Chapter 3

Opposites Attract

 

You woke up in the morning and found Kris laying down on your floor. You never knew someone could look so peaceful and handsome.

You walked down the stairs and found Kris way in the kitchen. “Morning” You smiled, putting the last pancake on a plate. He nodded and sat down. It was weird, tention in the air, you both just looked at each other, saying nothing. “Pancake?” You asked, already handing him a plate. “Yes please.” He said, having already took a piece into his mouth. You couldn’t help but laugh, turning around to hid your flushed cheeks.

“About last night” Kris began, you turned around to look him in the eye. “I’m sorry. I was out of line, with everything. I didn’t mean to put you in any uncomfortable situation and I wont do it again.” You registered what he said. ‘Sorry?’ You thought.

“Could you please explain to me what happened? And how you know where I live?” You asked, taking a bite of your pancake that had begun to get cold.

Kris sighed. “I had to get away. My dad was nagging me, and that woman-” You tensed up, not wanting to think about her “-Her mother knows my father and is very high up in the music industry. Her mother helps to scout out talent and puts them in the right places. I’m just hanging out with her to make her happy. But, I don’t know how long I can keep it up anymore.”

“Alrigth, I can understand why you were so rude to me now. But, that still doesn’t explain how you know where I live.”

“We used to car pool. Well, my sister and your brother did anyway. I remember tagging along with them every so often, and seeing you through the window. Before everything went hectic.” Kris explained putting his empty plate in the sink.

“What do you mean by that? The hectic part, I mean.” You could feel the knots in your stomache.

“My dad, there have been a few times where I’ve left the house for a while.”

You were shocked. Kris seemed to have a good life, who was this person you were talking too? And who was the man at the market? ‘How can they be the same person? I want to help him, but- no. That idea is too crazy.’ You thought to yourself, clentching your fork.

“I might leave again, but I don’t know if I’ll go back this time. It’s all too confusing, I don’t know what I’m going to do. I’m sorry —-. I’m just ranting aren’t I? I should go, I’m sorry for being a bother.” Kris said making his way towards the door. You hurried and followed him.

“Kris?” You asked, trying to avoid eye contact.

“—-?”

“Um, I know that we don’t know each other that well, and my parents aren’t home because they are busy working most of the time. But, if you ever need a place to stay, for however long you need to-” You were going on and on, you didn’t want to say it, but you had know choice.

“—-?” Kris asked, you turned to look at him and said the unthinkable.

“We have an extra room if you wanted to live here for a while.” The look on his face was complete shock. ‘What did I just do? Now he’s going to think I’m some sort of freak.’

“You don’t need to though. No, it was a stupid thing to say, I’m sorry.” You walked away from a completly dumbfounded Kris and ran upstairs.

 

————————————-

Later that night you were studying in your room when you heard a knock. it was 11:00, ‘Who could be out this late?’ You wondered as you went down to the front door. Slowly you opened it, and you looked up. Your cheeks became flustered and you became curious. Kris was standing infront of you, bag in hand.

“Kris? Wha-?”

“Is that extra room is avalible?” He asked, smile on his face.

Likey? Subscribe and comment!! ^^