Chapter 8

Opposites Attract

 

.

You and Kris pulled away, both your faces were red.

Embarrassing.

"Um, my parents are here." You said as you started towards the door. Kris followed behind silently until you both reached the bottom of the stairs to your parents. "Hi mom, hi dad." You said as you gave them hugs.

"Hi ---! How have you been?"

"Good, oh, this is Kris." You said pointing to Kris who was standing well behind you.

"Nice to meet you Kris, thank you for taking care of our daughter. Feel free to stay as long as you need." You mom said as she made her way into the kitchen. Your dad just stood there looking over Kris. You gave him a look and he walked off to your mom.

"Well that went better than expected." You said as Kris made his way next to you.

"Come on, let's go eat. We have to be at school soon." He said making his way back upstairs.

Right...school.

-------------------

You started heading downstairs to eat breakfast. You had already showered and were ready for the day. Your mom placed a plate of eggs and bacon infront of you.

"Eat up sweetie." You put a fork into the eggs and took a bite. It was the most gross thing you had ever tasted.

"Mom, did you cook this? Cause, it's really bad." She looked at your food and took a bite herself. Even she spit it out. "Sorry sweetie, your dad usually cooks. But he had to leave for work. This is breakfast."

You groaned and looked over at the clock.

6:45

You had a half hour before you had to be at school, and you were starving. You knew how to cook, but your cooking skills were like your moms, bad. You saw something move from the corner of your eye, you looked over and saw Kris looking down at the food. He then walked over to your mom and tapped her shoulder. She turned around and you saw her cheeks turn a little pink.

"May I?" She just nodded and moved out of the way. Kris cleaned out the pans and started cooking all over again. This time making pancakes and sausage. When he was done he placed a plate down infront of you and your mom. "Enjoy." He flashed a smile your way and turned away.

It smells good!

You already knew Kris could cook, but this was better than last time. Even your mom approved of his cooking.

Once you were done you put your plate in the sink and walked over to get your keys. "Bye mom!" You yelled walking out he door. Kris followed behind and took your keys from your hand. You turned around and saw him smiling. "Can I have my keys back please?"

"No."

"Bu-"

"I'm driving you to school, go get in."

He started walking away, you turned around to try and find his car.

I never saw any car when we left for a walk.

You followed him around the corner and saw a black Jeep Wrangler parked.

"This is your car?!"

He just smirked and got into the drivers seat. "Are you getting in?" He asked.

You were just standing there, amazed by his car. Nothing like yours, it was much bigger and nicer.

What are people going to think when they see me in this? With......him?"

Kris reached across and opened the door. "Come on ---. Or we'll be late." You nodded and got in. Kris started the engine, it was quiet, unlike yours, it didn't roar to life. It purred. You road with Kris not saying anything, feeling as if you shouldn't because of what happened earlier that morning. "Since when do you go to my school?" You asked, Kris simply smiled " Ever since you started going, though it's a big university itwas never hard to find you." You could feel yourheart beating faster and faster.

Once you reached school you didn't want to get out of the car, especially with Kris. There were a lot of girls at the school that liked him, you had always kept it a secret how much you liked him. Playing it off as if you had no intrest in him.

What are they going to say?

Kris opened your door and pulled you out by the hand. You felt your face burn, but only for a second.

"Ready for school ---?" You nodded, feeling no words were able to be spoken. "Then let's go."

He started walking toward the building, you collected yourself and started following. Then your phone went off.

1 New Message: Unknown

You didn't want to read what it said, but opened it up anyway

Be careful ---. I'm watching you.

You closed your phone, took a breath, and walked towards the building. Feeling as if someone was watching you.