Chapter 5

Opposites Attract

 

You slowly opened your eyes and looked around, everything was where it should be, except Kris. You looked underneath where you had fallen asleep to see that Kris was gone. You bit your bottom lips as worry came over you, Is this because of last night? You asked yourself, pulling yourself up from the bed.

You heard a knock at the door and turned to see Kris standing in the doorway “Morning sleepyhead. Would it be alright if I asked you to join me for breakfast?” He smiled walking over to pull you from your bed.

“You made breakfast?”

“Yea, pancakes, bacon, and eggs are waiting to meet my good friend. My stomache, and I think yours too.” Kris poked your growling stomache and smiled. You looked at him and returned his smile. “Let’s go eat.”

You could feel your face already turning red as you followed Kris down the stairs and into the kitchen.

Is this really happening?

The smell it you once you reached the bottom of the stairs, and it smelled good. You entered the kitchen and took your seat. Kris placed a full plate infront of you “I hope you like it” He said fixing his own plate.

He walked over and sat next to you, slightly brushing his leg against yours. “Kris, you didn’t have to go through all that trouble. I have frozen waffels in the freezer.” You took a bite of the bacon, you had no idea Kris was such an amazing cook.

“This is my way of thanking you for letting me stay here for the time being.”

You smiled and glanced at the clock.

“Crap!”

You inhaled the rest of your food and rushed upstairs to get dressed. You pulled out a pair of shorts and a simple white T-shirt, once you were dressed you rushed into the bathroom to brush your hair and teeth. You then grabbed your bag and practically flew down the stairs.

Kris stopped you before you reached the door.

“Where are you going —-?”

“School, where else? And, how could you let me sleep in and distract me with such good food. You are cruel Kris.”

He laughed.

You gave him a strange look and crossed your arms.

“What?”

“—-. Today’s Sunday, there is no school.”

You felt your face go cold and tried to comprehend what was just said to you.

“Go back upstairs —-, get ready, and then how about we spend the day together?”

Kris smiled as you made your way upstairs to undo what you had just done.

—-

You should be old enough to realize you can’t go into a shower, get out and forget a towel.

You waited for a minute and tried to think of what you could do, Just ask.

You took in a breath and walked towards the door, your face turning such a shade of red you never knew existed.

“Hey, Kris!?”

“Yea?!”

“Could you come here please?!”

You waited for him to make his way up the stairs, as you did you reminded yourself over and over again to breathe.

Kris came up and stopped once he saw you poking your head out the doorway.

“What is it —-?” He asked, looking away.

“Could you please hand me a towel, I forgot to grab one before I came in, they’re in the closet right there.” You pointed to the closet in the corner. Kris walked over, grabbed a towel, and handed it to you. “Thank you.” You smiled, hoping it would make the situation a little less weird.

“No problem.”

You watched him walk away before shutting the door.

Still trying to calm the butterflies, your body, and, your heart.