Chapter 4

Opposites Attract

 

You stood there in shock. “—-?” Kris asked, already in the house standing behind you. You turned around and saw his bags at the bottom of the stairs. “Is it okay if I saty for a while?” You couldn’t help but nod.

‘He wants to live here? What, how…?’ You thought as you lead him to the extra bedroom. You opened the door, he entered and sat on the bed. “This room is nice. Sorry about the short notice by the way.”

“Oh, it’s fine. You’re not going to bug anyone by being here.” You smiled. ‘Mom and Dad are going to have a Cow when they come over!’ You thought. “Um, so, there is a bathroom through those doors and the closet is right there.” You said motioning to the doors.

“Thanks, I promise I wont be a bother.” He said. You both stood there, you wanted to ask him what had happened that sent him to live with you. But figured that some things were ment to be kept secret.

“Well, it’s late, I’m going to go to bed. Night.” You smiled and went to your bedroom to get your clothes. Nothing like a shower to help you relieve everything that just happened. You got in a stayed until the water ran cold.

When you were done and started to go to your room, the door opened. Causeing you to slip on the floor. “Oh my gosh! —-! I’m so sorry!” Kris said as he helped you up. You could feel your cheeks getting flushed. “It’s ok, don’t worry about it.”

You went to your bedroom and closed the door behind you before flopping onto your bed. “Why am I like this?” You asked. You felt your phone vibrate and pulled it out to find a text from your mom.

—-,

Wont be visiting for a while (we think) Sorry! Love you!

‘So it’s going to be just Kris and I for a while? Great.’ You thought.

All while trying to hide your smile and keep yourself from exploding with excitement.

---

Left. Right. Middle. Maybe if you turn this way?

It was useless trying to sleep. Especially when you knew that Kris was right in the next room. The butterflies in your stomache made you want to dance, almost. You layed down staring at the ceiling when you heard a knock. You sat up and rubbed your eyes.

“Come in” You said half-asleep.

Kris walked in, a shy smile on his face. You smiled back and motioned him to come into your room farther. “What’s up?” You asked. Kris shook his head and looked at you sweetly. “Nothing really. Just wondering if you were awake, I can’t sleep.”

“Seems like we have the same problem.” You chuckled. “Sit.” You said patting the spot next to you. Kris did as told and fit himself on your twin size bed. His arm right up against yours. ”Let’s talk for a bit, see if that helps?”

“Sure, what about?” Kris asked.

You looked around and sighed. “What have you always wanted to do?” You asked.

Kris pondered your question for a bit. “Be a musician. Travel the world with my band and be free.” He looked down, something upsetting him. “But, my father would never approve. He doesn’t like the girl I’m dating either, just because of her mom. They’re friends and all, but, I don’t know.” Now he looked really upset. ‘Bad topic. Don’t bring it up again.’ You made a mental note.

“I’m sorry —-. I’m being all depressing and stuff.” He said, moving from your bed. You grabbed his wrist without thinking. He looked at you as your cheeks went red. “Don’t go?” You asked, letting your hands drop to your lap. He smiled and sat back down. This time, getting under the covers.

Shyly you slid back down under, trying to keep some distance between the both of you.

“What about you —-? What are your dreams?” Kris asked, looking at you.

Even in the dark you could see every feature on his face. The color of his eyes, how his hair was a perfect mess, and his smile.

“I haven’t really thought about it to be honest. All I know is I want to get out of here, see the world-” You looked to Kris and smiled “-Be free.”

“If it were only that easy right?”

You nodded in agreement. “Yea.”

You and Kris spend some time talking about other things until you felt tired. Your eyelids becoming too heavy to keep open.

“Go to sleep —-.” Kris said, your hair.

“But, I can’t.” You said tiredly.

Suddenly you heard a beautiful sound, you looked up and saw Kris was singing very softly. It was the most amazing thing you had ever heard, you tried to stay awake just to hear his voice.

You turned over so you were now laying on his chest.

Although your body was filled with many great feelings that told you to move, you stayed. It was comfortable, to feel his chest move every time he inhaled and exhaled. To feel his warmth not only from his body, but from him as a person himself.

You couldn’t bring yourself to move. You didn’t want too.

This was where you wanted to be…with him.