Identity

Damaged Heart

In front of the operation room, Joongki walked back and forth. He couldn’t settle in his seat as his concern for his little sister levelled up every second. His face was filled with tears. What if he lost his sister? He hated the same question playing repeatedly in his mind.

Chorong and Hoya arrived in front of the operation room. Hoya’s face was pale and Chorong panted as soon as they arrived. Joongki who noticed his arrival walked to grab Hoya on the collar again but Chorong stopped him.

“Get out of my way,” Joongki ordered but Chorong strongly defended Hoya behind her. “Listen to me!” she raised her voice. It was the first time she yelled to a stranger.

Joongki’s glared at Hoya and backing away as he felt his knees weakened. Falling down to his feet, he let out a soft cry. Chorong who was looking at him with sympathy crouched down to meet Joongki’s eye level.

Joongki was aware of her eyes and so he gazed back lifelessly.

“Look, I don’t know what relationship you have with the lady in the room…”

Joongki watched her as she continued her sentence. “But, this guy behind me is the Han Ji Heon that pale girl is looking for.”

Thunder rumbled in his mind.

“What did you say?” he stared her in disbelief.

Chorong nodded as a tear rolled down her cheek. Hoya was still frozen behind her, still registering the information he just received. “It is a long story and I can’t tell you the whole story right now.”

“What important is that he is the Han Ji Heon that she’s been looking for.”

Joongki looked up to see Hoya before he got up and pulled Hoya into his embrace and a loud sobbed heard. “Where have you been?”

Hoya stood still like a statue, didn’t know how to response. He himself got shock.

“I feel so guilty towards Jumi. I don’t deserve to be called as a brother that I don’t believe to my own sister. She was right after all this time. Why can’t I believe her?”

Chorong bit her lower lips as she looked away and pulled out her cell phone to see several miss called from Hoya’s mother. She didn’t care anymore, uncovering the cover of the back, she pulled out the battery and placed the cell phone on the nearest provided chairs.

She needed to correct the mistake Hoya’s mother and she had done.

---

Joongki held his sister’s hand tight. She still hadn’t gained her consciousness but if she did, Joongki wouldn’t hesitantly show her the man she’d been looking for.

After learning the truth from the girl named Chorong, everything began to make sense now. As a doctor himself, he had heard about the illness that Hoya suffered and sadly enough, Hoya hadn’t gained his memory back.

Hoya played with his fingers, trying to rack his memories. Why couldn’t he remember anything? The memory he lost was kind of specific and it made him wonder what memory his brain decided to delete and prevent him from remembering it.

He remembered the day he gained his consciousness to find himself awake years after. Although it was difficult for him at first to accept it… he finally managed to live the day. Though there was always that empty feeling he felt at some parts of his heart.

“Joongki-sshi…” Hoya called causing Joongki to turn his head towards Hoya’s direction.

“Before I got into the accident…” Hoya paused as he felt the squeezed on his hand. Glancing to Chorong on his side, he nodded.

“Was there something happening?” Hoya continued.

Joongki swallowed hard as he took a glimpse of his little sister. Forcing a smile, he got up and moved to take a seat near Hoya. “There was…”

Hoya’s attention peaked up as he glanced at him who was sitting beside him.

“Isn’t it funny how you left her unintentionally and you came back unintentionally also?”

Hoya chuckled, “I know. I still can’t believe this.”

“Well,” Joongki continued. Chorong sat still beside Hoya, ears alive.

“Both of you hid the news that you got her pregnant…”

A sharp tug felt on Hoya’s heart. Guiltily, he averted his eyes to see Jumi on the bed, laying helplessly with IV drops connected to her with the needles.

“The fact that she pregnant out of wedlock… She feared that I would ask her to abort the baby…” Joongki chuckled to the memory.

“Then what happened? Where’s the baby?” Hoya questioned.

Joongki looked away as he inhaled deeply. “She lost it at the same day she lost you.”

Chorong gasped to the story, she began to feel even guiltier. How dense she was, if only she didn’t listen to Hoya’s mother.

“I didn’t know you had your identity changed and never a time had I doubted you. I trusted you as I let my sister loved you.”

“Until the day you went missing, my world collapsed as Jumi just lost her baby, she experienced post-natal syndrome.”

Hoya held his tears, blaming himself to whatever happened to the girl that he even called crazy. How could he?

---

Jumi’s eyes fluttering opened, her vision blurred but as soon as her eyes adjusted, Ji Heon’s face greeted him. Hoya cried and leaned forward to give her a hug. Jumi who happened to just awake was still blank on what was happening.

“Chorong-ah! She is awake!” Hoya let go of his hug and glanced to sleeping Chorong at the couch. Awake, Chorong quickly woke Joongki up. Immediately, Joongki got up and ran to his sister to give her a big hug.

Surprised with the overwhelming reactions, she couldn’t help but to cry and felt touch. Her Ji Heon squeezed her hand tight and gave her a reassuring smile before she got up and pulled him into another warm and long hug.

“I’m sorry,” Hoya apologised.

“You can get mad at me all you want. I know I’m an idiot. How can I not recognise someone who truly loves me?”

Jumi smiled as tears of happiness rolled down her cheeks, “Oppa. How can I get mad at you when you're the one I was waiting for?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Finally completed this fic! After more than a year I abandoned this fic, finally I successfully finish the story! TQ for the reading. I'm sorry if my story disappoint you guys in anyway but I'm glad if you guys enjoy this short story ^^