Chapter Eleven

The Kissing game

“I know I said no partner swaps…but this was a matter out of my control Sooyoung, I’m going to have to pair you up with Kai.  End of story” Ms Lee stated as she looked at Sooyoung who now stood before her.

“WHAT?” Sooyoung blurted as she looked at Ms Lee “I-I mean Myungsoo is fine right?” she turned to look at Myungsoo who was lying on one of the infirmary beds away from earshot.

“Miss Choi I don’t think you understand, it’s quite obvious he’s injured and the same goes for Yoona, which leaves both you and Kai with no partners.”

“But…”

“But no Choi, You both have no partners and the nurse has already instructed that these two rest for the remainder of the camp. It’s only a week right? You can survive a week with being Kai’s partner. Besides what’s wrong with being his partner?”

Everything was wrong. The brunette sighed in defeat. She had wanted to enjoy her camp, but more importantly avoid Kai as much as possible too. Sure she still felt butterflies around him but she was confused and after what happened the other night and every other time he was unpredictable. Becoming his partner was only going to mean a disaster.

“Fine” the brunette sighed as she headed back towards the rest of the group.

“Hey how are you feeling?” Sooyoung asked the now conscious Yoona as she perched herself on the edge of her bed.

“Better… I think” she smiled shifting herself into a sitting position slightly wincing when she moved her injured arm. “And I couldn’t help but overhear that you and Mr Playboy are partners now” Yoona winked at her friend before bursting into a fit of laughter.

“Don’t push your luck Yoong” Sooyoung glared “I’ll poke your injured arm” flopping onto the bed the brunette pouted.

“What could possibly go wrong?”

“What could possibly go wrong?” Sooyoung repeated “The end of the world Yoong or maybe world war 3”

“Stop being a drama queen Soo, I know that deep down and I mean somewhere waaaaay down in your heart there’s this little piece of happiness over the fact that you and Kai are partners”

“Please, punch me when that comes true.”

“I will, oh hey here come the annoying dweebs”

Sitting up Sooyoung watched as, Sehun, Tao and Baekhyun entered the room.

“Yoong, You’re alive!” Baekhyun smiled running towards the bed to take a spot near Sooyoung, Sehun and Tao following pursuit.

“Ha ha very funny Bacon, just because I’m injured doesn’t mean you’ll have a better chance of getting Sooyoung” Yoona glared at the other male.

“What? I’m not trying to take her” Baekhyun feigned innocence before cuddling closer to Sooyoung “and my names not Bacon”

“Whatever”

“Uh guys it looks like lunch is over, and our next activity is starting” Tiffany interrupted sticking her head through the door “and Youngie Ms Lee forgot to tell you that you’ll also be put into our group and it looks like we’re on the flying fox next”

“Okay Thanks Tiff”

“No worries I’ll wait for you outside”

“NO!!!!!” Three voices interrupted

“T-that means Youngie isn’t in our group anymore?” the three looked adorable if not for the watery look in their eyes.

“Oh come on!” Yoona threw her one arm up in disbelief “You three are an embarrassment to the male race” Yoona scoffed

“Shut up Yoong” Sehun glared “You’re the one that fainted at the sight of blood and we’re men for your information”

“Prove it!”

“Fine”

“Okay, $10 says your three can’t stay away from Sooyoung for the rest of the day! And that’s $10 each”

“FINE! And when we win this you have to stay away from Sooyoung for 2 days and you can’t bully us away from Youngie anymore.” Sehun yelled back

“Deal” Yoona smirked “Oh and your time starts now” Yoona smiled evilly at the three as they retreated from the room Sehun having to drag the two shocked boys forcefully out of the room.

“No~” Baekhyun wailed “Why Sehun why?”

“Bacon we can do this!” Tao and Sehun patted the other male.

“My names not Bacon~~”

“Yoong was it really necessary to make a bet out of this?” Sooyoung chuckled slightly

“Yeah, I just wanna see how far they’d go till breaking point” Yoona laughed “I won’t actually take their money I just need to find something out”

“Find what out?”

“Uh nothing.” Yoona covered up “You should get going by the way lover boys probably waiting”

“Yoong~ don’t push it”

“What? I’m only saying it the way I see it”

“Aish… I’ll see you later Yoong oh and tell Myungsoo oppa I said bye since he was asleep when I last saw him” Sooyoung smiled before leaving the infirmary.

‘Aish that girl has a swarm of boys after her and she’s so oblivious… and I have this weird feeling one of those dweebs is hiding something too’

Yoona sighed as she laid back onto her pillows before she carefully peeled back the bandages on her arm to see the small cut on her skin. “Aish those pabo’s… I even had to injure myself so they can be partnered together…” She smiled to herself. “Now I just need to see what those dweebs have to hide”

“Drop me and I’ll maul your face”

“I wouldn’t drop you for the world Princess” Kai smirked

“Jerk” Sooyoung mumbled as she turned her head away hiding the heat she felt on her face.

