still doll.

silent nights; a drabble collection

The girl flutters her eyelashes awake, her breathing labored and her ankle cuffed to the fireplace on her side. Her brown curls was let loose on her back. She blinks and dusts off her red dress, mind still hazy from her deep slumber. She yawns, her perfect fingers touching . Still blinking, she rises from her stool.

A red cello lay on the dusty floor beneath the ruffles of her dress. Automatically, she picks up the instrument, and also picks up the bow beside it.

Her cold fingers travels to the warmth of the cello. She frowns, because usually both things are cold. Shrugging it off, she presses her fingers on the frets.

Her fingers automatically grips on the frets as the bow flounces off the strings, creating a sharp yet melodic sound. She smiles, continuing her play.

Somehow, the tune turned into a shrill - her absurd laugh bounces off the walls of the secluded room as the cuffs hugging her ankles creakes in protest when she moves her legs further. Her dress becomes discolored, becomes white - as crimson dripped on the the dress as if it was a canvas.

She laughs again, tears prickling on her eyes. The chains on the cuffs creaked again, but still, she plays, her fingers dripping blood to the dress, and her black Mary Jane heels scratched the wooden tiles below it.

It continues on, for hours and hours.

Until Taeyeon drops her bow and fell with her cello, blood drained out of her perfect little fingers.