trapped.

silent nights; a drabble collection

"Mr. Lau."

He doesn't reply.

"Henry."

The man fidgets, still not looking at that someone who's calling for him. His whole arm is still bandaged, blood seeping through the cast. His eyes are dull, with no emotions left, as if he's already dead.

As if he can't feel anything anymore.

The man sighs exasperatedly, closing his eyes. He seems to be weary, tired, even -- but Henry doesn't mind him. He keeps staring at the photo frame beside him, who's encasing him with -- with his girl. The girl he loved, yearned for, even --

Kyuhyun can only look pitifully at Henry. He knows that she has already damaged him too much -- she left too much imprints on Henry. Too much memories that even Henry, the master of forgetting, can't even erase. She was his life, his happiness -- and then she suddenly left him. Alone, in that secluded piano room.

Knock. 

Taemin comes in, his frame seeming so tiny in his jacket. His eyes are puffy, and his nose is red -- the dried tears are still imprinted on his cheeks. He's shaking, trying to control his erratic breathing.

They look at each other, and--

Kyuhyun breaks.

It's Kyuhyun who runs to him and hugs him deeply, it's Taemin that finally bursts into tears again, and it's them who's finally breaking down again.

"H-hyung," Taemin sobs, "Kyuhyun-hyung, when i-is Henry-hyung going to r-realize? That-- that she left him--"

"T-Taemin--"

"T-that she left him for another man! She doesn't deserve to be the reason that he burned the piano-- that he burned himself-- she doesn't deserve anything from him!"

He screams in anger, and he clutches Kyuhyun's shirt -- they both fall down to the ground, and Taemin sobs even harder, gripping Kyuhyun as tightly as possible. Kyuhyun can only gasp, tears falling -- and yet, Henry still ignores them.

"I WANT HENRY-HYUNG BACK!"  Taemin screams furiously, sobs shaking his whole body. "I WANT MY HENRY-HYUNG BACK!"

Kyuhyun hugs Taemin even harder, and Taemin struggles to get out from his grasp, because he's angry-- he's furious for Kyuhyun to even let Henry meet her. He's furious that Kyuhyun's the one that introduced his Hyung to that woman-- that devil.

Taemin finally stops trying, and he only sobs quietly into Kyuhyun's chest. Kyuhyun soothingly pats Taemin's back, and he suddenly chokes because of his own tears-- because he realized that he was the one who made Henry do this to himself. The reason that Henry had hurt himself.

"I'm so sorry, Taemin-ah." he murmurs.

"It's- it's not your fault," Taemin mumbles apologetically.

Silence.

"He's trapped," Kyuhyun whispers tiredly, closing his eyes, worn out. "He's trapped in his own world, where everything is fine, where she's still with him, and that's because of her. She made him think that she's his everything, while she's not."

And Taemin cries even harder.

Even when the doctors and nurses rushes to the room to calm Taemin down, Henry still ignores them all, staring at the picture of him with her.

"You ," Kyuhyun states in dark amusement. "You idiot."


explanation for this piece if you're interested