Kai stared back at the brunette innocently, to say they weren’t getting along was an understatement, In fact they had been at each other’s throats since the beginning of their most recent activity which had only been a mere 5 minutes.

“Why don’t you guys just kiss and make up already?” Kris joined the two with Jessica in his arms.

“Shut up Kris, I didn’t ask for your five cents of sarcasm” Kai bit back

Sooyoung squirmed in Kais arms.

“And quit moving will you? You’re not making my part any easier” Kai aimed a glare to the female in his arms as she huffed in response. “What’s the point of this damn activity anyway?”

“Well if you had taken the chance to listen then you would have heard Ms Lee saying this was more aimed towards us guys.” Kris responded

“It’s mainly to build strength, and more importantly teamwork” Jessica added

“I still don’t get it” Sooyoung and Kai answered in unison.

“Woah you even speak in synch now” Kris teased

“Shut up” the two answered

“Cute” Jessica teased at the brunette winking. Sooyoung only sighed before rolling her eyes. In all honesty she personally thought that this activity was ridiculous not to mention it meant she had to be in close body contact with her jerk of a partner.

As Ms Lee had instructed, this activity was ‘simple’. The boys had to carry their partners while working through an obstacle course before finishing off with a trek towards the campsite. Although some girls were delighted with the idea of being carried by their partners she was still irritated that of all people she had Kai.

“And Go!” Ms Lee yelled through her megaphone.

Kai slowly worked through the course with Sooyoung in his arms, Kris had probably disappeared at full speed because Sooyoung could no longer see tall blonde headed boy and her blonde haired friend. When it came to the part of the course where they had to slightly crouch while going under the logs, the brunette slightly cowered as Kai’s face came closer to her own. She’d be lying if she said that it wasn’t affecting her in any way whatsoever.

Kai could smell her, and as much as he enjoyed her sweet scent it was also a distraction. She stayed quiet and he could feel that she was slightly stiff in his arms.

“Relax, I won’t drop you”

The brunette only nodded her head slightly before turning her focus elsewhere.

At the end of the course Kai gently set her down. As much as she was annoyed with Kai she felt some guilt at she looked at his tired and sweating face. Dashing off the brunette returned with a bottle of water and a flannel in hand, handing it to the panting boy.

“Thanks” He smiled

Sooyoung smiled back naturally, it was times like these she liked Kai and not when he was being the jerk playboy.

Ms Lee was busy giving more instructions on the trek and as she numbered off the students and assigned them to different routes Sooyoung quietly followed Kai as he lead their way.

They’d been walking for almost an hour and Sooyoung was exhausted. Kai however looked as if he could run for the next 3 hours and still not break a sweat.

Sooyoung stared at the ground as she lazily dragged her feet. She came to a sudden stop when her head came into contact with something solid. Rubbing her forehead she looked up only to be met with Kai’s eyes, it seemed she had walked head first into his chest. She blushed slightly before Kai crouched with his back facing her.

“Get on”

“What? N-no you already had to carry me before and you’re tired” Sooyoung muttered stepping away a little.

“Sooyoung you either get on or I’ll make you” Kai turned his head to face her with a playful smile. Not wanting to face Kai’s playboy side Sooyoung cautiously took a step towards the crouching male, wrapping her arms around his neck before he stood straight and hooked his own arms around her legs.

“Sorry” she mumbled

Kai only chuckled in response before they continued the journey in comfortable silence.

It had been 20 minutes now and Kai estimated that the remainder of their walk would be around 45 minutes. Even with Sooyoung on his back he didn’t feel the least bit exhausted in fact this was probably the longest time he and Sooyoung had remained civil with each other.

Before the dark haired boy could start a conversation with the brunette he felt the weight of her head on his left shoulder followed by gentle snores before her grip around his neck loosened. He turned his head to find she had rested her chin on his left shoulder. Kai’s heart thumped in his chest and he resisted the urge to touch her sleeping face.

‘Why do you make me feel this way?’

Sighing Kai turned his head away and continued walking to distract himself. It didn’t help that her soft hair that draped over his shoulder brushed against his arm or the fact that her breathing tickled at his neck and not to mention that he had already been having a difficult time with her strawberry sweet scent.

His feelings were a mess. ‘She’s just a phase Kai; get over it like you do with all those other girls’

“A phase” Kai mumbled as he saw the sight of their campsite nearing.

“Yeah, she's just a mere phase” he repeated.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

a/n: Hey yo~ my sincere substers ^^ this is probably a boring and somewhat short update but yeah just a before hand this might be my only update for a while because I have loads of assignments and I have my exams coming up in a few weeks time or more like soon T-T anyway do stay awesome and I hope to see you all still here when I do update >.<

And yes Detective Yoona smells something fishy lol

Thank you to:

Thatxx

sooyoungie-unnie

LoveCorea

too for upvoting and to all you lovely people who comment or are silent readers :D stay AWESOME~~

-throws younglove everywhere-