Hospital

Damaged Heart

Hoya woke up the next day and he was ready to go for work. He kissed his mom goodbye and hurriedly walked to his other car. He got in and drove to the office.

As he arrived, he parked his car and went in. He greeted the staff with a warm smile and walked to his room. He placed his briefcase and started his work. As usual, his day in the office went by fast as he let out a sigh of relief as his work had done.

He pulled out his cell phone and surprise to see twenty miss called showed in the screen with a number of messages. He was much focused to his work that he didn’t even take a chance to look at his cell phone. He opened the message and as he read it, his eyes widened in horror. He quickly walked to the car and drove to the hospital.

As he arrived, he speed walked to the room and anxiously opened the door in front of him. He peeked in when he saw his fiancée’s parents were also in the room. He slowly made a small step when the four eyes caught him. He politely bowed to them and apologized to them.

“Where were you today? We’ve been calling your phone but you never pick,” his fiancée’s mother questioned a bit angry.

“I was busy-“

“Busy until you didn’t have time to check the cell phone?” she completed.

Hoya hung his head low feeling guilty.

His soon-to-be father-in-law tried to calm down his wife, “Slow down, our Chorong is sleeping. You don’t want to wake her up. Hoya is already here, you don’t have to be angry anymore. He will take care of her.”

Chorong’s mother glared at her husband and to Hoya, “All men are the same!” she ended and left the room. Chorong’s father walked closer to Hoya, “I’m sorry with your mother’s attitude, I hope you don’t take it personally.”

Hoya shook his head, “I understand.”

Her father chuckled, “Please take care of her.”

“I will, thank you uncle.”

“Father.”

Hoya looked up, “Yes, father.”

As the room was left with only Hoya and Chorong only, he took a seat next to Chorong’s bed and carefully caressed his hand. Chorong who was a bit awake peered to her accompany. A small smile formed on her pale face as she saw Hoya was sitting next to her. She felt blessed to have someone like him on her side and the same time she felt worried for some reason. He continued her sleep as Hoya slowly laid his head beside Chorong’s hand.

---

“Oppa~” Chorong cooed making Hoya awoke. Hoya looked to the window but it was still dark. He tried to turn his head but felt his neck ached that he massaged it. “Are you okay?” Chorong asked in concern. Hoya shook his head, “My neck hurts.” Chorong nodded and she carefully pulled the blanket on top of her away. She was about to get up but Hoya stopped her. “It’s okay.” Chorong looked at him softened.

“There’s mattress inside the closet,” she said pointing to the closet. Hoya nodded and walked to get it. He laid the mattress down and looked at Chorong, “Aren’t you going to continue your sleep?” Chorong shook her head; he got up and sat in front of Hoya, “Let’s get some fresh air.” Hoya looked at her, “Now?” Chorong nodded and pouted. “But just for a short time.” She then brightened up and both of them left the room.

As they walked around, his eyes then spotted to someone he recognized. The man wasn’t looking as he walked with his eyes on the papers in her hand. Hoya ran after him and grabbed his shoulder before he could get into the lift.

The man startled and looked behind him, “Han… Han Ji-Ji Heon.”

“What?” Hoya asked taken aback.

***

A/N: 7 subscribers, thank you ^^ The fact that someone is reading this fic make me really happy!