she was still my girlfriend?"

He started leaning in closer and closer, his forehead against yours. You couldn't move, it's as if he was holding you down without even touching you. His lips were so close you could feel his steady breaths.

Closer, closer, just a bit more!

"---! We're here!"

So close! Lol subscribe and comment!! ^^